The way sister of the herd works is stupid

    • The way sister of the herd works is stupid

      First of all, this is not necessarily a bug, I wish it were, but I believe the game is running just as the creators designed.... therefor this is more of a complaint, gripe, random whining, w/e.

      So I fell in love with sister of the herd as soon as i saw her <3 , She is pretty awesome, allowing any beasts(Of which there are not as many as i thought, though the skarns are my favorite troops) and preventing opposing non-combat damage.... if only it was implemented better... :thumbdown:

      • Things that should be considered opposing non-combat damage that aren't :D
        • Burning counters, the main reason i wanted to use this merc is to stop all the g*d D**N burning, seriously! But the game considers burning to be YOUR character dealing damage to itself... I guess i can kinda under stand that, but still lame. :(

        • You making your troops battle opposing troops, the damage their troop deals to yours is not reduced, thanks to people in general chat we realized it was because the game treats the "BATTLER" aka you as the one dealing all the damage(Obvious in hind sight.). This is also stupid... and this one i'm not ok with X/
      • Things that are considered opposing non-combat damage that shouldn't be. <X
        • Opposing characters making two troops battle. (See above) ||

        • Opposing cards/effects redirecting damage, mainly the boss of the kukatan(however you spell it) dungeon. Example: You swing in for lots of combat damage, the behemoth then redirects all of it to himself...minus 2 points of damage per troop that hit.... so 5 troops hitting for 3 damage and 100 troops hitting for 2 damage each deals a whopping 5 damage to the behemoth.... BULLSH*T :cursing: (Something else that i realized while writing this, it's probably considered opposing non-combat damage just so troops with lethal don't kill it... still... not cool)


      P.s. Other than that love the game, lots of fun, I have put a couple $100 in every couple of months, i just wish pve updates were more frequent. :saint:
    • The Final Boss of kukatan dont redirect the damage the damage to his zombie goliath.
      instead he stopps all damage from not flying troops dealt to the boss himself and than the boss deals the same amount of damage to his zombie.
      And because the boss deals damage to the zombie lethal and lifelink doesnt work (thats correct here!) and sister of the herds nerfs all damage by 2.

      So playing sister of the herd without flying troops and going wild against the final boss of kukatan is not the bst idea for a fast kill :)

      But im a bit confused about the battling theme, because i have a sister deck myself and many many battling cards and ALL battles my troops fight with the troops on the other side of the board IS touched form the mercs passive.
      So my carnassaurus for example can kill his carnassaurus without taking damage!

      I played my sister deck some weeks ago, so perhaps its just a bug the came with the last patch?
      Because i really think the battle damage from oppenent troops SHOULD be reduced.
      Dinglers are the best race on Entrath!
    • I disagree with this rather thoroughly. I'd say Sister of the Herd is already obscenely powerful compared to any of the other three Mercs you get in singleplayer.

      Yeah, you can't stop burning effects from being applied, but Pained Existence, the Barricades in AZ1 and so many constants, all of them become negligable threats using sister.

      Personally, I run her with a Buffalord/Beast deck and giggle as my opponents can't damage me indirectly (From her ability) and are too afraid to attack (From her souped-up Beasts).
      Never shift in to reverse without a backup plan.
    • Amostephil wrote:

      But im a bit confused about the battling theme, because i have a sister deck myself and many many battling cards and ALL battles my troops fight with the troops on the other side of the board IS touched form the mercs passive.
      So my carnassaurus for example can kill his carnassaurus without taking damage!
      See the problem is this: this specific thing is when i first noticed... The opponent crocodile river, i had a Skittering Skarn out(It was given lethal by sister, and fish hands by the enemy.) its a 2/3 lethal swift strike speed. the opponent plays a croc 4/4, and makes it battle the skittering skarn. What SHOULD happen thanks to sister: Croc takes 2 damage lethal kills it, skarn takes (4 minus 2) damage leaving it alive at 1 defense. What ACTUALLY happens: Skarn takes 2 and croc takes nothing, because my skarn's damage was reduced by sister....

