Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 106.

• Quote from Gregangel: “And really Hex is only in competition with Magic. ” That's only true if you focus on Magic players that will play nothing else than either Magic, or a better version of Magic. And, on top of that, you assume that they will find Hex better than Magic. I'm willing to go by that second assumption (Hex > Magic), but the first is simply too restrictive: there are gamers out there that play digital card games in general, so for those Hex does compete with Hearthstone and Gwent a…

• Quote from Transience: “Thnx! So since it leads to higher variance we can probably expect HEX to use this tool in the future. ” Would be funny if it didn't sound so eerily accurate!!

• Quote from Goliathus: “I still think unranked PvP has its place in the game despite the Train mentality that this game has: ” Oh, yes, absolutely! I didn't mean to imply there shouldn't be one; I really worded my post poorly in that regard. What I tried to say was actually the opposite, that when you pointed it out it dawned on me how differently I approached both games (and for which the Train/Party mentality seems to be a grand metaphor) since I've personally played a ton of casual games in He…

• Quote from Goliathus: “Might not be the perfect analogy, but Hex AI farming vs PvP for virtual coin in other games is like exercising vs partying and drinking them fine Dragon Valley Reserve. Exercise is obviously beneficial to someone's long-term health but certainly not fun(for the average people; otherwise obesity would not be a problem around the world) but partying and getting drunk just feel so good at the moment that many are willing to take that over exercising. (...) A lot of people rus…

• Quote from Edswor: “I really like the new pack, but I have a questions: should we call them onis or cats, or both? ” If it purrrs like a cat, meows like a cat, and stares with a "I know something you don't but I ain't tellin' you what" cat-like stare... yeah, cat. =)

• Hum! If I'm reading it correctly, the article pretty much says that Hex outclasses Magic online so hard so as to kick Magic out of the article's list. Quote: “...it plays exactly like Magic, but has a much better client and play experience than any official digital Magic game—making it a better choice for Magic fans than any of them, thus their exclusion from this list. ” If that's not a massive thumbs up for Hex, I don't know what is.

• Raids

Kerghans - - HEX Discussions

Quote from Skirovik: “Could be listed when you click on it to see whats greyed out/crossed off (already completed) and whats left. Throw in some wacky other challenges related to hp/troops/actions etc and you've got yourself something potentially worth actually using in-game chat for =) ” Yyyyup. Somebody was mentioning in chat the other day that the PvE Dungeons & AI champs could maybe give "style points" by defeating them under different conditions (with certain races/combos, or maybe decks wi…

• Quote from Eraia: “Quote from Winds: “That they didn't catch it before they spoiled it shows how little testing was done as it took very little time for people to point out the combo. It is not a point for post release changes, it is a point for what I said, which is their design/playtesting budget is very bad. ” Even the best players miss things occasionally. There are tens of thousands, probably more, possible interactions in every set. Missing one does not make them bad at testing, but jumpin…

• Raids

Quote from DraXor: “dont think about this as raids v0.1 but more like different game mode, I know this is far away from COOP, but this might be something, not sure how hard to develop this could be but probably not so hard, and this could give some 'purpose' for group of players ... to do (...) Something that guild/community can do together, have 1 goal ... im not sure I explained exacly what im thinking of ” I think you quite did, mate (explain what you are thinking), and I follow you correctly…

• Raids

Quote from DraXor: “we dont need to get fully coop mode right away, something between coop and playing togethere but as single is fine for me if we get it faster. (...) how this sounds? ” Iiiii dunno, mate. I think I fully get where you are coming from (a bit of something sooner can very much be better than a lot of something waaaaaaaaaay down the line), but at some point a little bit is just too little. As a different example: it's like we asked Hex for more PvE content, and Hex gave us the sam…

• Quote from Eraia: “Additionally, if the game ever becomes big, the vast vast majority of players will be completely unaware of this promise, and thus the impact on their overall image will be minimal, if not non-existent. ” That's assuming Hex gets a large influx of players all in one go, and also assuming those players are okay with changing cards. To put a silly example: if Blizzards decides to can Hearthstone and by some lucky chain of events ten million ex-Hearthstone players come to Hex the…

• Quote from Eraia: “ And since we're talking opinions, perception is a big deal. Again, there's no hard fact here. Changing a digital item is not ACTUALLY like changing a physical one, since technically EULAs for digital software give you no actual ownership of the product and give the developer the right to change it. So in terms of REALITY the similarity simply isn't there at all in any factual way. (...) (4. Ownership and Transfer of Account. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, YO…

• Quote from Eraia: “Edit: As to your example about money, I don't know. I've never had to deal with corporate budgets thankfully. So I can't really judge. I've never SEEN it happen, but it sounds like a logical assumption so it probably does. ” Does happen, pretty much as described. =) And, while there is indeed a risk to fall for another "slippery slope" fallacy, as you point out, the drive to drive costs down is (and should be, within reason) a constant in any corporation. The problem, of cours…

• Quote from Reeplay: “ Quote from Kerghans: “.... and, damn, I forgot: please, keep the Chat window active while Drafting. But during the Draft portion of the Draft, why da heck are we forced to be disconnected from the chat and mail? ” That's a collusion prevention measure. While they can't stop people telling their friends who are in the same draft they have at least made the effort to prevent it in game. Basically it's to stop groups getting an unfair advantage (at least within the game). Even…

• .... and, damn, I forgot: please, keep the Chat window active while Drafting. (and while we are at it, make mails available too!) Pretty please? I guess that if the reason mails are not available during a match is to prevent one player reading mails and making the other player wait, I can get behind that. But during the Draft portion of the Draft, why da heck are we forced to be disconnected from the chat and mail? It's a bit rude if you are asking for some cards or gold on the Trade channel, a …

• If I follow your suggestion correctly, basically what you are suggesting is to lower the rewards from Limited and Draft (since the packs you get as reward would be less valuable to buy into your next Draft and Limited), and to a lesser extent do the same for EVO (for the same reason, although EVO would be less affected as it doesn't reward you a pack so often), without offering any player any benefit. So, in a way, those that stand to lose the most from your suggestion are the top players that c…

• Quote from Eraia: “Quote from Kerghans: “hell hath no fury like a gamer scorned. =) ” The Modern Warfare 2 boycott steam group disagrees with this theory. Gamers, when scorned, have traditionally made no change to their habits and continued buying and playing exactly what they were likely to before they were scorned ” Well, SWG begs to differ. =) But I stand by my previous point: in this particular case (tweaking cards), the problem (or, better said, risk) is that if Hex decides to test what hap…

• Yeah, the chat is... well, could be better. I'll add: > Keep the same tab active when we navigate through menus. I use the AH and the trade channel quite a bit, and it's a PITA to switch from my collection or the battlegrounds to the AH and the chat change from Trade to General (that's probably the reason why from time to time Trade spam gets posted in General, by the way). > For the sweet love of Kismet, may She always Spin things our way, have different tabs when Whispering. It's another Royal…

• Quote from Eraia: “We can speculate, and suspect, and opine. But the reality is nobody knows for sure, and we have no real backing aside from our own personal reactions to the decision to judge based off of. ” The problem is: there is no safe way to test your theory. That's why it's wise to be conservative. For Hex to test what happens if they start tweaking cards, they would have to break their Kickstarter vows. If it works well, then maybe things work out as you say: the bonuses will offset th…

• Friday Update! 5.12.17

Quote from Draconix: “Quote from Kerghans: “Moar plz??? ” Well if you insist ... Clearly the luminaries are a spiritual order, which is why they are pictured WAX philosophical More? ” **facepalms**