Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 66.

• Quote from Opalia: “So AH prices are still so low that there are no profit to be made just by opening boosters. ” Actually set 6 boosters should fetch a theoretical profit -- hexprice.com says the current list price is 163 plat, vs 197 plat average content price. Regardless, it's pretty rare for any card game to have the average price of the contents of a pack exceed the average price of a pack past the first week or two of a set's release. When that happens, people buy more packs and the increa…

• Looking for a PVE product to buy

Zurai - - HEX Discussions

Quote from Eraia: “I'm aware that that's what he's saying. The problem is that he's taking my words out of context to imply that I said that that was what had happened, when from the start I had been clear, he just chose to ignore what I actually said. ” So in other words, you lied. I asked, very specifically, which MMOs sold content piecemeal, since that was your original assertion. You responded with, "they all do". I asked for more clarification, you started talking about expansion packs -- l…

• Quote from Eraia: “Quote from Zurai: “[citation needed] ” Nearly every MMO expansion in EVERY MMO ever has had content that you couldn't access unless you purchased that expansion. That is just 100% pure fact. But since you seem unwilling to do any research yourself, I'll give you some examples. You couldn't go to Outland or access any Outland raids or dungeons without buying TBC. You couldn't go to Ishgard or access any of the Ishgard raids or dungeons unless you bought Heavensward. You couldn'…

• Quote from Eraia: “Quote from Zurai: “It does? Care to cite an example of a major MMO selling access to major multiplayer features piecemeal? WoW certainly doesn't, nor FF14, nor EVE. ” Not usually features, but content definitely. ” [citation needed]

• Deathcry Grinder

Zurai - - Strategies and Decklists

Here's a deck I've been grinding the constructed ladder with and I think has real potential if someone wants to take time and clean up the rough edges. It isn't undefeated, but it's only gone 0-2 once so far over a couple dozen matches (against a Verdict deck where I drew the wrong half of my answers in both games), and it feels like it has game against pretty much every deck I've faced so far with favorable matchups against almost anything aggressive or grindy. I would normally keep a deck I fe…

• Quote from Eraia: “Quote from Vroengard: “Hex finally introduces co-op. Each of your friends need to buy the "Raid dungeon" independently in order to play together. Let's avoid that, shall we? ” It works for MMOs... why wouldn't it work for Hex? ” It does? Care to cite an example of a major MMO selling access to major multiplayer features piecemeal? WoW certainly doesn't, nor FF14, nor EVE.

• Quote from Olfff: “Slow but very impressive. A bit like fallen singularity or journey into nightmare kind of card, but it can go in more diverse decks. Control will love it but even more aggressive shells could like a 1 of maybe ? I don't know what i'm talking about but I feel this is strong. And kinda going in every single EDH deck if there is some day edh. ” I view it as more like a more generalist Oberon's Eulogy. It's a 5 drop which won't win you the game right when you cast it, but if it's …

• The Drops of Winter

Zurai - - HEX News and Announcements

Quote from cyberutopia: “I don't see why it wouldn't be used in dreadling decks. I mean, in comparison with wild shards, you are just paying 1 charge to get a 2 cost troop. ” 1 charge to transform a Dreadling into a random 2 drop artifact troop from sets 5-8, specifically. That means Zip Zapper, Orbiculon, Fiend of Nulzann, Emsee, Dread Transport, Chimera Bot, or Barrier Bot, plus whatever set 8 might have. None of those are very exciting or useful to a Dreadling deck except maybe the Dread Tran…

• The Drops of Winter

Quote from schild: “Quote from Zurai: “or maaaaaaaaaaaybe Dreadlings decks. ” i like how far this reaches ” Personally I can't see ever playing the wild Drop resource (giving up a charge and paying a resource to change one of my hand-picked troops into a random one is not on my list of good trades), but I can sort of vaguely see it being used in some sort of Dreadling deck to "upgrade" surviving 'lings after they attack. I'm skeptical, but stranger things have happened.

