Winner Is The Judge: June 9th - June 16th

    • Winner Is The Judge: June 9th - June 16th

      The Rules:
      Design a card(s) that meets the design constraint described below. The one that I like the best is the winner.
      The winner then creates a thread for the next round, creates a new design constraint and the game continues.

      Deadline for submissions will be June 16th, 12.00AM EEST(UTC+3) . At that time I will announce the winner(s) .(As I work both Friday and Saturday, it is possible there may be a slight delay in prize delivery).

      Design Constraint:
      Because I was not really fascinated with the majority of the new champions, create the champion of your dreams and a card (or more if you like) that the champ could synergize well with, in a balanced way.

      Rewards:
      The top three entries will get to pick from the following with ending position priority:
      (excuse me if you are not fascinated by the prizepool cause my collection is small, but I promise to do the best I can) (Also, if anyone else would like to contribute to the prizes, feel free :))
      Cards
      or Elder Mistsong or Corporal Hadrian.

      Note: Credits @Eraia cause I used his previous post's form to make this one.
      [Blocked Image: http://wardens.hexcompendium.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/cropped-wardens-of-entraht-logo-tranparent.png]The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

      Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • Name: Total Control
      Faction: Neutral
      Type: Alicorn - Primal of Balance
      Charge Power: [BASIC] [BLOOD] [BLOOD] [BLOOD] [BLOOD] [BLOOD] [BLOOD] [BLOOD] [BLOOD] [BLOOD] [BLOOD] [BLOOD] [BLOOD] [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] [RUBY] [RUBY] [RUBY] [RUBY] [RUBY] [RUBY] [RUBY] [RUBY] [RUBY] [RUBY] [RUBY] [RUBY] [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] [WILD] [WILD] [WILD] [WILD] [WILD] [WILD] [WILD] [WILD] [WILD] [WILD] [WILD] [WILD] : 125 → Win the game.
      Health: 9,999

      Name: Deadly Deal
      Cost: 0
      Threshold Requirement: none
      Type: Constant
      Rarity: Common
      Ability: Lose 5 health and gain 1 of each threshold once per turn.
      Favor Text: Has anybody made a deal with that jerk and not end up regretting it? - Lose Cause

      The post was edited 1 time, last by invinible ().

    • Frostheart
      Champion - Elemental
      Armor:5
      Your health total cannot be changed by sources other than damage.
      [BASIC] [4], lose < 0 / 1 >: Gain Armor:2
      Lose 3 Armor: Interrupt target card.
      0 / 1

      Frostshard
      2 [SAPPHIRE]
      Uncommon Troop - Elemental
      Defender, Skyguard
      You have Armor: 2
      Sacrifice this: You have Armor:5 this turn.
      0 / 3

      The post was edited 4 times, last by GeneralVeers ().

    • GeneralVeers wrote:



      Will O' the Wisp
      2 [DIAMOND] [SAPPHIRE]
      Uncommon Troop - Elemental
      Defender, Flight
      2: Exile this, then put it into play under your control.
      0 / 1

      Entropy
      2 [BLOOD]
      Uncommon Troop - Elemental
      Defender, Skyguard
      When a card is buried, give a random opposing troop -1 / -1.
      1 / 3 [DEFENSE]
      What do you mean by ''2: Exile this, then put it into play under your control.'' I don't get the concept of the power.
      And here...?''When a card is buried'' You mean enters a crypt?
      [Blocked Image: http://wardens.hexcompendium.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/cropped-wardens-of-entraht-logo-tranparent.png]The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

      Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • AxelDWater wrote:

      What do you mean by ''2: Exile this, then put it into play under your control.''
      My idea was that it's like a dodge. If it's in combat, playing this ability removes it from combat. Unless I'm mistaken, if it's targeted by an action, playing this ability would break the targeting, too.

      AxelDWater wrote:

      And here...?''When a card is buried'' You mean enters a crypt?
      I believe bury is a keyword that puts the top X cards of a player's deck into their crypt.
    • AxelDWater wrote:

      What do you mean by ''2: Exile this, then put it into play under your control.'' I don't get the concept of the power.
      And here...?''When a card is buried'' You mean enters a crypt?
      It's a term from another card game, the Hex equivalent would be 'void this'.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

      Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • GeneralVeers wrote:

      AxelDWater wrote:

      What do you mean by ''2: Exile this, then put it into play under your control.''
      My idea was that it's like a dodge. If it's in combat, playing this ability removes it from combat. Unless I'm mistaken, if it's targeted by an action, playing this ability would break the targeting, too.
      To my understanding the rules, that particular implementation (dodging targeted spells) won't work. This works in Magic because cards don't have memories of what objects they were when they change zones; so when a creature re-enters play, the spell doesn't recognize it. However, HEX identities persist across the zones. So if the exile ability completely resolves while the targeting spell is still on the chain, the action will still be able to target the troop... because HEX never forgets.

      This is why cards that try to do this either have a specific time to return later (Mistlord) or can be triggered manually (Illusory Form) so that you can dodge actions.
    • champion:
      [BASIC] : 3 charges -> revert target socketed card you control. reassign its gems. if it is a troop, it gets 'cannot attack' until end of turn.
      health: 22

      card:
      troop
      cost: 2, shardless
      1 [ATTACK] 3 [DEFENSE]
      socketable minor
      your charge powers that target cards in play may also target cards in hand.
    • At first I thought I didn't have any ideas for this... champion design was eluding me. But then one came to me, as if in a dream(really it came to me while I was lying in bed unable to sleep despite being crazy exhausted, but you know what I mean)

      Autumn Stars
      Champion - Coyotle Warlock

      [BASIC] [SAPPHIRE] 3 charges -> Look at 2 random cards from your deck and pick 1 card from your crypt. Put one of those cards on the top of your deck, one on the bottom of your deck, and the remaining randomly into your deck.
      Health: 22



      Chosen of the Stars
      Troop
      [SAPPHIRE]
      Cost: 1, Rare
      1 [ATTACK] /2 [DEFENSE]
      When this enters a deck from a crypt, it gets +1 [ATTACK] /+1 [DEFENSE] .
      When this enters a deck from a crypt, that deck's owner draws a card.
      The stars have foretold of my return...
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

      Also... I'm terrible at this game.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Eraia ().

