Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 92.

• Here's my most recent creation. This one is actually decent enough to share. It uses a lot of the same cards as Havoc's Infinoytle deck seen above (and is probably worse), but it plays out differently and is generally just a blast. Most of the cards in the deck function as removal, card draw, and/or general card advantage: - Removal - Morphology, Noble Outrider, Pod of Shoggoth, Engulfing Cataclyst - Card draw - Morphology, Scallath, Spectral Acorn (though I don't really count this one) - Card a…

• Now I'm onto several Sylvan Springs decks. They all have the problem of being fair decks that sadly struggle in the unfair Arena. I still love them, but it's rough not playing a tier one deck.

• I might build that. Parallel Realities should be fun with Pod of Shoggoth.

• Quote from Obsidian: “Kelvyn, you can do a decent (if terribly boring) FRA deck with 1x Replicator's Gambit, 1x War Machinist, and all the rest ices and blue/red shards. 550 plat isn't bad for a deck that can clear FRA, if not perfect it every time. ” There are at least 1-2 decks that this auto-loses to, sadly, but the deck is good for the price.

• I hope they bring back the old ones. I've generally liked each variant less than the one before.

• Quote from AxelDWater: “Quote from Griffinheart: “I built a new Succumb to Madness deck that dumps Robogoyles (lubed up with Robo-oil) into the crypt, tosses them back into the deck with Replicator's Gambit, and fetches them all back with another Succumb. Definitely not the fastest (probably is medium in speed), but it's consistent and fun. ” Nice one! Robogoyle Madness! Sounds fun. Definetely gonna give it a try! Currently I am tweaking something with Succumb, Mordrom's Gift with damage=equal t…

• I built a new Succumb to Madness deck that dumps Robogoyles (lubed up with Robo-oil) into the crypt, tosses them back into the deck with Replicator's Gambit, and fetches them all back with another Succumb. Definitely not the fastest (probably is medium in speed), but it's consistent and fun.

• What deck you using for FRA

Griffinheart - - HEX Discussions

I run a Succumb to Madness reanimation deck that's lightly modified from a form someone smarter developed. It consistently kills on turn 3, though sometimes waiting another turn is necessary to work out the thresholds. It is a great deck with the downside of being pretty expensive.

• Quote from SlimHeavens: “I can say 1000% certain - that for the first 5 hours after I logged on yesterday I was SALTY. I mean I held off on DW momentum.. then the ban/watch list showed pathfinders.. so I held off again.. then finally I broke down on Monday May 12th. Bought 3 goldfathers for 1650p per, as I and many I talk to believed the price was pretty much stable at this point. I truly do hope these decks allow new players to jump right into constructed and play it on the cheap. I really wish…

• I have nothing new to add that hasn't already been said, but I'll echo the sentiment that communication was poor about these decks. Perhaps the game will be better for them existing, but I will be far more hesitant to purchase any cards in the future.

• Quote from Firellius: “Quote from Malakhar: “How would you prefer to see Siege designed? ” GoW's PvP works like this... Players set up a defense team. Then they get the choice of three opponents, arranged in terms of difficulty. Higher difficulty = greater rewards and faster ladder climbing. Battles are simply 1-shots, player versus the AI-controlled version of the defense team they chose to challenge. Since the player is smarter than the AI and always gets the first move, it's relatively easy t…

• Quote from GobBluth: “Prison of the Mind was a mistake to print. It nullifies all of the board development and interaction in a game into nothing. Otherwise interesting and back and forth games are over once that card is played. There is no way to play around it other than verdict. Not a fun or interesting card. ” prison of the mind is best versus slow decks or against stalled out boards. Try lowering your curve and playing more aggressively to limit Prison's impact.

• I don't think I've seen anything since I signed up to be notified. They must know I'm digitally unattractive.

• I've joked about having a colosseum where two players could pit AI-piloted decks against each other. Other players could observe the fight and place bets with a percentage of the pot being split between the owners of the gladiator decks. I would enjoy that more than the current siege setup.

• Naive question as I've never used the program: do people use Discord for text-based chatting? I always thought it was mostly for voice chats. I wouldn't personally take part in a Hex voice chat option, but I'd be happy to see improvements in the chat interface for those who would use it.

• Quote from Eraia: “3) Shard screw/flood decides WAY too many games. So many games end up being simply not enjoyable. ” I find that two things contribute to this: 1) People (including me) don't value fixing as much as they should. Having several on-shard Roots really increases the consistency of your decks. Plus, since you never play every drafted card, taking useful shards lets you play more of the cards you drafted, which typically raises the quality of your deck. 2) People should be less afrai…

• Quote from AnomalyCobra: “Quote from AceBladewing: “Lazy attempt. 2/10. ” i wouldn't have had to do it if someone else did, but in person my April fools jokes are very elaborate and mean lol ” I quite agree. I think you struck a good balance. See you next year when you post this again due to us still not having raids.

• Quote from Vroengard: “Low effort. I suggest you follow @KingGabriel 's example next year ” His had too high of an effort-to-payoff ratio. Fell flat for me.

• Brewed Ambrosia

Quote from Vroengard: “Quote from Griffinheart: “I'm not sure whether new or old cards should drop more from the Arena ” Instead ask yourself: How long did players have to get everything from FRA? Almost a year since the last update? And how long before that? I don't even have everything yet, but I think they should've scrapped old rewards. Let players get them from the AH. Quote from Bootlace: “Disagree, chase items (and encounters) are good for the PvE game. Gives you something to look forward…

• Brewed Ambrosia

I'm not sure whether new or old cards should drop more from the Arena, but the most recent update did mention that the drop rates for the old cards was increased to make them easier to collect.