      SaintVicarious wrote:

      I disagree with this rather thoroughly. I'd say Sister of the Herd is already obscenely powerful compared to any of the other three Mercs you get in singleplayer.
      Seriously? ?( Augustine with a mono-diamond life-gain( Adamanthian Scrivener, Righteous Paladin, Soul Marble,) Personally i like halls of kukatan and Spirit of Retribution(with both equipment) as well, but Augustine is a monster. Righteous paladin 6/6 crush steadfast + Kiss of the Princess and/or Mettle.... :rolleyes:

      And tatsuhiro with Acolyte of Shoku, egg hunt and Spring Litter Disciple ( Dread Harvest and Oberon's Eulogy for that finishing touch) wrecks face. the vulnerable counters are insane. X/

      Mayor galaway.. i can't honestly say i like him, want to run white? augustine or aethynia is much better, want to run blue? elder mistsong/ ashahsa.
      I personally use him(if i ever do) in a mono-saph mill deck, with war drums soul marble and a bunch of other asault stuff.

      Clatterclank is a lot of fun for those really wacky expensive decks, but not really a reliable grinding deck.

      and these are just a few ideas, compared to them sister of the herd has very limited decks... you go green ramp :) with jaguars and a few other decent troops(that are ONLY playable because its sister) or you go 8o skarns(with burn) or you can try and fail to do something stupid :thumbdown: with black( Cockatwice, Chupacabra) That's it 2&1/2 possibilities....

      And it's a given that any sister deck needs buffalord. ||

      The post was edited 1 time, last by KalAeon ().

    • Kalene wrote:

      Seriously? ?( Augustine with a mono-diamond life-gain( Adamanthian Scrivener, Righteous Paladin, Soul Marble,) Personally i like halls of kukatan and Spirit of Retribution(with both equipment) as well, but Augustine is a monster. Righteous paladin 6/6 crush steadfast + Kiss of the Princess and/or Mettle.... :rolleyes:
      And tatsuhiro with Acolyte of Shoku, egg hunt and Spring Litter Disciple ( Dread Harvest and Oberon's Eulogy for that finishing touch) wrecks face. the vulnerable counters are insane. X/

      Mayor galaway.. i can't honestly say i like him, want to run white? augustine or aethynia is much better, want to run blue? elder mistsong/ ashahsa.
      I personally use him(if i ever do) in a mono-saph mill deck, with war drums soul marble and a bunch of other asault stuff.

      Clatterclank is a lot of fun for those really wacky expensive decks, but not really a reliable grinding deck.

      and these are just a few ideas, compared to them sister of the herd has very limited decks... you go green ramp :) with jaguars and a few other decent troops(that are ONLY playable because its sister) or you go 8o skarns(with burn) or you can try and fail to do something stupid :thumbdown: with black( Cockatwice, Chupacabra) That's it 2&1/2 possibilities....

      And it's a given that any sister deck needs buffalord. ||
      Augustine is good, though that has more to do with the deck than anything he provides. Tatsuhiro is fairly weak in terms of what he provides. Mayor Galaway I typically only use for his party passive, as he's very weak.

      Everyone else you mentioned is not a PVE reward. Compared with the above three, Sister of the Herd is leaps and bounds better. I'd actually go so far as to call her my most consistent Mercenary. Run five shards and all Beasts, and you can basically just play cards as they pop up and still win. Getting Lethal on that Skarn means you have a defensive troop that will always kill whatever attacks. Or Flight/Swiftstrike on that Chupacabra and you'll debuff enemies constantly. Hell, even just the Buffalo become a considerable threat when they've managed to obtain half a dozen abilities. And her ability to automatically grab the shards she needs for a beast means even a five-shard deck can still consistently deploy Dream Turtles and Genesis Pool Leviathan. Add in the ability to ignore negative effects, and you can basically just wait until you have enough firepower to kill the enemy in a single turn, hit her active ability, and giggle as the enemy gets completely overwhelmed by flying, swiftstriking lethal beasts.
      Never shift in to reverse without a backup plan.
    • SaintVicarious wrote:

      Kalene wrote:

