Raids

• No.

So while my inner jerk has me tempted to leave it at that, let me expand. We've had recent interviews with Cory where he's said that it's pretty much last on the PvE feature list. Especially since they haven't quite figured out how to do multiplayer in general.

Once we have Strongholds, Crafting, Achievements, and the other two classes then I think it might get a timeframe.
    • WoWfIsH wrote:

Thanks to both your responses. Good to hear that they've at least begun planning it, if not coding it. Strongholds and crafting sound great! Hadn't heard about those yet. Will we each have our own individual stronghold? What will we be able to craft?
      Yes, we would each have our own stronghold. We don't know yet exactly what the means, other than it lets us build buildings to improve our preferred aspects of the game.

For crafting we haven't heard much, but at a minimum we'll be able to make PvE cards. I'm expecting equipment too. Perhaps AAs and mercenaries too.
    • Vroengard wrote:

They're actualy at 0% yet, and I might've been fine with that, had not another smaller company that released their ccg this year hadn't already announced their co-op mode. I mean, patience is a virtue, but we don't wear blinkers.
      To be fair their game is much less complex than Hex. Its like asking why your kid cant do trigonometry because the neighbors kid has mastered addition. There is much less going on under the hood in that game and much less to worry about regarding complex interactions of cards.
    • Vroengard wrote:

They're actualy at 0% yet, and I might've been fine with that, had not another smaller company that released their ccg this year hadn't already announced their co-op mode. I mean, patience is a virtue, but we don't wear blinkers.
      damn, hex should be 1st card game that have stuff like this ... it could bring a lot of new players, becouse if im not wrong, there is no stuff like this so far in other card games?
    • Hex took 3 years to bring out a single player experience. Now imagine the multiplayer aspect implementation, you're safer to bet that faeria will have 10 instances of cooperative game modes before hex even settles whether or not they should discontinue posting recaps of tournaments every friday, let alone them actually getting any real work done within a reasonable time frame to compete here.
    • Sinistar wrote:

Hex took 3 years to bring out a single player experience. Now imagine the multiplayer aspect implementation, you're safer to bet that faeria will have 10 instances of cooperative game modes before hex even settles whether or not they should discontinue posting recaps of tournaments every friday, let alone them actually getting any real work done within a reasonable time frame to compete here.
      its time to instal faeria and take a look what they have and what they plan to implement :)
    • Vroengard wrote:

Not to split hairs, but what do you mean by "released their ccg this year"? Faeria has been in development and out in the public for a looong time now. They first launched their kickstarter shortly after Hex's, so they have been around almost as long. I have not personally kept up with Faeria since it's first days in beta, so I may not know all there is to know about it (or may be incorrect in some cases), but I just wanted to point this out to show that they probably were developing their co-op mode for a long time as well, and I doubt Faeria is as complicated as Hex is and has as much going on.
    • Vroengard wrote:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faeria#Development

"In March 2017, after a year in Early-Access, Faeria was released."

That's what I mean. 03/16 early access, 03/17 release, 6-8/17 co-op.

In comparison with Hex, 9/13 Closed Alpha, 4/14 Closed Beta, 5/16 release, 5/17 0% co-op progress*

*official quote
      0% co-op coding progress...not 0% progress period. the same interview that said they have not started programming also said that they have been working on it, just not on the code portion.
    • Sukebe wrote:

Vroengard wrote:

In comparison with Hex, 9/13 Closed Alpha, 4/14 Closed Beta, 5/16 release, 5/17 0% co-op progress*

*official quote
      0% co-op coding progress...not 0% progress period. the same interview that said they have not started programming also said that they have been working on it, just not on the code portion.
      Let's be honest here, the day they start coding it it will be release 2 years after

And to make raids work they probably need to change other things around

We never going to see raids. Not by a long shot. They have no publisher to cash the project so they need to pay for what brings money first and raids won't bring in direct cash.

They will come out with more az and more featires to complement the game and when hex is big enough you might have raids or should I say, having a game mode in the spirit of raids.
    • Portensio wrote:

Sukebe wrote:

Vroengard wrote:

*official quote
      Let's be honest here, the day they start coding it it will be release 2 years after
      And to make raids work they probably need to change other things around

We never going to see raids. Not by a long shot. They have no publisher to cash the project so they need to pay for what brings money first and raids won't bring in direct cash.

