Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 33.

• Speaking as somebody who has a large collection dating back to the beta days and a lot of Standard decks/cards, this is a great move. I want to see new faces and introduce people to this game. Also, I'm sure my collection was hurt badly. I mean, between the great AH facilitating trade/cash out, the many players looking to buy into the game, the booming immortal and casual modes giving even old cards value, and the numerous 3rd party sites that won't scalp me, my priceless collection fell harder …

• Siege AI play pattern issue

Jiggs - - Bugs and Tech Issues

The AI probably does that because of all the complaints before about when it misplayed momentum troops/some other troops that cared about resources played (like the mono-colored queen cycle). It is a big problem though. The AI now plays behind on curve almost all the time which hurts many Siege decks. Kind of unrelated, but I really hope they look into the AI more and more. If siege is going to become a serious/competitive mode with these siege sacks, the AI needs to be a top priority.

• Battle Deck Ideas

Jiggs - - Strategies and Decklists

Name: Momentous Charge Description: Aggro Momentum Theme: Do you like playing resources? Use your resources to power your troops with momentum to smash through your opponent's defenses! Cards like leprechaun artist and Shillelagh Bully give you lucky coins to keep the momentum going while palm of granite and verdant rift let you play even more resources in a turn to put your troops in overdrive. Link: hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=329662 Cost: 25$ on the dot apparently. With reserves, it jumps up t…

• The auction house is definitely a big problem. I really think that Hex should just give two rares/legendaries per pack (I remember seeing this proposed here before) and stop printing resources at rare level (Grossly over-inflates deck prices when the resource base is half the deck value; even candles as the "cheap" competitive deck needs to shell out 40-50$ for Wax Sacraments?). I get it, Magic has rare lands and only one rare/mythic per pack, but we don't need to follow everything Magic does (e…

• As in the original Frost ring arena battleboard you can buy from the chark mart. It doesn't seem to save and defaults to the standard battleboard, even if set as making it the default for all decks too.

• They really need to fix the AI's bug of just not playing resources when they hit about 10+ resources. Totally kills certain siege archetypes (momentum, some ramp decks) and it's not like the AI is good enough to actually bluff tricks anyway by holding shards. Also, it's starting to become obvious that they don't even test the AI for FRA concerning certain cards. I assumed wax dawn and cartomancy would be fine since it's in the FRA decks, but the AI never, ever plays them under any circumstances …

• The reason your probably saying aggro is too strong is because you're playing on the ladder against it a lot. A lot of people just run aggro to rank up quickly and it feels bad to get run over by it. That being said, control isn't in a great spot. Like Thufir said, the format isn't "solved" and so many decks attack on different axis that it's hard to prepare for all of them. Very different from the Lazgar's winter a couple of sets back. But hey, if you do hate aggro, rest easy knowing that many …

• What exactly was the bug? Mind filling us in on those out of the loop on what happened?

• I really wish sieges could be posted for free. I like watching the AI duel it out and it's nice to build theme decks, but it always feel bad when they just get stomped by some combo strategy/tier 1 PvP deck and it does feel a bit bad to watch some obvious new player lose some gold to my decks. Also, kind of without saying, the AI still needs some work; it still refuses to simply play certain cards.

• The combo doesn't seem that bad; it reminds me a lot of Terrormill from back in sets 3-4, although I would argue that Voice and Painstoke are better cards individually than Phenteo and Azurefate and the LEU combo is more reliable and harder to hate on than terrormill. IMO, The amount of combo decks this set introduced is a bit ridiculous and a lot are hard to actually interact with other than having removal of key troops at the right time. This combo, auctioneer mill, and sugar rush are all obno…

• While sanctum of suffering was definitely designed to support the self-discard theme with cards like conjured candleghast and scribe of the flayed man, it might work better in an aggro deck as you will draw two if you have no cards in hand. It's a shame McBombus rotated along with a lot of those "action matters" troops. A Mcbombus deck with skarns, seeing red, flickering gobbler, combat training, etc. could probably use the card to great use; especially against grindy/control decks in the reserv…

