Search Results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

• Friday Update

Yaldabaoth - - HEX News and Announcements

Oh! Since the Friday updates and Merry Melee have been indissociable, my brain assumed one being discontinued meant the other was as well. My bad!

• Friday Update

Yaldabaoth - - HEX News and Announcements

I'm not sure it is the way to go. The main issue with the rotation was that when a kinda boring mode would start, it'd stay for a whole week which is long. Removing all modes, including the good ones, is kinda counter-productive. Unless you manage to bring something to replace it fast, people who came only for Merry Melee won't be coming anymore. A different kind of rotation (two at a time, or even rotating more often) could have helped in the meantime, especially if something new is coming.

• As is, I don't think HEX is really user-friendly towards new players : I remember the tutorial being a bit obscure, and it takes dedication to actually get anywhere. I don't know how viable that would be, but implementing mini-packs for real money could be a good way to reach people who can't afford to put 20$ at once to buy a deck. What I call mini-packs is like they already have in the Steam DLCs section : a bundle with cards, currency, and a little something rare or exclusive. I honestly don'…

• Quote from LOVELAIN: “Because you won't be able to attract any kind of major audience if players have to spend tens or hundreds of dollars just to be able to play the game at a reasonable level. Even MTG Arena, which isn't particularly generous with its card acquisition system, allows people to get a decent deck for free or almost free. ” This used to be the case with HEX back in the day, where you would receive a free 10$-worth starting deck. I remember choosing the Shin'Hare deck and was quite…

• I probably would start selling cards if I didn't have to relist everything every two days. The problem with this suggestion is the auction part of it. Bidding on a card and waiting for two days is fine, waiting for a whole month might be a lot less interesting. There could be a system where if the bidding reaches a certain threshold, seller-fixed or maybe even the buyout price if one is set, then a 48h timer starts, at the end of which the highest bidder would get the card, much like it works no…

• Regarding the AH, one of the features I regretted the most was the ability to only show the least-expensive copy for each item. If you type any keyword looking for cards that would revolve around a theme or something, you'd get the exact number of different cards listed and not 400 pages of the same thing with prices incrementing by 1p. It wouldn't make the AH more attractive or bring more cards, but it sure would make it more user-friendly, and maybe push a competitive mind for placing the lowe…

• GAME sounds

Yaldabaoth - - Bugs and Tech Issues

I don't know how it works, but on PC if you reinstall the game you have to check 'Sound on zooming cards' or something like that. This allows the card's sound to play when you inspect it, be it on the board or in your hand. I always wonder why it doesn't work until I remember I have to check it after reinstalling. If it's a more general issue though, I'm afraid I don't know.