Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 937.

• Different meta

Ossuary - - Feedback and Suggestions

Let me clarify. I HAVE SEEN IT. It is exactly as I describe. Devs have talked about it on live streams before. There is a configuration screen for events. It's just checkboxes / dropdowns, like even a newb programmer could make in VBA with UserForms. A monkey could fill it out. The code IS very poor, but that doesn't mean the event interface is difficult to change. It's all there on the screen. Those are two separate issues.

• Different meta

Ossuary - - Feedback and Suggestions

Quote from AceBladewing: “Quote from Wolzarg: “It wouldn't really take much of an effort there is no new code that needs to be added really. ” He said, knowing nothing of the code base. ” *raises hand* It's literally 2 minutes of work. Checkboxes on a screen, to change which sets are legal / which sets are used for events. They've even done it accidentally before.

• I'm going to say two words, and it's the same two words I've been saying since I met you 5 years ago, Cory: PROJECT. MANAGEMENT. You don't have any. You need it. You always needed it. You have designers. You have (adequate but not great, sorry) programmers. You don't have anyone who knows how to run a project, end to end, and keep it on task. Version control. Agile development. Better management of business process and communication. All of it, across the board, you guys have always lacked. Nobo…

• Lack of news

Ossuary - - HEX Discussions

Yes, that's what they should have done, but they were floundering, and as usual, rather than put in the work to actually solve it, they decided to try to jump to the end and just generate more money. Almost every decision they've made over the last 2 years before we reached this current state of nothingness, you can see that the game was failing, and they were trying to brute force their way to getting more money, without putting in the work or effort required to earn it legitimately. The proble…

• Lack of news

Sadly neither of those scenarios are even remotely possible at this point. Nobody would dare risk investing in a purchase of the product at this point (and frankly the owners probably still overvalue the IP despite its dead community), and Cory wouldn't for a second consider open-sourcing "his baby." Despite the fact that there are people from the community (or maybe used to be, or could be again) who would actually be able to fix the client and make it much better. Don't get me wrong - I'd fuck…

• Well, there's a whole separate value calculation, and it's different for each person, and time is only one factor. Sure, some games last "100 hours," but is that time actually valuable? That depends heavily on the quality and what you want to get out of it. Some people really fucking love running around shooting each other over and over again, with no actual end or advancement to it. For those people, games like CS:GO are an enormous value for the price, even if you lay out some money for cosmet…

• It's an oversimplification, sure, but it gets the point across. And yeah, I agree with you, the real problem is the dudebros don't care and they keep buying these fucking awful cashgrab not-quite-games every single year. Good luck getting through to them, though.

• A SNES game was also considered a success if it sold a million copies. Hell, some were thrilled to clear 200K, back in the day. The market is bigger now. God of War sold over 10 million copies. That's 600 million dollars, MINIMUM. The market is bigger, so the profit is bigger. That affords a larger team. Also, God of War is a special case and a bad example. They're an internal Sony studio, so they can AFFORD to throw a lot of manpower at the goal of making a beautiful and deep game - they have a…

• Companies like EA and Activision have also done a really good job of brainwashing people into believing costs are high with all their rhetoric so they can hide their actual clients' (the investors) profits inside those "very high" costs. It's not the development that costs so much, it's the corporate greed.

• For me, I have zero interest in competitive multiplayer card games, and games where you ignore your opponent completely and just smash your face against their board state turn after turn. I want modern Shandalar. I won't be playing any other card games in the future that don't have a proper PVE campaign, and don't include pass priority. I'm not interested in playing a card game I can't respond to actions on... I fucking hate Hearthstone and all card games like it.

• Same.

• Apparently Activision's stock dropped by about 3.7 BILLION as a result, so, you know, natural consequences. I mean, I'm well aware it's going to come back and end up even higher eventually (EA's did after the BF2 fiasco), but it still amuses me and warms my bitter little heart to see even brief consequences for these greedy assclowns.

• What's shocking is not that they did it (I'm surprised they hadn't already done it), but that they announced it at their FOR PAY event, to a heavily PC-oriented crowd, and acted like everyone should fall down worshiping at their feet in response. It wasn't the message, it was the delivery.

• It's just more evidence that these giant gaming companies don't give a fuck about their players, we are not the target market, the people they actually care about are their investors, we're the product that's being sold. They think we'll swallow whatever shit they shovel our way and like it. They've all gotten pretty far out of touch in the last couple of years, but those birds are finally coming home to roost. If we could just get the fucking dudebros to stop buying Call of Duty and Madden ever…

• It was a combination of bad base code, insufficiently skilled engineers (not bad, just not amazing, either), and WAY too many designers with no programming experience whatsoever. The things they designed would not have BEEN designed that way if more skilled engineers were involved with the project from the outset. But more importantly than all that, was poor marketing. Continually, perpetually bad decisions regarding how to market the game, where to put what money they did have. This game always…

• I didn't think it was possible to come up with a worse Merry Melee mode. But yeah... whoever draws Walking Calamity first just plain wins. Terrible.

• Overdue Tournament Prizes

HexEnt didn't even pay for the tournament. GameForge did. It was their money that was wasted. Without GF, the tournament never could have happened in the first place. Whether or not it should have is another issue.

• Quote from AxelDWater: “I would prefer Mads Mikkelsen for this role. ” Let's be honest. A burnt piece of toast would be better in this role than Cavill.

• Overdue Tournament Prizes

The voices in your head don't count as having conversations. Responding to a public outcry a month later isn't customer service. It's an insult. Try making direct responses to people when you've "had a conversation" about an issue, instead of ignoring them. Everyone is completely justified in assuming their messages are going into a void, since not even getting a confirmation that your message was received is exactly that, a void. Worst customer service possible.

• There was no up in this date.