Mono saph/empress and how to make it a fair deck.

• New

Steric wrote:

it's not popular in PvE.
      Because we have no hard content. People don't want to win turn 5, they want to win turn 2.

If we had content that was tough enough for that to be impossible, Titania's would probably suddenly seem a whole lot more appealing.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • New

Transience wrote:

However, I have always liked the restrictions that MtG has for power 9 in legacy/vintage and don't really understand why they haven't used that rule more often in other formats.
      Here's the official answer:

markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/…ictions-only-found-within

Darkwonders wrote:

Honesty, the arguments for nerfing or banning a cards are largely the same. I see where people are coming from from both sides... Problem is, people aren't taking the time to actually listen to the other side. Everyone just hyperbolizes the worst case scenario for doing one over the other.
      There's a fundamental difference between the arguments. Those of us in favor of nerfs are generally not saying they should exclusively use nerfs. Even if they nerfed cards, they could still ban in cases where a ban would be better. That's why I advocated a ban in the TM case despite my general support of nerfs.

So a worst-case scenario is actually appropriate. If you accept that there's a single case where a nerf would be better, you should support a general policy of nerfs being a tool they can use when appropriate.
    • New

Mach wrote:

Transience wrote:

However, I have always liked the restrictions that MtG has for power 9 in legacy/vintage and don't really understand why they haven't used that rule more often in other formats.
      Here's the official answer:
      markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/…ictions-only-found-within
      Thnx! So since it leads to higher variance we can probably expect HEX to use this tool in the future. :D
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • New

I was out of hex the whole of last season but returned to find everyone talking about sapphire. To be honest I don't regard it as a really strong deck. The best tools exist in blood as a color. Noxious glory is really good against much of the field including mono sapphire dreadlings.
    • New

When cards are changed after they are printed in other digital card games, it freshens up the meta between sets. That's the part of card rebalancing that I appreciate the most. Certain decks may become more viable, or they may have to take a different approach ... etc. And the game just ends up being more interesting -- to me, anyway.

I'd like to see minor tweaks to cards (e.g. make copycat a 1 cost card), but I assume that card rebalancing will never happen in Hex.

Regardless, the value of cards already changes dramatically between sets. (Case in point: mightsinger!) It's just a question of when the value will change because of developer changes to the game, and how often that happens.

Card rebalancing can be done badly though. Blizzard used to make cards unplayable when they changed them; it was like they wanted to ban the cards without banning them. Then they figuring out how to actually rebalance.