Pleasure To Die For (spoiler)

    • Pleasure To Die For (spoiler)



      music by Zophie Winters
      title & line art by Nemelex
      card art by HexTCG

      card spoilers:


      lyrics:
      Display Spoiler
      living in a world of deadly spells
      can't get out and this is my hell
      love is lost but sorrow dwells
      drowning out your angry yells
      from the hotel, inside me screaming from the pain
      here's another failure for you to entertain
      but not in here, i'm steppin' outside to face the rain
      can't you see the mask i put on so i can feign?
      what would you say to get out of the prison that you live in?
      making plans and takin' for granted what you think's a given
      i walked those streets and i knew i wasn't alone
      i felt it lurking in the shadows
      creepin' through the windows
      coming through what you exposed, you disposed, you decomposed
      memories erode
      this is the life i chose
      i need to know what you know

      i turn the corner and i see her there
      she's trapped me with her crimson lips and long white hair
      she stares my way and now i'm laying my soul bare
      and i know that i'll go with her to the ends of the world for
      pleasure to die for
      pleasure to die for

      i fell in love with a succubus
      she might be promiscuous
      but her skin is so luscious
      nothing she promises is innocuous
      look in to her eyes, say goodbye
      you can't lie or you're gonna die, or cry
      you feel her hot thighs, she's got you wrapped tight
      fight for air and try to break free but you're pacified
      you're pacified
      you don't want to go with her now but she's at your side
      you don't want to go with her now but you feel her bite
      shed your soul, give in and enjoy the ride
      lose control, lay it all out open wide
      she'll love you all night, she feeds with your hands tied
      she'll love you all night, until she is satisfied
      she'll love you 'til the demon wakes up inside
      and her love will take everything you left behind

      i turn the corner and i see her there
      she's trapped me with her crimson lips and long white hair
      she stares my way and now i'm laying my soul bare
      and i know that i'll go with her to the ends of the world for
      pleasure to die for
      pleasure to die for

      she changed you and it's for the better
      some trade their flesh for power, others for pleasure
      a few for both, or forever
      live your life for her with that carnal lust
      stand by her and she will trust
      you'll fight for her and die wanting for her until you fall to dust
      'til you fall to dust

      i turn the corner and i see her there
      she's trapped me with her crimson lips and long white hair
      she stares my way and now i'm laying my soul bare
      and i know that i'll go with her to the ends of the world for
      pleasure to die for
      pleasure to die for
      pleasure to die for


      <3
    • Wow, that is pretty damn strong card. In sacrifice deck it can be 6/6 fly on T3 (dreadling are great to target with ability when succubus die) and even without deck around sacrfice we have 3 attack on T3 with fly that opponent dont want to kill (unless its only troop we control). I hope that deathcry.dec will be a thing :)

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Reggi ().

    • NicoSharp wrote:

      Pandaemonium wrote:

      If I have a succ and a hopper out, then the opponent extinctions, I don't get a carnal demon, right?
      true - you wouldn't have a target after the initial deathcry triggers.
      On the other hand, if you had a Succubus and a Spiritbound Spy out, then the opponent extinctions, does the Spy transform and return to play before you're asked to choose a target for the Succubus or after? Does massacre work the same way or differently (since the Spy returns to play as a -2/-2 and will immediately die again)?
    • Steric wrote:

      NicoSharp wrote:

      Pandaemonium wrote:

      If I have a succ and a hopper out, then the opponent extinctions, I don't get a carnal demon, right?
      true - you wouldn't have a target after the initial deathcry triggers.
      On the other hand, if you had a Succubus and a Spiritbound Spy out, then the opponent extinctions, does the Spy transform and return to play before you're asked to choose a target for the Succubus or after? Does massacre work the same way or differently (since the Spy returns to play as a -2/-2 and will immediately die again)?
      This is just one of many examples of why we need every effect to create a priority window for the player to choose order of resolution.
    • AceBladewing wrote:

      Steric wrote:

      NicoSharp wrote:

      Pandaemonium wrote:

      If I have a succ and a hopper out, then the opponent extinctions, I don't get a carnal demon, right?
      true - you wouldn't have a target after the initial deathcry triggers.
      On the other hand, if you had a Succubus and a Spiritbound Spy out, then the opponent extinctions, does the Spy transform and return to play before you're asked to choose a target for the Succubus or after? Does massacre work the same way or differently (since the Spy returns to play as a -2/-2 and will immediately die again)?
      This is just one of many examples of why we need every effect to create a priority window for the player to choose order of resolution.
      Well, that doesn't even make things simple because you choose targets for abilities when they go on the stack, not when they resolve.
    • If Extinction took out a Promiscuous Succubus and a troop that returns to play when it dies at the same time (say a Forlorn Soldier), you would get to attach the Succubus effect to the returned troop. Effects with no targets resolve automatically when they are triggered, before effects that require targets do, even if they are generated simultaneously by a single event. So in this example, both the Succubus and the Soldier die, the Soldier returns automatically to play, then you get a target trigger for the Succubus's power, and can put it on the (now one-shot-less) Soldier.