• Yep, I'm gonna join my voice to the chorus. I've been subscribed to VIP from the start but it just isn't giving me enough value for my money. I primarily play PvE and dabble in PvP; I'm good enough to have Top 8'd a 5 Shards Cup and placed highly in a few others in the same the same season, but I'm not dedicated enough to grind Cosmic every season or to playtest endlessly for the major money tournaments. While getting essentially discounted packs is nice, the VIP Tournament tickets are worthless…

• The Drops of Winter

If they aren't supposed to be worth a card, then why are some of them worth a card? Drop of Ichor is essentially just Bug Out and is similar in many ways to First Rites. Drop of Chaos is a cheaper but weaker Lunacy. Drop of Whimsy is a cheaper but weaker Parallel Evolution. The problem isn't the power level, it's that two of them are useful in basically any deck of those shards while the other three are very restrictive in use. The Blood and Diamond Drops generate troops at even the most basic l…

• Quote from Pandaemonium: “I am very happy we are seeing cards that are not escalating in power level. I think in the long run it is very good for the game. ” Unfortunately it isn't, for PvE. In PvP, you can print (as an example) Massacre as an Extinction replacement and it works because Extinction doesn't exist for Standard now; it's Massacre or something more expensive. For PvE, there's no rotation, so if they don't gradually increase power levels, or do the same things in new ways, all that ha…

• Quote from NicoSharp: “The point is, we were more so paying for the experience to dine at the restaurant before anyone else, not so much what we chose to order on the menu. ” You're taking an awful lot of responsibility upon yourself, speaking for all Kickstarter backers like that. I certainly don't recall electing you as our spokesperson. As for being hard to take people seriously when they complain about not getting what they were promised they'd get almost five years ago, that's about the mos…

• Quote from NicoSharp: “To KS complainers: More than adequate value has been provided for every tier. ” Yes, possibly, in the sense that ordering a pizza and being given one of those 10 foot party subs instead is "more than adequate value". It consists of most of the same ingredients as what you ordered, but it's prepared and arranged differently and more importantly is not what you ordered. Raid Leaders and Guild Masters have every reason to be upset.

• RNG Discussion Thread

Zurai - - HEX Discussions

Quote from Neverness: “And because of this high variance, it will not be in any competitive decks, and hence not in any tournaments that may be shown as part of an e-sport event. ” The only tournament which Hex has ever had which comes anywhere close to an e-sport event had a Limited phase (and this is very, very common in Magic as well), so no, in fact, you are quite incorrect.

• Quote from VicMan: “magic.wizards.com/en/articles/…ilosophy-combo-2017-08-04 You can see the date : 04/08/2017 And Hex has (I think) the same philosophy than Magic now not when it was created ... ” Melissa DeTora is not the creator of MTG. Richard Garfield is. Find me an article where he has any opinion of what combo should be able to do vs what aggro should be able to do, if you care to support your argument.

• Quote from VicMan: “Your statement is false from the point of view of creator and designer of TCG.I just read an article from MTG when they say combo should not be able to race aggro. So winning turn 6 or 7 is good already. ” Richard Garfield had no concept of Combo, Control, Aggro, or Midrange when he made Magic: the Gathering. He made it as a friendly game to be played over the dinner table, not a game to be tightly regulated and controlled with specific strategies being designed into each set…

• Quote from TheBlackCrypt: “And the other half of games you haven't won you win by dropping Spiraling End...it's not too slow and it's extremely effective and wins games all by itself. Please post the deck that wins by turn 3 that does so with milling and/or spiders, I've heard about it but yet to see it posted. ” The other half of games are already well on the road to winning (dominant board position, etc) or have lost/are going to lose (playing against an elite with a board full of 5/5s and hav…

• Quote from Perandus: “And permanent modifiers don't always persist through transformations, because when a card transforms into another card type, (i.e. troop into constant), it automatically reverts. ” This is not true to any degree. Cards only revert if an effect explicitly tells them to revert -- which, again, Transmogrifade (one of very few effects which can change a troop to a constant) does -- and they otherwise retain all permanent changes. For example, take Martyred Saint. If you were to…

• Spiralling End is too slow. Half the games I play with Terrormill I've already won by turn 3 with a blood + sapphire threshold (either literally or figuratively, ie by having several terrorantulas in play against an enemy with limited board wiping capabilities). And yes, I fully expect Spirit of Retribution to add a threshold requirement to its equipment, but frankly that doesn't actually matter to Terrormill. It has about the same win rate with or without them.