Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 30.

• HEX: The now and the future

Whiteyzz - - HEX Discussions

Quote from OzawaWanderer: “Pay cash only for cosmetics seems rude to me... I have 289 extended art cards having to pay real money for more will deeply piss me off. And most of my sleeves are from holidays or gifts from hex themselves suggesting we make every for fun thing p2use only deeply annoys me. ” Again why I suggested it would more work like foils in real life, with some cards coming as full art in a pack, to make an economy for them in the AH. Also with the Gold <-> Platinum exchange you …

Quote from Plotynus: “Quote from Whiteyzz: “This forum post reeks of things I suggested a long time ago, but people only cared about card value. I'm glad it only took a game being in a comatose dying state for people to change their opinion. A lot of KS features should've been VIP features, but people thought it devalued their KS'er package. Said hey maybe give them more loot from PVE, to help get F2P players to move to the sub. NO BUT THAT'S A KS BONUS Said hey maybe give them more gold from PV…

This forum post reeks of things I suggested a long time ago, but people only cared about card value. I'm glad it only took a game being in a comatose dying state for people to change their opinion. A lot of KS features should've been VIP features, but people thought it devalued their KS'er package. Said hey maybe give them more loot from PVE, to help get F2P players to move to the sub. NO BUT THAT'S A KS BONUS Said hey maybe give them more gold from PVE, to help get F2P players to sub. NO, THAT'…

• Quote from Firellius: “In my opinion, what HEX did well with the AZs and the like is give the player the tools to do wild and outlandish builds that would still function. Since HEX, the only vaguely similar card game I've played is Eternal, and while that has some of the things that HEX had, the sad reality is that it just doesn't live up to it. In HEX, I could make a deck revolving around weird or stupid combos and make it work. In Eternal, basically the only thing that works is cards with almo…

• The Lore Hound's Letter

Quote from Coyote: “I have to be honest and blunt. I cared about PvE and Lore a lot (Stone me if you can...?) - PvE was great potential, amazing idea and was great and abysmal at the same time. So huge potential insanely wasted. Bad design decisions. All great stories were tied to PvP with boring PvE areas. Everyone was like "this will be shandalar 2.0" and we ended in arena where we could not use our mercenaries and few repetitive pve nodes. - PvE was abandoned and it was the best thing that ma…

• Quote from Goliathus: “Quote from Bootlace: “Player investments retaining value and keeping the game accessible are not mutually exclusive directions. I’ve suggested for years to look into a Pokemon TCGO style dual system where F2P players can be showered with account bound cards (PvP rares and stuff even), while still keeping things worthwhile for those that like the trading/investing side of things. Another possibility was creating powerful PvE cards that can be earned freely playing PvE, whic…

• Quote from Utremeld: “Quote from Whiteyzz: “Quote from Arcanis: “Yep, I remember bringing up concerns over the pricing model way back before alpha started, the most popular response was "welcome to tcgs". I still feel like it's the biggest reason Hex never caught on. Maybe now is the best time to implement a change of this nature. With the player base so small they have less to lose then they ever have before. There wouldn't be a huge backlash, in fact people would probably welcome any change at…

• Quote from Arcanis: “Yep, I remember bringing up concerns over the pricing model way back before alpha started, the most popular response was "welcome to tcgs". I still feel like it's the biggest reason Hex never caught on. Maybe now is the best time to implement a change of this nature. With the player base so small they have less to lose then they ever have before. There wouldn't be a huge backlash, in fact people would probably welcome any change at this point. ” "BUT MAH CARD VALUE!" people …

• Quote from Firellius: “F2P games live or die by the breadth of their playerbase. Focusing exclusively on highly competitive, individualistic gameplay ensures HEX dies out. ” I was saying this by Set 2 at the steam launch (which was also a failure as I pointed out steam hates pay to win games)

• Quote from Pandaemonium: “PVE was built around a framework that they would convert those people to pvp. That was not the vision I thought of when I kickstarted the game. Moreover, you are converting very casual people to a cut throat format. That conversion belief basically made pve content completely free with no end game. Of course it wasnt going to make much money, it wasn't designed to. ” Wow literally what I've been saying since Set fucking 2. You're going to lose customers if there is no w…

• How far is AZ3 coming?

Though tbh a sliver lord would be an interesting raid boss fight mechanic. A bunch of slivers attached to him, all giving him bonus effects that would be a boss on their own. Do you rush the lord or kill the side slivers to to make the fight easier

• Yep TCG/CCG can be marketed the same way with being able to get free packs. It's just CCG's have adopted a better f2p model then any TCG out there so far.

• Selling Collection

Whiteyzz - - Auction House and Trading

I remember when I sold 8 rares for 200$ But I was crazy person saying the game was dying.

• Quote from Aiyers: “The main difference is the aforementioned games were bad games. Hex is not. All we need is a HXE representative to come talk with us and let us in on the short and long term plans. The game itself is not a bad game. When we started, the weekly updates were actually weekly updates with substance that led to hype and excitement and all we have now is another boilerplate message about clash/bash. ” Sadly as someone who just got into the MTG arena I really doubt it's going to see…

• Quote from ShinGuard: “The current model already heavily favors non-interactive 3 turn win nonsense. I don't see the value of an 'elite' mode that requires non-interactive turn 2 win nonsense. ” Pretty much this, every effect is designed that you never want to see it... Warbot? Terrorantula's? Etc? Much easier to play aggro w/heavy removal.

• I really think people fail to see how to make the game TCG but not pay to win. If all you have to market is booster packs you're going to fail as it's impossible to get anyone to get in when they're competing vs people who have the cards needed.

• Quote from Vroengard: “@Whiteyzz I have an (incomplete) list of people who pretended (and still do) everything is fine. I'm gonna have a good time on the last day. ” Sad part is they attack most the critics and negative people failing to realize we where most likely it's biggest funders, sure I made sub 10$ decks that could farm shit consistently but I owned a play set of every card even AA's. I don't spend money cause I saw it's spiral to an PVP only game and while I loved doing PVP and draftin…

• RIP the 2.3 million in Kickstarter people paid for. RIP the investment bankers who invested that 2.3 million in bit connect.

• Quote from KozHex: “Quote from Norwind: “They haven't communicated with us for a very long time, so regardless of whether they are actually on the brink of going under, lack of communication shouldn't be considered a sign of it... ” But has it ever been this bad before? I certainly don't remember a time like this... ” Its a constant getting worst and worst, it has been from set 5. Just the rose shaded glasses of how they used to communicate and hoping for that. Remember set 1 when there was 3 po…

• Surprised, people agreed with me awhile ago I think in Set 5 (Remember when VK's sold for 25$?) when the whole PVE drop thing was announced people called me a mad man. Hex is usually a company to their word and when they said nothing major for a year or two for PVE. I think I called so many things at this point... I constantly said Whiteyzz -> DONT PUT IT ON STEAM, STEAM HATES PAY TO WIN GAMES AND THIS IS PAY TO WIN. THIS GAME LACKS ANY MEANWHILE WAY FOR F2P USERS TO GET PLATINUM AND IS REALLY C…