Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 40.

• Quote from Coyote: “Was not able to catch the livestreams - was there any inside info/more info during the streams? ” Livestreams?

• Except for the fact that it wasn't. The insistance that a word must simultaneously mean and embody everything it can mean in any given language or root is frankly, laughable. The game is called Hex. It's about magic. This isn't rocket science.

• Quote from prinsallan: “480 people for a worldwide game is nothing. Besides, I offered my services many years ago and I asked for a salary of 2000$, as a card-designer, creative developer and with 15 years as a photohopper/photographer in my resume. I spent 50 hours on my job-application and all I got was a "no".facebook.com/jonas.astrand.7/m….10205262753783779&type=3 ” Eeeeeh? Your cards have tons of flat dead space, text that's difficult to read, icons that are all over the place...they're pre…

• Quote from Bootlace: “Also why is making the most competitive Siege deck considered a 'troll build', that essentially means the mode is poorly designed if a person trying to maximize their chances in a competitive mode is labeled a troll and blacklisted on forums for doing what they're suppose to do. ” Welcome to PvP. If there's one thing that holds true across all PvP games everywhere, it's that PvPers absolutely loathe anything that works for any reason and want everyone and everything nerfed …

• It's almost like other games have email newsletters to let you know when events and such are going on...or even in-game popups. Weird.

• Quote from Vroengard: “Hex already has small playerbase, noone's contesting that. Add to that that only a few actually follow forums and reddit, as in any game really. Add to that they could have done a better job communicating that there was gonna be a dev stream about the new mode. Add to that that part of the playerbase are on PS4 and almost playing in their own little island, not knowing wtf is going on. ” Solely because people keep doing it and it's driving me nuts..."noone" is not a word. …

• Quote from Funktion: “I think this might have been answered, but I've seen it repeatedly asked. Of note I've seen people asking why attackers can only use standard PVP cards as if that being the case is some conspiracy to FORCE people to buy packs / singles. First off, nobody is being forced to do anything... ” You are if you want to play as an attacker. The attacker must use a Standard legal deck. Only cards from the most recent sets are Standard legal. To say no one is being forced to do anyth…

• Quote from Blackwood: “*a whole heck of a lot of stuff* ” Look, I don't disagree with your intent or your basis, I just think it's irrelevant. Yes, they (most likely) WANT to continue to develop PvE, the campaign, all that. Yes, they had setbacks. Yes, they underestimated how difficult it'd be. However, all of that is utterly irrelevant. Saying they WANT to continue to deliver it, is utterly immaterial to whether or not they actually have. As I've said repeatedly and I'll say again, I'm keeping …

• Quote from Transience: “Quote from Foxhold: “They also said PvE was going to be more than 2 AZs, and they didn't do that. They said there was going to be six classes, and they didn't do that. They said there would be raids, and they didn't do that. They said there would be cooperative dungeons, and they didn't do that. Etc etc etc. As I've said elsewhere, if your game has been active for three and a half years and you've fulfilled less than half of what you said you wanted to do, then you simply…

• Quote from Blackwood: “It was already said that the goal is to move to full arsenal defender + PVE w/ banlist attacker and that this is a testing period, trying to see how the AI hangs with power disparity first. Additionally, this facilitates PS4 players being at least able to attack on release without having to wait, and Hex has repeatedly indicated that the intent is to bring PVE to PS4 as well (look at every time it comes up--it's all initially, for now, etc.--and the messaging on Twitter et…

• Or it's because doing so forces the player to keep buying cards from the latest set if they want to keep playing Siege. You know, whichever. In and of itself that's fine, I don't actually have a problem with that per se, but there's no reason not to be honest about it.

• Quote from Sukebe: “New pve content is announced and what happens? most of the players in this thread just complain about it before they even play it I definitely feel bad for hex. maybe this thread should be changed to "stone me if you want, but adventure zones?" That said, I find myself liking vroengards posts since this announcement so it is a nice change of pace ” It's telling that you're making no effort whatsoever to actually address the arguments raised, however. That this is just PvP wit…

• Quote from Firellius: “Unless part of the bounty is paid out by the game, rather than the player, this gamemode is built on a 'majority lose' rule. You get 20% of the bounty you set back whenever a player challenges your keep. This means that four out of five players that challenge you, need to lose, or else you lose. Even with the increasing hoard value, you'd need more than half of the players that challenge your keep to lose or you're getting a money drain. This is going to be min-maxing hell…

• Quote from Wolzarg: “I have to agree 1000 gold is literally nothing sure they could have made free an option but 1000 gold is basically free. ” "literally nothing" and "basically free" are mutually exclusive, though.

• Quote from ShatteredGlass: “ I find little difference between the staff building decks for the AI for a specific purpose, to entertain the person playing against it, and players building decks for the AI for the same purpose because, well that thing I just said. The real goal of the defender will be to get people to play against his gauntlet, and making the most challenging decks will to appeal to the section of the audience looking for the most challenging PVE content possible(a section that is…

• Quote from VicMan: “ANd that is your iponion and taste. I love the fact that we change environment and see other place of Enthrat. ” Which I have made no secret of. As I've said from the beginning, this is entirely my personal opinion, and I bear no ill will towards anyone that disagrees. Friendly differences of opinion make for interesting conversation, as evidenced by just a bit earlier in this thread where people were complaining the thread was just a bunch of people sitting around agreeing w…

• Quote from Sukebe: “You don't have to buy full sets...there are some cheap but powerful decks that will likely do very well. we will have to see how this goes of course but I would bet that budget decks that are played well will have a fair chance of beating most decks played by the AI. ” Okay, to be fair I did say sets, but I had thought it clear I meant buy cards from the current sets, as opposed to having the entire thing. However, it's worth pointing out that those decks that the AI is playi…

• Quote from VicMan: “That false you don't have to buy latest set. ” Forgot to address this up front but an attacker is required to use a Standard legal deck. So I said setS, not set, but yes, you are required to buy the latest cards to play this mode as an attacker.

• Quote from VicMan: “2 What player in this thread ask in majority ” There's like ten people actively posting in this thread at the moment. We don't matter. As far as the discussion on Season Pass or Kickstarter or whatever goes, there's a key difference. Typically "Season Pass" is associated with new AAA titles, and asks you to further invest in a product no one has ever played, and frequently come with immediate unlocks of content, which means the content is already in the game and just locked a…

• Quote from Vroengard: “Quote from Foxhold: “I'm saying thematically this is suspect. It seems silly to defend keeps that don't exist is all, there would seem to me at least to be a logical progression to how such things should be implemented. ” So, what you're saying is, we ought to have Strongholds, inside of which there are keeps and all your account's Gold and Platinum is there as well. And if it's there, because you have an account and a Stronghold, it can always be attacked because you can'…