So how the dark heart triggers

• So how the dark heart triggers

IN this case:

I am champion zorath and have a dread banner, opponent is SD control, and have one Dark Heart on board , no other cards on board.

On my turn ,the trigger order is first I create a dread and sacrifice.

but when the case come to this:

Two DH and Two Dread banner, other same

On my turn, the trigger order is first I create a dread, then sacrifice twice, then I should sac a banner.

Why they are not same.

Can anyone explain that?
    • Yeah it sounds like this is more than likely a time stamping issue. The description of the board states and events that led to them isn't entirely clear; however, neither are the rules revolving the time stamps. I don't doubt that they're consistent (read: working as intended) it just that the whole process is not very clear from the user end.

Could probably use some clarity at some point though this is something that will always be very hard to communicate to players. It is another layer to the rules and will therefore require a deeper foundation of understanding.
    • Shinshire wrote:

Scars of War Rules and Mechanics Q&A

hmm, reread your message. what was your table besides 2 banners?
      then, How to use this theory explain the first case: that is, my opponent has a Dark Heart, I have a dread banner, and my turn I can sac my dreadling created.

Secondly I am quite sure of the board two Dark Heart of my opponent, two dreadbanners on my side, no others ,but It resolve I should sac a banner and lose that game.
    • Funktion wrote:

Yeah it sounds like this is more than likely a time stamping issue. The description of the board states and events that led to them isn't entirely clear; however, neither are the rules revolving the time stamps. I don't doubt that they're consistent (read: working as intended) it just that the whole process is not very clear from the user end.

Could probably use some clarity at some point though this is something that will always be very hard to communicate to players. It is another layer to the rules and will therefore require a deeper foundation of understanding.
      Yes, but the good news for us is that we need not remembering so many rules, you just wait for the system to do so.
    • Funktion wrote:

AceBladewing wrote:

We desperately need to be able to decide the ordering of things like this. It baffles me that we can't. I lost a limited game where I had a dread banner and dark heart out but the dark heart was resolving before my dread banner could give me a sac target.
      You can currently decide the ordering. You just can't alter it once you've locked it in
      There's no decision. Unless you're talking about the order you play them, in which case you're grasping at straws
    • AceBladewing wrote:

Funktion wrote:

AceBladewing wrote:

We desperately need to be able to decide the ordering of things like this. It baffles me that we can't. I lost a limited game where I had a dread banner and dark heart out but the dark heart was resolving before my dread banner could give me a sac target.
      You can currently decide the ordering. You just can't alter it once you've locked it in
      There's no decision. Unless you're talking about the order you play them, in which case you're grasping at straws
      Well, when you're playing both on turn 5, you certainly do get to choose which goes first, but that scenario is more of the exception.
    • Steric wrote:

Well, when you're playing both on turn 5, you certainly do get to choose which goes first, but that scenario is more of the exception.
      Yes, it certainly is. And it behaves unintuitively differently than other triggers. For example, two attacking Quash Ridge Tusker will give you a priority window to decide order regardless of which came into play first.
    • AceBladewing wrote:

Steric wrote:

Yes, it certainly is. And it behaves unintuitively differently than other triggers. For example, two attacking Quash Ridge Tusker will give you a priority window to decide order regardless of which came into play first.
      Well, there's at least consistency as far as the comparison to Quash Ridge Tusker is concerned. Abilities that require targets always let you choose the order they resolve in, and they always resolve after abilities that do not require targets have resolved.
    • Steric wrote:

Well, there's at least consistency as far as the comparison to Quash Ridge Tusker is concerned. Abilities that require targets always let you choose the order they resolve in, and they always resolve after abilities that do not require targets have resolved.
      So you're saying they're consistently inconsistent? You have to realize how silly that sounds, right?
    • AceBladewing wrote:

Steric wrote:

So you're saying they're consistently inconsistent? You have to realize how silly that sounds, right?
      I'm saying there is a set of rules and triggered abilities with targets are handled differently than triggered abilities without targets. Would you say it's inconsistent that you cannot respond to shards being played while you can respond to any other cards being played? That's simply how the rules are set up.
    • This is the reason why I really don't like Cory's laissez-faire attitude about a rule book. His reasoning is that the game decides everything so people don't need to know anything beyond that. People shouldn't have to seek out an obscure forum post to understand how the cards work.
    • AceBladewing wrote:

Funktion wrote:

AceBladewing wrote:

They removed start of turn triggers (and many others) from the core of the game's rules engine years ago. The goal at the time was to streamline things for players that were already intimidated by everything that was going on in the game. In the vast majority of situations with triggers like these it made zero impact on gameplay and just slowed things down. It sucks for the advanced player like you or me where we would like to be able to respond to these triggers or put them in the order we like but this is the world we live in. I have a few close friends who've were sent into frothing rages when this decision was made.

It would definitely allow for more strategic depth but at the cost of added complexity. It is easy for 'gamers' to overlook this tradeoff in favor of added depth but this is something that I've been talking about A LOT recently in my board game circles.