• Frost Ring Arena - Deck Tier List

Jiggs - - Guides

Quote from NicoSharp: “Results may vary I've had 3 20/20 silent auctioneer woken perfects since the patch. I have yet to play horrorcrafted since the patch. When I tested it for S-Tier, I admittedly had some challenges with it vs. certain encounters. I find the woken discard deck to be quite consistent. The deck has been modified a few different ways since posting, so I highly suggest everyone tweaks whatever they run, towards their playstyle and liking. ” The auctioneer mill deck is pretty good…

• Frost Ring Arena - Deck Tier List

Jiggs - - Guides

Quote from Studebaker: “I haven't rated it but this might be S tier hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=282599 Obsidian Cyclops is an absolute beast with the new gem of battalion don't be afraid to use him as a 0/0 troop. You can pick and choose the minor gem for it, I am just testing it with lifedrain but with the gladiator gem you can get turn 3 wins (Kindlekit -> Acolyte of Flame -> Votives/Light 'Em Up/Drop of Wax -> 2 cost Obsidian Cyclops and swing for the win). I'm missing cards but you would defi…

• FRA post Set 9, thoughts?

Jiggs - - HEX Discussions

I think the arena can give out more cards/equipment in general now with the increased difficulty and expanded drop pool (gold can stay the same if they want). Something that was present in the arena last update and still in this update is the fascination with giving the AI starting troops. It's especially bad when it's something that can have the AI explode out of the gate with cost reduction/ramp (sentry of nulzann/Pippit pal/Recruiters) or a troop with rage (quickly spirals out of control if n…

• FRA post Set 9, thoughts?

Jiggs - - HEX Discussions

So does anybody have a list of the new encounters? So far I've seen: Lumagoth: Classic R/D Candles/illuminate Bruiseberry Brewer: W/R/B Gnolls using rabid cards Voice of D'endrrah: R/B/S Discard using Sanatorium and the new chaostouched/evil illuminaries from Doombringer (This encounter seems glitchy; her elite version started with no hand and her ability is active at all times despite needing 20 cards in the crypt) Rowdy Piper: W/D/S Rowdy Violet's attendant: B/W/D(?): Deathcry deck Shillelagh …

• I like both cards, but I like Steric's a bit more because I love me some quick troops and Winter Moon with scouts was my first "real "deck so I'm biased. If Steric's design does win, I hope that it creates AA Brown Fox Scouts. That art is so good it's the only AA card I bothered getting a playset of.

• Iron Maiden Doombringer

Jiggs - - Feedback and Suggestions

The problem isn't that she's unplayable, it's just that right now she's just not good enough compared to her cost/shards/lore. Iron Maiden is unique and tricky tri-shard identity, but still falls short compared to the women mono-shard cycle of sets 5-6 and even to some cards like pathfinder, Shamrock, dark heart, etc. A few simple keywords would see her at least see some play and make her feel like the powerful, dangerous leader of the new BDSM illuminaries.

• Iron Maiden Doombringer

Jiggs - - Feedback and Suggestions

I would prefer lifedrain so she can use her ability multiple times and not be able to kill yourself with risky gambles as badly, but speed or swiftstrike would be good too. Now I don't know how decks will look like and how Iron Maiden will stack up, but it looks like she's in an awkward spot against control and aggro decks. Aggro will either dump their hand by then or put you low enough that paying health will not be available and control will probably be able to take her out on sight. I hope I'…

• Really like the book and vanishing gem changes. I know it's probably too late but artic naid needs a buff. Flying, lethal or some other keyword would be fine. Oh, and it wouldn't hurt to give Iron Maiden lifedrain too.

• Really like the common resources and I'm glad the rare ones aren't that crazy. Still hoping for tri-shard resources. I do think the Iron Maiden should have lifedrain or some other buff. These tri-shard legendaries should be powerful and pushed but most still seem weaker than the female mono-shard cycle from sets 5-6.