Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 113.

• I've decided to do my part to help put a loved one to rest. With missing payouts, unfixed bugs, draft packs missing cards and continued radio silence, I declare Hex dead. So, I want to know what the most efficient way to drain HexEnt's finances would be. Should I leave the game on all day? Mindlessly add and delete auction house listings? The quicker Hex shutters at this point, the better it will be for everyone. We can move on and grieve rather than rage with frustrated hope in our hearts. What…

• PvE Dead?

Darklight - - HEX Discussions

I can agree with the Siege part. Giving imperfect AI the pilot seat for literally any possible deck is probably too much for it. But a carefully constructed raid deck that has a set number of cards in it can be more or less pre-programmed. HexEnt should be able to predict what will be more or less meta against the boss and 'train' it to effectively counter. And if something breaks that predicted meta, well that's half the fun of PvE: finding the unexpected solution. Programming the AI is somethi…

• PvE Dead?

Quote from TheBlackCrypt: “They made the conscious choice not to because they realized fairly early on that they cannot make a decent AI...it's that simple. The only way they can offer AI 'challenge' is by giving the AI starts in play BS/OP cards and we all know how fun that is. The AI cannot even defend itself against 1 human opponent even with it's stupid bonuses most of the time, imagine how quickly it's going down against 3 in a raid setting. The game has been engineered as a PVP game which …

• PvE Dead?

Well in this game, Sleeves and Battle boards are 'skins'. They could also sell alternate character portraits in PvE. So saying it's hard to sell skins when the chase items for many events are skins, seems a bit unconvincing. I'd even pay Plat for 'Challenge books' for each race or class. Imagine PvE goals based around decided design and play. 'Complete 30 fights where the majority of your deck is Artifacts' for Dwarves, as an example. When the books are complete you unlock an enhanced racial or …

• I’ve said before, if HexEnt starting talking to us, I’d start spending again. So, just bought $20 in Platinum. I know it’s a drop in a bucket, but hopefully Cory started something today. Keep talking to us. Most of us want to see you succeed.

• Got a playset of Replipopper from EVO and drafting. Anyone know any decent mechanics or decks that they work well with?

• A point of view

Darklight - - Feedback and Suggestions

Shandalar. You may have backed for MtG 2.0, I backed for Shandalar 2.0. You must be one of those 'Single player games are dying' people if you think PvE games are just "beating up a really dumb half human".

• A point of view

Darklight - - Feedback and Suggestions

"This... it is arguably that we stayed relatively silent and calm for far too long. " This would have required clairvoyance on our part. The biggest issue currently is the lack of communication over that 'silent and calm' period. For example; Everytime myself and others raised the 'what about PvE?' questions Dino and Hex would respond with 'wait and it'll come. Believe me.' And we did because Hex was cashing in on the trust it had built up with it's customers. They burned through that trust, whi…

• Selling Collection

Darklight - - Auction House and Trading

Want to see if an offer on my collection overwhelms my diminishing desire to keep playing. PM or post offers and I'll see if greed overcomes nostalgia. hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/cards/collection=28618

• Questmas 2018

Darklight - - HEX News and Announcements

They’re stalling for the next ‘shiny’ thing to distract us all. I bet they’ll be an info dump about the new set soon. Everyone saying ‘cool’ will drown out the ‘what about PvE/roadmap’ people. Then we’ll have a month or two of silence to stew in before Dino and Cory poke their heads out to tell us they are ‘still preparing detailed responses’.

• Cory Watch

It’s now the end of a second business day since Dinotropia claimed Cory would talk with Hex Customers about several recent issues, asking us to be patient for just a little longer. It’s been about a day since the thread requesting answers about Hex’s inappropriate conduct towards it’s artists was deleted; with a promise that dialogue would soon be reopened. It’s been about 8 hours since my thread asking why Dinotropia lied about Cory’s response time was deleted for ‘being inappropriate’. So I wa…

• Quote from Vroengard: “Hex introduced untradeable cards in the latest update. What's your take on that? I don't share Greg's hate for CCGs, but you being condescending when there really is introduction of untradeable cards, the first ever for Hex, is worse, in my eyes. ” Not to be pedantic, but this is demonstrably false. There have been acount-bound cards for almost the life of the game. Those 200+ given on account creation are bound. Unless I've gone made and started hallucinating explaining t…

• Quote from Vroengard: “Wells will become Standard illegal with Set 10. ” Does anyone really think that they won't reprint Wells in Set 10/11? Or, more cynically/scummily, print the exact same effect with a different name as new chase rares?

• I dunno, Jim's big issue seems to be the obfuscation of loot boxes in 'Triple Ayee' games. He seems to dislike companies asking for $60 and then nickel and dime-ing players for more money. Hex doesn't cut content to create DLC, in fact each Set release feels more like old fashioned Expansions; pay for a bunch of newly made content. The Auction House, broken as it may be, still let's players buy whatever parts of the game they want. So you can skip the 'loot box' packs all together if you want sp…

• Quote from Angmar: “Its not hard to netdeck and copy the cards people actually play. ” That's the second step, after purchasing the deck. If these decks were perfect, their buyers would never need to interact with the secondary market, nor buy packs.

• Adventure Zone 3?

I'm disappointed that there isn't some sort of 'halfway' spot between where we are now and Raids. There has to be something. I've suggesting in the past a node on the AZ map where a recurring fight happens (zombies overrunning the guards in AZ 1 or the Orcs VS Vennen in AZ 2). PvE players complete the fight and a scoreboard keeps track of damage done, or zombies killed or Orc civilians rescued, etc.. At the end of the week/event/season the whole community is given rewards based off of the event.…

• Quote from Pandaemonium: “Look at the game greg, this game cant get people playing. The bash is I guess what you are talking about after ladder. The bash is a FAILURE and only get like 70 people. The game is becoming a no lifer game where you have to commit stupid amounts of time. It is also heavily gambilized which turns off people. ” If only there was some way to draw more casual players in. Maybe people who like card games, but don't like that cut-throat competitive feel. Maybe that crowd doe…

• How about something like: Cosmic Coins can be traded in at the Chark Mart for 20 coins for the most recent Set Pack (arbitrary number; could be whatever takes a decent grind). You are allowed a maximum of 10 trade in on an account, per season. HOWEVER, the coins are tradeable. Meaning it gives players something to sell (~10plat a win). Small payout, like running a dungeon and dependent on buyers. This would also allow you to stockpile for the next season. Able to make Cosmic one month but know y…

• When there is another set or two out. Banning a card from the current set might lower sales of those packs.* *Feeling cynical today.

• Rowdy/Ramp Issues

Darklight - - Strategies and Decklists

"So that cuts it down to just mirror match, DW momentum, or aggro? Maybe a Sx control, if youre lucky enough to have good counterspells and resources to stop it for a single turn." I mean, you just gave four answers to beat the Rowdy Deck. Just because the 'slower' control type decks are the 'Rock' to Rowdy's 'Paper' doesn't make Rowdy overpowered. There are plenty of 'Scissor' decks out there. What you seem to be looking for is a Control deck that can beat any archetype. THAT would be an overpo…