      HTH. HAND. :)
      --ossuary

      "Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Ossuary wrote:

      If Extinction took out a Promiscuous Succubus and a troop that returns to play when it dies at the same time (say a Forlorn Soldier), you would get to attach the Succubus effect to the returned troop. Effects with no targets resolve automatically when they are triggered, before effects that require targets do, even if they are generated simultaneously by a single event. So in this example, both the Succubus and the Soldier die, the Soldier returns automatically to play, then you get a target trigger for the Succubus's power, and can put it on the (now one-shot-less) Soldier.

      HTH. HAND. :)
      Effects with no targets resolve automatically when they are triggered, before effects that require targets do, even if they are generated simultaneously by a single event, but I think that effects with no targets resolve AFTER the choices are made for the effects that require targets. I may be mistaken, though, which is why I asked.

      For instance, I'm pretty sure Quash Ridge Tusker doesn't get the +1 attack from Rage 1 until after you choose the target for its triggered ability, though I could be remembering incorrectly.
    • Steric wrote:

      Effects with no targets resolve automatically when they are triggered, before effects that require targets do, even if they are generated simultaneously by a single event, but I think that effects with no targets resolve AFTER the choices are made for the effects that require targets. I may be mistaken, though, which is why I asked.
      For instance, I'm pretty sure Quash Ridge Tusker doesn't get the +1 attack from Rage 1 until after you choose the target for its triggered ability, though I could be remembering incorrectly.

      Well, yes and no. It's true that Rage bonuses are added after things that trigger from initiating attack (Scarlet Swordsman also does this, if it has Rage, you choose the target while the attack is normal value, then the Rage is added on before its power actually deals damage). However, this is not the same as Deathcry effects. Deathcry happens during what I think of as a "cleanup" step (I don't know if Hex officially uses that term or concept, it's just how I think of it).

      For Deathcry to trigger, a troop has to actually reach the crypt, otherwise the system does not consider it to have "died." We see this interaction at work with Frost Wizard in play - no Deathcry effects happen, as the troop is voided instead of "dying," even if it "dies" in combat. So Deathcry triggers are only created when the system resolves effects, then the Deathcry effects are a new set of triggers. In this scenario, the system does all of the cleanup and automatic triggers before handing control over to the player, so the Spiritbound Spy or Forlorn Soldier or whatever should already be back in play before you are asked to choose a target.

      I'm probably not explaining the interaction properly, but that is how the effect should resolve. You could see this type of interaction at play right now if you have a Shroomshaw and an Axe Bot in play at the same time and cast Extinction - you'll be able to give one of the battle hoppers +2/0. :)
      --ossuary

      "Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Ossuary wrote:

      I'm probably not explaining the interaction properly, but that is how the effect should resolve. You could see this type of interaction at play right now if you have a Shroomshaw and an Axe Bot in play at the same time and cast Extinction - you'll be able to give one of the battle hoppers +2/0. :)
      Just tested it and this is not true. You cannot give either of the battle hoppers +2/0.

      Thanks for giving an example of a way to test this interaction with the current set of cards, I forgot about cards like Axe Bot that already do this.
    • Sinkhole wrote:

      Isn't the order played important in that scenerio?
      No, all that matters is that abilities go on the stack, and then resolve after. You choose the targets of all triggered abilities with targets before any of the triggered abilities, targetted or otherwise, resolve.

      With the test I just did, I played From the Ashes with an Axe Bot and Shield Bot in play and several Spiritbound Spy, Deathseeker (scrounged), Scrapyard Bruiser, and Shroomshaw in play, all played out in no particular order (the two bots were neither the first nor last of the cards played). When From the Ashes resolved, I put an opposing troop into play (a Blind Basilisk, not that it matters), and then was prompted to choose the order that the Axe Bot and Shield Bot triggers would resolve in. I was then prompted to choose the targets for Axe Bot and Shield Bot and only after doing so did all the other non-targetted deathcry triggers finally resolve, and then finally the Axe Bot and Shield Bot resolved.
    • Steric wrote:

      Ossuary wrote:

      I'm probably not explaining the interaction properly, but that is how the effect should resolve. You could see this type of interaction at play right now if you have a Shroomshaw and an Axe Bot in play at the same time and cast Extinction - you'll be able to give one of the battle hoppers +2/0. :)
      Just tested it and this is not true. You cannot give either of the battle hoppers +2/0.
      Thanks for giving an example of a way to test this interaction with the current set of cards, I forgot about cards like Axe Bot that already do this.
      Wait, really? I swear that used to work. :P
      --ossuary

      "Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well