Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 103.

• Quote from Raptos: “So it's back to CTRL C, CTRL V? After you made that song and dance about being sorry for not engaging the community, you decide not to share any news concerning new content of any kind? Why exactly do you expect us to regain faith in you exactly? ” Sharing news concerning new content world mean they would have to be working on new content. Which they are not. Not in any meaningful way anyway.

• Frost Rant and Hex2

Erukk - - HEX Discussions

Quote from Firellius: “With all the factions being put down, and with such a spiral of negative events lasting this long, it makes it hard to get attached to anything in the lore. Some things dying/changing, sure. ALL things dying/changing? Not so much ” To be fair, the Blightbark are probably one of the only factions that could survive after all this. Coming back from death is their whole shtick after all. Lord Blightbark said he would turn himself into a lich right before death, Lady Blightbar…

• Quote from Plotynus: “This is what remains of Hex Staff? Difficult to launch a new game, even improve this one, with such a short staff (and most of them are non-devs). ” Unless Cory can pull more rabbits out of his hat, it was always more than likely that Hex was going to stay and remain dead. I more than want Hex to live and grow again, but after so so long, i really can't think bring myself up to being optimistic. Hope for the best, but always prepare for the worst.

• Frost Rant and Hex2

The only groups i really cared for from the last batch of sets were the Blightbark and Void guys, but i could nick pick on the Void guys as well. Their whole modus operandi are corrupters and schemers. They should have never been so openly involved in the tournament like they were. It would have made much more sense for them to either install a puppet faction (Lixil's Necrotic faction) they could move through or just manipulate the whole conflict from behind the curtain. All the other factions w…

• Is tcg browser down for good?

The "issues" it had beforehand were server fees to keep the site active. The only way it would come back now is if you contact the owner and donate the money yourself. Because they were having to pay out of pocket to maintain a site that supported a dying game for quite awhile.

• HEX: The now and the future

Quote from OzawaWanderer: “Yes but in Hex's defense any card game can say tap or use it's mechanics Wizard was too high and mighty to think anyone could copy them and when a game did they sued and lost cuz they failed to care to renew their patant on the mechanic and now legally speaking anyone can use it and Wizard is out of luck about it. ” If it was just tap, wotc probably wouldn't have cared, but there were a slew of other cards that were basically copied and mechanics that were the problem.…

• HEX: The now and the future

Quote from OzawaWanderer: “2: Will Wizard sue again for breach of settlement..? I mean they sued cuz Hex got too popular but Hex while settling out of court did manage to keep the Magic The Gathering inspired (and cooler) mechanics but I'm mildly worried Hex 2 will be forced to create an entire new tcg system... ” Quote from OzawaWanderer: “Wizard of Cost is kind of a mixed situation in an odd way it's a bit of a shock that WoTC of all things would CARE to sue somebody so in a way Hex kinda has …

• Quote from Morshadoom: “And to all the hater guys here on this forum: Please do me a favor and stay away (forever), in game and here in forum. We don't need you, HEX does not need you. Thanks. Greetings, Morshadoom ” You do realize that those "haters" were Hex's biggest buyers and supporters, spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars, right? It's a good thing that Hex still has their attention, even if it's negative attention at the moment, because that means there is still at least a small …

• Quote from Pandaemonium: “Anyone hoping for followup about hex 2.0 anytime soon should really decrease their expectations. I hope I am wrong but if there is a true hex 2.0 with a different monetization method, than I dont think we will be hearing anything for another 14 months. Dont get me wrong I will reinstall and play a few games again. ” I'd imagine it would depend on how much stuff, if anything, they could salvage from the original, and what exactly Cory has been doing the late year or so i…

• Quote from DraXor: “if this is a case, that code is 'terrible' to keep it, ok i understand, but in same moment this mean they have to build core of a game from 0 probably, which means they need to spend a lot of time and spend a lot of cash on a dream/game untill it gets some cash from player, which also can kill a project i dont want to be negative, i really would like to see this pve oriented game, but building it from 0 means a lot of problems also ” No fault in being negative at least on thi…

• Quote from DraXor: “Veterans are regrouping? Is hex 2 really must have? Why not continue current version? ” As others have said, a lot of it has to deal with the code the whole game is built on, and a good metaphor would probably be building a castle on sand. You could make it work for awhile, but once you start adding more and more additions onto it the whole thing could shift and sink and everything starts coming apart. At a certain point it's just better in the long run to start anew on a pro…

• I know Dinobot is an ongoing joke, but i seriously wouldnt be surprised if hex is just using his account to post stuff and he already left long ago.

• Quote from AceBladewing: “Wizards, just make a Shandalar Online! You will take in the money! ” Wizards is making an MTG mmo, but it's being developed by Cyptic Studios though. Take that however you will.

• Quote from Cernz: “Set 10 + tablet (mobile client) could change something, but tablet.... ” The game would have to be optimized to hell and back before it could go anywhere near a tablet. It's a resource hog as it is on a desktop.

• Never played or really looked into No Man's Sky, but how big of a team did they have to develop it before and after launch and Next? I'm saying this because Hex's big problem seems to be simply money management. NMS had a bad core game (so i've heard repeatedly), but if they had a good enough team behind it, and the cash to actually pay them reasonably, they could fix it. Hex has good bones, but they don't have the money to actually pay anyone to fix anything it seems. What we're left with is a …

• Quote from Goliathus: “Quote from Needle: “So after another 6 months break, anything new here or announced on the PVE horizon? ” PVE (and PVP): Nothing is coming out ever. ” FTFY

• So... Anyone want to take any guessing on when we'll be rounding the corner to the "Burn the house down to collect the insurance money" stage of development? Because at this point, with them actively driving away the player base, i can see a "mysterious and spontaneous" fire breaking out in Hex HQ soon.

• Quote from Firellius: “I think it was Artistgate that did the trick. Not just the fact that it gave us a glimpse of how dire their financial situation really is, but also, more importantly, their management's style of dealing with problems. Which is to say, plug your fingers in your ears and pretend everything is fine. Cory openly declared his hostility towards the playerbase in the Friday update that followed, and ever since, the forums have been dying at a very fast pace. ” I forgot when Artis…

• Quote from eddatog: “I'm just gonna leave this here ” I think i'll leave my own... The ending no one would have expected, and will probably get deleted soon anyway...forums.hextcg.com/index.php?at…8a441a3e6c64060b114f49c58

• Flame on is right. I guess Hex is like the Fantastic Four movies now. So much potential squandered, and we get a steaming pile of Fan4stic to deal with. Let us all hope that Hex also gets bought out by a ruthless conglomerate bent on making money, because that's probably the only way we're going to get content now.