      Seriously? ?( Augustine with a mono-diamond life-gain( Adamanthian Scrivener, Righteous Paladin, Soul Marble,) Personally i like halls of kukatan and Spirit of Retribution(with both equipment) as well, but Augustine is a monster. Righteous paladin 6/6 crush steadfast + Kiss of the Princess and/or Mettle.... :rolleyes:
      And tatsuhiro with Acolyte of Shoku, egg hunt and Spring Litter Disciple ( Dread Harvest and Oberon's Eulogy for that finishing touch) wrecks face. the vulnerable counters are insane. X/

      Mayor galaway.. i can't honestly say i like him, want to run white? augustine or aethynia is much better, want to run blue? elder mistsong/ ashahsa.
      I personally use him(if i ever do) in a mono-saph mill deck, with war drums soul marble and a bunch of other asault stuff.

      Clatterclank is a lot of fun for those really wacky expensive decks, but not really a reliable grinding deck.

      and these are just a few ideas, compared to them sister of the herd has very limited decks... you go green ramp :) with jaguars and a few other decent troops(that are ONLY playable because its sister) or you go 8o skarns(with burn) or you can try and fail to do something stupid :thumbdown: with black( Cockatwice, Chupacabra) That's it 2&1/2 possibilities....

      And it's a given that any sister deck needs buffalord. ||
      Augustine is good, though that has more to do with the deck than anything he provides. Tatsuhiro is fairly weak in terms of what he provides. Mayor Galaway I typically only use for his party passive, as he's very weak.
      Everyone else you mentioned is not a PVE reward. Compared with the above three, Sister of the Herd is leaps and bounds better. I'd actually go so far as to call her my most consistent Mercenary. Run five shards and all Beasts, and you can basically just play cards as they pop up and still win. Getting Lethal on that Skarn means you have a defensive troop that will always kill whatever attacks. Or Flight/Swiftstrike on that Chupacabra and you'll debuff enemies constantly. Hell, even just the Buffalo become a considerable threat when they've managed to obtain half a dozen abilities. And her ability to automatically grab the shards she needs for a beast means even a five-shard deck can still consistently deploy Dream Turtles and Genesis Pool Leviathan. Add in the ability to ignore negative effects, and you can basically just wait until you have enough firepower to kill the enemy in a single turn, hit her active ability, and giggle as the enemy gets completely overwhelmed by flying, swiftstriking lethal beasts.
      Katsuhiro is easily one of the strongest mercenaries and far more reliable than Sister of the Herd.

      She's stupid good in certain fights and kind of ehh elsewhere.
    • What makes Sister so powerful is the fact that the AI can't handle her Protect the herd ability at all. It simply doesn't take it into account so the AI-opponent just wastes spells and powers that do damage. I'll gladly use her in the final Kukatan fight even though her ability protects the big zombie from ground attacks as it all but nullifies the champion power of the goblin, and still damages the zombie when it uses it. It would still be more fun if the AI could handle things like that though.

      I have no problem with how the Protect the herd is implemented technically though.

      As for Augustine I mostly use him to punch up the Kraken as it is quite easy to get a power 8 troop with swiftstrike with him, which basicly is what you need to be home in that fight.
    • Galliard wrote:

      Katsuhiro is easily one of the strongest mercenaries and far more reliable than Sister of the Herd.
      She's stupid good in certain fights and kind of ehh elsewhere.
      See, perhaps it's because my Shin'Hare deck is somewhat thin, but I find him far more beholden to luck than her.

      She is by far my most consistent deck, even moreso than my Vennan mercenary. As ShazPur said, a good chunk of that is because the AI doesn't know how to handle her. Spells and Constants mean nothing to her. And her troops get stupidly overpowered the longer the match drags on. On top of that, where the five shards would normally be suicide, her one-shot makes them surprisingly easy to manage.

      Let's put it this way: I actively avoid trying to use her, because it makes most encounters too easy to be fun. She's basically on there when I've gotten too frustrated trying to win an encounter. And even then, I'd still say she wins 80% of the time when I do use her.
      Never shift in to reverse without a backup plan.