Card Spotlight - Gaze onto the Abyss

• Very excited by the new Ascension. Seems like it will be fun. Just a little bummed that its the Blood Ascension, yet feels like you have to play Sapphire with it to get the most out of it. The Diamond and Sapphire Ascensions I could see playing in a monoshard deck if you really wanted to. This one, not so much. Maybe Frostheart will give us some Blood cards that can compete with Sapphire's Bury ability? Here's hoping.

Still exciting though!
    • So it turns Psychic Torment into an insta-kill in immortal. Awesome. The real question is how fast the ascension can go online.

Coming down on turn 2 means that my opponent will have 52 cards in deck by default with no mulligans. For simplicity's sake let's not assume the deck size will increase during the game. That means your opponent will need 26 cards in the crypt on turn 3, an impossibility. That threshold will decrease by 1 for every other card that my opponent draws, and I'll also assume that my opponent is minimizing draw effects to last longer. The threshold will be 26 on turn 3 and 4, 25 on 5 and 6, 24 on 7 and 8, etc.

With the targets established, the game becomes more of a question of the quality and quantity of bury cards. Ascending turn 3 will be impossible, and turn 4 will require multiple Chronic Madness. That makes turns 5 and 6 the most likely in a dedicated bury deck.
    • BlazingRagnarok wrote:

So it turns Psychic Torment into an insta-kill in immortal. Awesome. The real question is how fast the ascension can go online.

Coming down on turn 2 means that my opponent will have 52 cards in deck by default with no mulligans. For simplicity's sake let's not assume the deck size will increase during the game. That means your opponent will need 26 cards in the crypt on turn 3, an impossibility. That threshold will decrease by 1 for every other card that my opponent draws, and I'll also assume that my opponent is minimizing draw effects to last longer. The threshold will be 26 on turn 3 and 4, 25 on 5 and 6, 24 on 7 and 8, etc.

With the targets established, the game becomes more of a question of the quality and quantity of bury cards. Ascending turn 3 will be impossible, and turn 4 will require multiple Chronic Madness. That makes turns 5 and 6 the most likely in a dedicated bury deck.
      that make Blood ascension the fastest to acheive, no ?
    • Given that it triggers start of your turn, a surprise lunacy end of opp turn could turn it on while opp thinks he still has time to interract with the constant before you ascend.
      Awaiting the Doomwalker's arrival in Entrath since the Beta.

" Honey, where's my chaos key ?
      - Have you searched in your chaos coat ?
      - Shoot I left it in the chaos car... "

... Still be waiting for a while it seems ...
    • Seems like this is potentially the fastest ascension one can turn on thus far. Also the most inevitable. Unlike with holy ascension, the opponent's crypt generally isn't in constant jeopardy the way one's health total is, and unlike with psychic ascension you don't have to play a ton of actions and acquire the resources to play all of them before you can play it out. Coming down on turn 2 makes it difficult to counter, and bury cards are generally fairly powerful in how many cards they can get rid of. I don't know if it's the "best" of them, but it sure seems the most likely to eventually happen, and that excites me.

The champion DOES have cool art, though I think some of the insanity may be in believing that that outfit a) offers even the remotest bit of support, and b) isn't going to stab into her every time she moves. One would also think there would be more connotations to the Chaostouched in her design given her status as an Avatar of Madness. Then again, the Chaostouched aren't even from Entrath, meaning they technically aren't even affiliated with the Primal of Madness. Wonder what said primal's actual stance on them is.
      Flair of Fortune
      Cost 3, 3/3, Unique, colorless
      When an opposing champion plays a card, there's a 33% chance to summon a Kismet's Omen.

"Fortune favors all in equal measure. But perhaps not at the same time."