Search Results

Search results 1-17 of 17.

• Clash Sealed run (3rd place)

Semiomni - - HEX Fansites

By me, some guy! Thrilled to get that far. Link to the youtube playlist here: youtube.com/watch?v=L0x4MiQ-ma…xEjTPsAKBJog3rwlJKqFYU04j

• Quote from TripleZed: “Also, just check out the 5 cost 3/3 in diamond that conscripts a 4 drop when he dies. He is quite bad (imo compared to other 5 drops)... I think this has to do with the curve-fitting and other 5 drop options (and maybe that the conscript is on deathcry? not sure). ” It's def the deathcry and the cost. Compare him to Lackey, double threshhold, , +2/+2 stats, Deathcry instead of deploy. That's def not worth 4 extra resources, game might be over before you ever see the deathc…

• Quote from NicoSharp: “It's fine to have a fundamental issue with the hypothetical application a mechanic may have based on how that mechanic was designed. Realistically, it's not a problem. If something doesn't sit well with someone, due to the layered RNG, that is fine.. ” That's cool, we're gonna stop talking now.

• Quote from NicoSharp: “If you consider yourself a solid drafter, I'm very curious to hear how many draft rounds were decided by you, or your opponent getting a bomb conscript card at or above curve? ” Thing is I have fundamental issue with the mechanic, it being an issue 2% of the time or 10% or what have you, does not enter into it. I don't think it has to dominate the limited format, to be a problem.

• Quote from Eraia: “Quote from Semiomni: “Quote from Eraia: “Quote from AceBladewing: “I think conscript should be able to create rarity up to the rarity of the source card. That way rares and legendaries conscripting can still create those rarities as well. They could even then add other effects that increase the rarities your conscripts create by one or something like that. Balance, plus future potential mechanics. ” The effects would need to be like +5/+5 in order for anyone to EVER use it lik…

• Quote from Eraia: “Quote from AceBladewing: “I think conscript should be able to create rarity up to the rarity of the source card. That way rares and legendaries conscripting can still create those rarities as well. They could even then add other effects that increase the rarities your conscripts create by one or something like that. Balance, plus future potential mechanics. ” The effects would need to be like +5/+5 in order for anyone to EVER use it like that... ” That's just not true, plenty …

• Quote from Voctor: “Quote from Limestone: “Okay, I'm done with this. I can't argue with you if you admit you can't even build your decks well. How on earth is your input on any sort of balance be relevant to anything? And if you don't think Pyre Strike and Strangle are the two best removals in the format I can't help you, because then you just objectively don't understand the game very well. I won't agree to disagree, this isn't Kindergarden. There are aspects of the argument (fun) which are 100…

• Quote from Eraia: “There seems to be more STRONG removal, to be specific. Not saying there's more overall numbers of removal cards, but there are more impactful removal options. ” There is not significantly more removal, there is randomly more bombs. In most formats bombs make up a smaller part of every deck than even removal does. I feel like the issue is really clear here.

• Quote from Eraia: “Quote from Semiomni: “I do wish people would stop bringing up how removal deals with threats. This was true in every format and remains true in this one. Both players will play scary cards, probably have a couple rares that fit their colors perfectly, you need to be ready for those. Only here's a mechanic that randomly turns commons into rares, saying "Dies to doom blade" addresses nothing, there is no new mechanic adding doom blades to decks now is there. ” The most successfu…

• Quote from Limestone: “ As for the "grab removal first"... yeah, multiple 70%+ winrate drafters have somehow missed that we should be drafting removal, we thought we were supposed to grab the troops first... ” I do wish people would stop bringing up how removal deals with threats. This was true in every format and remains true in this one. Both players will play scary cards, probably have a couple rares that fit their colors perfectly, you need to be ready for those. Only here's a mechanic that …

• Yeah put me in the camp that hates conscript. I don't think common cards should be making bombs, full stop. I've suggested it should only be able to make commons, which some think would kill the mechanic, something I also strongly disagree with, Drokka into battle preparations is a strong play either way no? Mooncall ceremony into a solid turn 2 3 drop is strong either way no? Should not include the chance of you hitting game ending bombs at all. I see some equating complaining about conscript t…

• Well I don't really have my own website, and while it looks really long I would note that unlike a lot of others I have not split the colors into different videos, so where others have one for each color that I got em all in one and timecoded, so I don't think it is unusually long. I get that it won't interest everybody, that's cool, Hexprimal does a great job covering another approach.

• Quote from AnomalyCobra: “set 6 has so much removal that bombs really aren't the end of the game ” While I'd agree there's more playable removal, by my count it's still 18 pieces in Scars vs 17 in Herofall. That's hardly a huge difference. And my point is the availability of removal did not in fact change drastically, but the abundance of bombs (Randomly) Did. As I stated in the initial post, generally you are about 30% to hit a common with conscript (Depending on the cost). That leaves about 70…

• Quote from KaminOO: “For me, the benefits outweight the drawbacks, by far. 1) Big fun factor. 2) As said by Bootlace, giving newbies the taste of legendaries is a good idea. 3) Any legendary bomb could still be shot by a simple removal. 4) More replayability : random troop + extra power All in all, the actual limited format is amazing! Great job HexEnt! ” Conscript randomly turns draft commons into bombs. Everybody still has regular bombs as well. Obviously creatures die to doom blades, but the …

• Quote from Bootlace: “One of the coolest things about conscript is it not only lets F2P/low-budget players mess around with the top rares/legendaries, but it also lets people play with the usual junk/janky rare cards normally no one would ever play with AND it gives new twists on cards (giving them Speed/Flight etc) that make them seem like completely new cards. I would rather they increase the costs rather than make this change but I feel they're balanced competitively to encourage play and I d…

• Why? 1: Most of the Conscript cards are a good deal no matter what you hit, like getting a 1 drop with +2/+2 means you are generally getting a 3/3 or better for 3, and perhaps even great cardtext. Maybe you are making a 5 drop for 4 resources, and how many 3 drops are bad when they have guaranteed flight? Even if only getting commons they would be efficiently costed. 2: Limited is balanced around rarities (1 out of 17 is rare etc) Often casting the conscript card is a die roll for the game (Much…

• Hey hey. So this is my attempt at giving a comprehensive overview of Scars of war Limited, Broken it down by Common/uncommon troops Removal and Tricks in separate videos (And assorted things not covered there) So several pretty long videos in the playlist, every video is time-coded in the description, several of them have links to imgur albums when relevant. Hope it's of use to some of you and thanks for watching! Right full playlist here youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_t4WOS1xEjTFZV5T0VaiSwefv0TPN…