    • *** Mechanics ***
      Invest (<Cardname>) - Exhaust this. For each charge you pay when you activate this ability, put a Practice counter on this. It attempts to summon <Cardname>. If the summoning is successful, put a Practice counter on this.

      Ease X - When a card with Invest attempts to summon this, the chance to succeed is XY%, where Y is the number of Practice counters on that card.

      *** Cards ***
      Thorius
      2 [RUBY]
      Unique - Rare Troop - Goblin Warlock
      Invest 2 (Perpetual Charge Machine)
      [ATTACK] 1 / 3 [DEFENSE]
      With some modest funding, my machine will change the world!

      Perpetual Charge Machine
      3
      Artifact
      Ease 10
      At the beginning of your turn, gain [3]
      The concept was developed some time ago, but was stopped due to Human fear of what the Dwarves might do with it.

      *** Champions ***

      J. Screemin
      Champion - Goblin Warrior
      If a troop you control with 5 or more Practice counters would leave play, sacrifice your troops with 2 or fewer Practice counters. If you do, that troop does not leave play and gets invincible until end of turn.
      [BASIC] [3] [RUBY] : Until the beginning of your next turn, your effects have +10 ease.
      0 / 24

      Luigee Dragee
      Champion - Goblin Cleric
      When you successfully summon a card using Invest, gain a charge.
      2: Gain a charge.
      [8] [BASIC] [RUBY] : Draw a card.
      0 / 23

      Keenz
      Champion - Goblin Warlock
      At the beginning of your turn, if you have 10 health or less, gain 2 charges.
      [8] [BLOOD] : Summon a Zombie. It gets Lifedrain.
      0 / 19
    • OK. Because we don't have many contestants, everybody gets two prizes. Winner gets three.Just PM me here with your IGN and tell me what you want. Prizes will be given with priority of the final ranking.

      4.

      invinible wrote:

      Name: Total Control
      Faction: Neutral
      Type: Alicorn - Primal of Balance
      Charge Power: [BASIC] [BLOOD] [BLOOD] [BLOOD] [BLOOD] [BLOOD] [BLOOD] [BLOOD] [BLOOD] [BLOOD] [BLOOD] [BLOOD] [BLOOD] [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] [DIAMOND] [RUBY] [RUBY] [RUBY] [RUBY] [RUBY] [RUBY] [RUBY] [RUBY] [RUBY] [RUBY] [RUBY] [RUBY] [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] [SAPPHIRE] [WILD] [WILD] [WILD] [WILD] [WILD] [WILD] [WILD] [WILD] [WILD] [WILD] [WILD] [WILD] : 125 → Win the game.
      Health: 9,999

      Name: Deadly Deal
      Cost: 0
      Threshold Requirement: none
      Type: Constant
      Rarity: Common
      Ability: Lose 5 health and gain 1 of each threshold once per turn.
      Favor Text: Has anybody made a deal with that jerk and not end up regretting it? - Lose Cause
      Very nice and funny themed idea, but too OP. :)
      3.

      Biz wrote:

      champion:
      [BASIC] : 3 charges -> revert target socketed card you control. reassign its gems. if it is a troop, it gets 'cannot attack' until end of turn.
      health: 22

      card:
      troop
      cost: 2, shardless
      1 [ATTACK] 3 [DEFENSE]
      socketable minor
      your charge powers that target cards
      I really like the gem adjusting idea. Nice work.
      2.

      Eraia wrote:

      At first I thought I didn't have any ideas for this... champion design was eluding me. But then one came to me, as if in a dream(really it came to me while I was lying in bed unable to sleep despite being crazy exhausted, but you know what I mean)

      Autumn Stars
      Champion - Coyotle Warlock

      [BASIC] [SAPPHIRE] 3 charges -> Look at 2 random cards from your deck and pick 1 card from your crypt. Put one of those cards on the top of your deck, one on the bottom of your deck, and the remaining randomly into your deck.
      Health: 22



      Chosen of the Stars
      Troop
      [SAPPHIRE]
      Cost: 1, Rare
      1 [ATTACK] /2 [DEFENSE]
      When this enters a deck from a crypt, it gets +1 [ATTACK] /+1 [DEFENSE] .
      When this enters a deck from a crypt, that deck's owner draws a card.
      The stars have foretold of my return...
      I really like the kinda Fateweave mechanic and the card advantage possibilities

      1.

      GeneralVeers wrote:

      Frostheart
      Champion - Elemental
      Armor:5
      Your health total cannot be changed by sources other than damage.
      [BASIC] [4], lose < 0 / 1 >: Gain Armor:2
      Lose 3 Armor: Interrupt target card.
      0 / 1

      Frostshard
      2 [SAPPHIRE]
      Uncommon Troop - Elemental
      Defender, Skyguard
      You have Armor: 2
      Sacrifice this: You have Armor:5 this turn.
      0 / 3
      I liked both your entries, but I would go for the arm or. ;) So GeneralVeers, it's your turn next week.
      [Blocked Image: http://wardens.hexcompendium.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/cropped-wardens-of-entraht-logo-tranparent.png]The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

      Find us on our Discord server or website!

      The post was edited 1 time, last by AxelDWater ().