Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 40.

• Friday Update - 4Play

Eternal - - HEX News and Announcements

4Play would be a fine way to play with my friend at the kitchen table. Seems horrible for competitive play with an entry fee. Sad.

• Please let us play Merry Melee modes with friends. I will pay you 1000 plat to add it to my list of kitchen table modes so I can challenge friends. Please.

• Taking away game modes is much worse for the player base than having too many. If they want people playing the game, they need more ways for people to enjoy Hex, more reasons for people to log in. If they find they have too many people only logging in to play Corrinth and not interacting with the market (no plat or pack usage), that is when they would need to figure out how to monetize kitchen table experiences. But they really need to get people in playing the game and see if that translates to…

• Draft Queue Stagnating Again

Eternal - - HEX Discussions

What we really need is some multi-queuing magic. Sometimes I just want to play a game and I'm okay if it is the next Evo game I need to do, or my next draft game I need to do, or even a constructed game if I can't find one of the first options within 2 minutes. I would love a system that lets me order the queues to search by preference and stipulate an amount of time to search for one of them before going into my game of last resort (something automatic, like next frost ring battle). This could …

• Corinth Arena - PvE and PvP

1. Good 2. Shards only I assume. Any limitation on that? 1. Otherwise, Allowing some very minor inclusions could also be nice - 20 cards exactly, 2 can be common, 1 uncommon, the rest shards. Lots of ways to play around with this. They could really go crazy. If not with Corinth, then with another 1. A customizable mercenary idea: additional activated powers (like champion powers down along the bar in PvE) that give pre-set cards based on a skill tree selected before the game. Could use temporary…

• Would be cool if they gave out an invite ticket to 4-0 winners. Then they could have a megabash/megaclash once or twice a month that required those tickets. Kinda a mini-CCS but it would keep the same format where the ticket was won (none of this qualifying in limited and having to play through a full day tourny of constructed). Would a mega-bash or mega-clash be more interesting to cast and to watch? Would that satisfy the competitive needs while also allowing players like me who haven't partic…

• Quote from schild: “i love this but not making our own deck is total crap when this becomes a regular casual queue in 7 or 10 days or whatever put in deckbuilding not really a request, more of a command of avoidance for a self-fulfilling prophecy ” What kind of deckbuilding do you want? Still limited to 20 shards, but you get to pick the shards? I'd be down with that.

• Sold some cards to Chocmaw. Quick turn around. Everything went smooth. Thumbs up.

• Good work. I continue to be a fan of your videos.

• Quote from pjvedder: “Quote from Airtron: “Forgot the obligatory TV tropes warning with that. ” Not sure what warning you're referring to. I don't frequent the site, it's just one of the first things that came up in my google search. ” TV Tropes can be a black hole of "Oh, this looks interesting, and this, and this... and now I have 15 tabs open to read..."

• [SET 9 SPOILER] BAB

Quote from JazzfanTwentySev: “Your opponent deals with it on the first turn it's played and it never gets to use any ability. And not hard to deal with that 4 health. At least that's how I read it. ” Right, it doesn't get rebirth until your next turn. So it is weak to being removed immediately, but if it survives until the next round it is much more hardy. Probably a bit too slow and not really strong enough to be a constructed bomb, but it might be fine if undead and plants continue to get some…

• Maybe not outright good, but definitely potentially useful. If she survives a turn you get yourself a 3/3 flight to attack with plus a card back to replace her. She survives again and you get another card and can get in 1 more point damage, finally drawing a third card on the third turn. I think a 4 cost constant that let the player draw 1 card the next three turns wouldn't be too bad. The body is a potential upside or downside. The ability to discard at will has potential as well. Not an auto-i…

• If Siege gets big enough, hopefully CZE can allow the defender to stick to the deck restrictions inside the client for defense, thus limiting the attacker as well. Having a Rock Siege league could be really cool. Restrictions could really help out the new or casual player. The big trouble with this is of course equipment can sometimes make a common card OP. I haven't really paid any attention to the rarity of that equipment though, so maybe it would work out.

• Why PS4?

Of note, the post that has since been hidden until further notice did talk about quick-posting items in platinum or in gold. This would indicate there is still paid currency and earned currency.

• Why PS4?

Quote from Biz: “separate economies would make sense all the casual players will jump ship if the game isn't actually free to play. they need daily quests and breadcrumbs to get more free stuff, not $7 drafts. none of these alternate platforms care about relative cost vs. MTG. they're going to compare it to other CCGs ” If the players are playing cross-platform, as advertised on the Sony website, then I don't understand the separate economy thing. One economy would become the cheaper economy, an…

• Why PS4?

Hope we get some more details soon. And they had better allow logging in to current accounts from the PS4. To not allow that, but still have cross-platform play, is a little crazy. Games could be played between the two systems, but the economies are completely separate? That doesn't support the value of the PC players collection, and doesn't encourage the console player to invest.

• As listed here: Known Issues

• Quote from Utremeld: “Quote from Eternal: “What if you had to re-log and all of the cards have done their little dance re-positioning around the board? How salty would you be to lose to this archaic issue? ” Wait does that actually change the play order of cards? Because that sounds absurd. ” I don't know about the immediate example, but I've definitely had troops sitting in a different order on my board afterward.

• Quote from Dinotropia: “Dark Heart of Nulzann was brought up to explain the differences between Targeted and Untargeted triggers with a scenario many players would be familiar with, not to highlight it as confusing. The most confusing scenarios are when targeted and untargeted triggers get layered together, which this update resolves nicely. As to the clarification on how it will work, Dark Heart of Nulzaan is an untargeted trigger. You will still need to play Dread Banner after your Darkheart s…

• If true, I'm disappointed that Corey used the Dark Heart Banner example at the beginning as an example of unintuitive triggers... only to have the change not resolve that issue.