Search Results

Search results 1-14 of 14.

• Newbie advice

Draknos - - New Player Help

There is no reason to believe that the servers will close or that new content will be released for the foreseeable future. I expect Hex to coast on in its current condition for years, barring significant unexpected events. If you're having fun and want to spend $20, go for it. Considering that you are interested in orcs and elves, I would advise against buying packs. However, I would advise looking at the cards in Herofall and Scars of War. Specifically, you will find both elves and orcs that ut…

• I maintain long-term cautious optimism for something big happening in several years, but I doubt that anything small will happen sooner. I'm not confident enough to actually expect a HEX2 launch in a reasonable timeframe, but hope doesn't cost anything (no Kickstarter to get invested in this time). If it doesn't happen, then nothing changes, and even though it has stagnated, I still think HEX is fun to play. I am not surprised that there has not been any more communication, nor do I anticipate a…

• I think that making multiple threads about what is essentially the same topic could be considered problematic. The first thread was fine. You made your request, Cory responded and prompted additional discussion, and other people presented their ideas too. The second thread was redundant. You picked out some points from the first thread that you wanted to highlight and branched off from it, splitting the conversation. More people (including myself) posted in the first thread since then, and maybe…

• On the topic of battleboards, I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, if there is a single "tournament winner" battleboard, then it makes sense for that battleboard to only be available from tournaments, but it becomes less prestigious as time goes on and more people win tournaments. Also, for people who already have it, winning that tournament again essentially gives them less rewards. Some kind of evolving battleboard that becomes more impressive with each such victory would be interesting tho…

• Quote from HEXCoryJones: “Hello! I would like nothing more than to have the AH feel fun again, sadly I think that is really a byproduct of the number of people playing the game, much like a chat room with no one in it... if you have a suggestion I am happy to consider it! my only idea is we have someone on the team put up cool stuff a once a day at a low price so you can bargain hunt them... ” Well, if this is the place to make Auction House suggestions, I have a lot that I'd like added. (apolog…

• Quote from Plotynus: “Indirect communication as it is, but: - HEXPrincessCory - HEXBen - HEXSquiddy - HEXMattHyra - DasEvil - Dinotropia - KingGabriel This is what remains of Hex Staff? Difficult to launch a new game, even improve this one, with such a short staff (and most of them are non-devs). ” "Members of the team" doesn't necessarily mean "the entire team" (and the update last week only specified "some of the dev team"). There are at least that many people on staff, probably more, but I do…

• Quote from OzawaWanderer: “So it's nice to see some live around here. But can we get some clues about what this hex 2 is? ” I'm going to go out on a limb and assume no, we cannot. At the moment, Hex2 is nothing. Consider this quote: Quote from Cory: “Even if we have to change the core gaming system, we will transmute your collection into its equivalent in HEX 2. ” This means that it is currently unknown whether the core gaming system will remain the same or not. Of course, it would be possible f…

• Monday Night Gaming!

Draknos - - HEX Discussions

This is Monday night west-coast time, I'm assuming? (Meaning, very late to midnight east-coast time?) That would explain how I missed it. Still, I got a good draft run of my own in when I played earlier. No wins, but 2 legendaries and 7 rares in a set I never got around to playing before, so I can't complain. Ultimately, going to sleep at a reasonable hour is more important than playing Hex for me. I'd like to see different hours for this activity from week to week, or perhaps staggering the tim…

• Frost Rant and Hex2

Quote from OzawaWanderer: “So now then you wanna revive Hex? I support that. You wanna reset the lore? I can live with that perfectly understandable. What I can't accept without constant grumblings is the implication Doombringer and Dead of Winter is suggesting. That each of the five factions are evolving or are totally destroyed. ” Quote from OzawaWanderer: “In my personal opinion you guys should officially mark these five factions. ” Quote from OzawaWanderer: “I support you guys wanting to bri…

• Quote from Obsidian: “Quote from Draknos: “Quote from OzawaWanderer: “I believe the best thing to be done is to give some form of communication that's consistent. There are a lot of us who are mildly intrigued by the notion of Hex coming back but we all have reservations in general. We can't really support a game the ceo promised to revive if all we get is "we're working on 2.0" if the team that's left and Cory actually decide to talk to us I think it'll help. ” Conversely, I would actually argu…

• Quote from OzawaWanderer: “I believe the best thing to be done is to give some form of communication that's consistent. There are a lot of us who are mildly intrigued by the notion of Hex coming back but we all have reservations in general. We can't really support a game the ceo promised to revive if all we get is "we're working on 2.0" if the team that's left and Cory actually decide to talk to us I think it'll help. ” Conversely, I would actually argue (at least until they have something concr…

• This should be obvious, but insults and insinuations against other people posting in the forums is unproductive. Claims that people are deluded with positivity or pessimistic with negativity contribute nothing to the conversation, and could in fact contribute to a "toxic" culture that may turn away people in the future. I'm not a mod, but please try to keep this thread focused on the contents of the Friday Update. There is nothing wrong with being optimistic and hoping for Hex to become popular,…

• The Lore Hound's Letter

There are some things that I would like to add. 1) Depression is a serious topic. I do not know the extent that Cory has suffered, or whether any clinical diagnosis can be ascribed to it, but I sympathize. The faltering of Hex's profitability, activity, and reputation over the last few years must have been incredibly distressing on its own. Couple that with any predisposition for being depressed, and the resulting darkness must have been a struggle to endure, with or without therapy. Things coul…

• I would just like to add my own voice to the group of people expressing hope and cautious long-term optimism. I hadn't thought about Hex in a very long time until now. In fact, it is by pure coincidence that I saw this open letter at all. (I had just joined a Discord server for a different game, noticed that I was still part of a Discord server with my Hex "guild", on a whim decided to look in there, and saw a link to the update.) I was with Hex from the Kickstarter while I was in college and pl…