They will come out with more az and more featires to complement the game and when hex is big enough you might have raids or should I say, having a game mode in the spirit of raids.
      lol, I definitely disagree with almost everything you said here :)

Personally, I don't think raids will be a priority until we have all 6 classes, all 30 levels, and strongholds/keeps. So yes, it will almost certainly be a long while until we get raids but I don't have any doubt that we will get them.
    • I didn't read to much of that article but I gather the co op mode for that game is where you have a world boss and people attack it solo but it requires many people to attack it solo. It is nothing like the raid co op Hex Intends to do.

However maybe a world boss like that would be fun and it is certainly nowhere near as complicated to program.
    • Zeph wrote:

I didn't read to much of that article but I gather the co op mode for that game is where you have a world boss and people attack it solo but it requires many people to attack it solo. It is nothing like the raid co op Hex Intends to do.

However maybe a world boss like that would be fun and it is certainly nowhere near as complicated to program.
      I suggested this also somewhere ...

Yea its not a raid we dream of, but this feature could be good, or even better if this ould be guild boss or keep boss etc :D

we dont need to get fully coop mode right away, something between coop and playing togethere but as single is fine for me if we get it faster.

This could be a good material for some kind of events (for example big bad santa boss on christmas and some pve drop there, as we have for dungeons now) or challenge between community and developers (princess cory boss and challenge to defeat him in less then 72 hours, if community do this everyone will get some reward + some extra reward for active contributors)

how this sounds?
    • DraXor wrote:

we dont need to get fully coop mode right away, something between coop and playing togethere but as single is fine for me if we get it faster.

(...)

how this sounds?

Iiiii dunno, mate. I think I fully get where you are coming from (a bit of something sooner can very much be better than a lot of something waaaaaaaaaay down the line), but at some point a little bit is just too little.

As a different example: it's like we asked Hex for more PvE content, and Hex gave us the same dungeons we have now (same maps, same AI opponents, etc), but now you had to kill every AI opponent 5 times in a row in order to advance a node.

Technically every dungeon would now take five times more time to complete...

... but not sure we'd call that having five times more content, so to speak.

Having a boss that acts exactly the same whether you fight it alone, or fight it along 100 other people, the only difference being that the Boss has 200 lives and every time somebody kills it it loses one live...

... I dunno, technically it is multiplayer, since 100 players would kill it in two matches, but from the point of view of each player, it's just the exact same dude with just an extra number that may randomly go down as others kill it.

The thing about MMO Raids (those well executed, at least) is that they require teamwork. A Raid Boss just doesn't has a gazillion hitpoints (taking longer to kill); it usually has a bunch of skills/abilities/effects that require a coordinated team of characters with different builds in order to defeat said Boss.

So, all in all, I'm not sure I would feel a single-player AI opponent with multiple lives to be a multiplayer experience, to be honest...
    • Kerghans wrote:

DraXor wrote:

(...)

how this sounds?
      Iiiii dunno, mate. I think I fully get where you are coming from (a bit of something sooner can very much be better than a lot of something waaaaaaaaaay down the line), but at some point a little bit is just too little.

As a different example: it's like we asked Hex for more PvE content, and Hex gave us the same dungeons we have now (same maps, same AI opponents, etc), but now you had to kill every AI opponent 5 times in a row in order to advance a node.

Technically every dungeon would now take five times more time to complete...

... but not sure we'd call that having five times more content, so to speak.

Having a boss that acts exactly the same whether you fight it alone, or fight it along 100 other people, the only difference being that the Boss has 200 lives and every time somebody kills it it loses one live...

... I dunno, technically it is multiplayer, since 100 players would kill it in two matches, but from the point of view of each player, it's just the exact same dude with just an extra number that may randomly go down as others kill it.

The thing about MMO Raids (those well executed, at least) is that they require teamwork. A Raid Boss just doesn't has a gazillion hitpoints (taking longer to kill); it usually has a bunch of skills/abilities/effects that require a coordinated team of characters with different builds in order to defeat said Boss.

So, all in all, I'm not sure I would feel a single-player AI opponent with multiple lives to be a multiplayer experience, to be honest...
      dont think about this as raids v0.1 but more like different game mode, I know this is far away from COOP, but this might be something, not sure how hard to develop this could be but probably not so hard, and this could give some 'purpose' for group of players ... to do

And this might be used as some kind of challenge/event from dev to players/community.

I would love to get raids this year but probably we dont, also I would like ot see something different to AZ and more 'multiplayer' not necesery coop.

Something that guild/community can do together, have 1 goal ...

im not sure I explained exacly what im thinking of