More PVE content please! (RE Cory's podcast comment)

• While I am not one who is terribly active and involved in this community, my hours played of PvE gives me some credence to speak.

I have played over 325 hours of HEX PvE only. It is the main reason my brother and I got into this game. We are insane in our desire to build crazy decks from scratch and challenge ourselves in a PvE setting, and this is by far the only online card game that offers it. And it is amazing.

Like I said above, I have over 300 hours in PvE alone. I think what's important to understand is what entertains someone like me?

1. I can repeat content, no problem. No problem at all. I have run through the whole campaign many different times with many characters. But I will need diversity of options to keep changing it up. I don't run through the campaign because of the campaign, I run through it because of the deck building, changing, and continued acquisition of cards to continue to change it. Mercs help a TON, as you can devise a whole deck around the unique merc's abilities. The new sets help too, even the PvP sets. I can add more and different cards, then start working through the campaign again with a different deck once more.

2. Additional dungeons would be a small addition. This kind of continues the point above, but I don't run these for the dungeon (though I will never turn a new one down!). HEX is extremely rich in its deck building and amazingly strong and varied opponents.

3. Muliplayer PvE is number one tops on our list. And Guilds, of course, so we can engage more meaningfully in multiplayer. I don't know how many people will find and engage in HEX PvE Multiplayer, but it isn't something that has been done to this level. they are just introducing it in Faeria, and there were a few laughable attempts in Hearthstone, but something of this magnitude has never been attempted, let along accomplished. And why do I KNOW it will work for my brother and I? Well, I have played 325 hours, and him 170 hours (he was deployed for a bit and couldn't play) and that was simply "just to get used to the game and gather resources in anticipation of multiplayer PvE. Think about that. That is well over 500 hours between two people on a PRELUDE TO THE MAIN FEATURE! Seriously, it is mind boggling thinking about it. We watch each other's single player battle in the steam streaming mode...lol! GIVE US MULTIPLAYER! ;)

4. Frost Arena is very, Very important. The update to frost arena was needed. It is the other PvE deck building challenge that we engage in (usually design an interesting deck in campaign, then take that knowledge and design something similar to take through Frost Arena). We don't want to go find a deck that is the fastest, or the best at earning gold. nope, we want to be engaged, we want to try outlandish ideas and see how far we can get through the Frost Arena before falling. Honestly, we rarely make a perfect run, and some decks just can't do it. Sure, we could net deck one, but that's not why we play. Now, with tons of new fights and bosses, the desire and motivation to play again is very high right now. It was a good update.

5. To summarize, I am in the features camp. If someone is playing the campaign for the story and to power run it to get resources, that will be an endless pit that can't be filled by the devs. they won't be able to make dungeons fast enough! I do not judge that playstyle one bit, but when the devs have to make decisions, it would seem wiser to cater to knucklehead PvE challenge deck building addicts like my brother and I, giving us another 200 hours of play rather than catering to power dungeon runners who want the resources or even just the dungeon experience. Both of those will be over very quickly. I mean, we buy packs and plat, we spend real money on this game just to do PvE...lol.

I hope this makes sense.
    • Portensio wrote:

Opalia wrote:

HEX have income of onlt 1-2 mill $ per year wich is not much for a company with 20-40 staffs.
      You are making a bad assumption that PVE players don't spend money.
      Some players just buy cards / packs with real cash just to play around with PVE. More PVE - More players spend on cards and stuff.

The only problem is that there is no ''direct'' connection with AZ3 cost and AZ3 income. Making AZ3 cost sometihng just helps in the process but how much will you lose from players that spend money on cards to pass time on AZ3.

If Hex continues to come out with PVE stuff and is able to make it replayable then it will continue to have revenue from.
      I absolutely agree with this, very well said. Like I stated above, I spend money on PvE. And it is the replayability that keeps me around. A new Frost Arena will probably trigger an average of 50-70 hours playtime over the next couple months, and with a new set, leading to new ideas and build around cards, I will probably spend 100-150. Sure, that isn't a ton of money compared to what I know others spend, but the point is, if I HAD more to spend, I WOULD. Because PvE is important to me. PvP is not. If they abandon PvE, they lose me.

So, with regard to replayability, I think multiplayer and associated multiplayer structures (guilds, multiplayer dungeons and) would undoubtedly provide the highest replayability. If word spreads and whole groups of people come over and settle into the ONLY game to offer anything like this? You're damn right money will be spent.

Incidentally, I am not sure what strongholds are. If anyone knows, I would appreciate a quick blurb. We were sold at "cooperative."
    • What I want from pve content right now?

I want some form of repeatable content that isn't completely static that involves my pve characters.

I'm getting really bored of the dungeons we have, but not of my characters or mercenaries. They're awesome, I just want something cool to use them in.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Ertzi wrote:

I just dream of different node paths for every race and class and actual impactful decisions that would be unique based on what race-class combo you are playing, not the same copy-pasted comments for every character. Sigh. Some day...
      That's me, since Campaign came out.

They really didn't put that much effort on the RP part.
    • Sukebe wrote:

OzawaWanderer wrote:

I understand Hex wanting to focus on the release of Set 7 but I hope we get news. Sadly Campaign proved difficult and they postponed Campaign content being next patch.
      they never said we would get a campaign update with set 7, they said we would get a pve update with set 7 and we did: Frost ring arena 2.0
      I specifically said CAMPAIGN CONTENT WAS POSTPONED I NEVER IMPLIED THEY DIDN'T KEEP A PROMISE TO ADD CAMPAIGN CONTENT TO SET 7!
      Lore Hound: Self Proclaimed Expert to Hex Lore (and right 80% of time with theories)
    • Vroengard wrote:

In order to postpone something, you first need to have it scheduled. Sukebe's point was that there hasn't been any announced scheduling for Campaign.
      In my logic the next content was to be AZ3 then they said it's too complicated and they'll release set 6/7 instead
      Lore Hound: Self Proclaimed Expert to Hex Lore (and right 80% of time with theories)
    • OzawaWanderer wrote:

Vroengard wrote:

In order to postpone something, you first need to have it scheduled. Sukebe's point was that there hasn't been any announced scheduling for Campaign.
      In my logic the next content was to be AZ3 then they said it's too complicated and they'll release set 6/7 instead
      except they specifically said az3 was not what was coming next and that it would be set 7 next. they didnt postpone anything, and that was the point I was trying to make.
    • Sukebe wrote:

OzawaWanderer wrote:

Vroengard wrote:

except they specifically said az3 was not what was coming next and that it would be set 7 next. they didnt postpone anything, and that was the point I was trying to make.
      In fairness to Ozawa, WAY back Hex said their release schedule would be:
      New Set
      New AZ
      New Set
      New AZ

They changed it pretty quickly and set six and seven came out without AZ3. So there was an outline but it's an old one for which they have already explained the changes.