Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 67.

• Fantastic updates Hex!! Immortal Gauntlets are everything I wanted in the game. I have no words for how great this is for the format, and constructed in general. I do have one question, though: Why are Cosmic Coins not a part of prizes? This is going down the path that I feared with them. They should be thought of as "Highly invested PvP play rewards" and not be limited to Cosmic ladder only. It just feels odd, that's all. But, great update anyhow. I can't believe I get to have on-demand constru…

• Dammit. I had this response all lined up, was just putting the last bit of research into it, then you blew it all to hell: Quote from StorrowN: “Weird. Two responses to my comment that was about the same level of "constructive criticism" that this community gives to Hex as feedback. And all I got was two negative, emotion-based responses, shocking. And since Hex as a company can't respond like that, instead we get radio silence. Sound familiar? All I did was take an idea that had thought and eff…

• This whole thread is a joke, right? One of the biggest Hex criticizers posts a thread for a "Roadmap" and this is the result? All the abusive language towards Hex developers because they never implement everything perfectly the first time and this is what gets labeled as "I could have done this way better. What was Hex thinking?" Let's just go over some of the highlights of this masterpiece: 1. Merry Melee Quote from NicoSharp: “Paid for casual ladder ” Do I need to even say anything here? Yes, …

• Get a lot of siege sacks fast

StorrowN - - HEX Discussions

Quote from omoreindakitchen: “If both managed to level each others keep to 15 and then claim it, that would an investment of 2377 gold for 210 siege sacks. ” Is this accurate? If so, this whole thread just highlights why it was a bad move to make the pack contents non-tradable. If this is the best and fastest method to farm Siege Sacks, then this whole "potential for abuse" thing is blown way out of proportion. Instead of non-tradable pack contents, just do this: - 5-10 minute cool down timer be…

• Quote from DunYoss: “The queue itself needs to announce when it ends! ” It does, at least now. The last one was a bit up in the air, so I'm not sure if it was always there or not. Click on Merry Melee, click on Rules.

• Tell me about it. I pissed 700 Siege Sacks away to get 7 PvE cards/equips that I'll never use. Just let me get what I want. How hard is this? Maybe 300 for AA Uncommon, 1000 for AA Rare, 2000 for AA Legendary? I don't really care, the point is I could have bought 1-2 things that I wanted but instead I got nothing. It's been proven time and time again that players will shell out for predictable in-game purchases. League of Legends led the way in terms of buying cosmetics, Fortnite is proving it a…

• Quote from RoyG: “Their anti cheat measures are hurting the players ” I couldn't agree more. I'm just saying that from what we can see, it looks like a system balanced around the contents being tradable. So when they decided to go with the untradable route over developing an anti-abuse tech, no re-balancing was done and we get a system that is good for nothing, really. I would have just implemented a 10 min. cool-down to attack the same Siege twice. I'm sure there's better options, that's just t…

• Quote from Vroengard: “Hex introduced untradeable cards in the latest update. What's your take on that? ” If that becomes the norm going forward, sure, this whole CCG idea may carry some weight. But, untradable cards were only released in Siege Packs. The devs made it clear that the reason was because Siege can be abused by two players conspiring together. Just look at the Siege Sack system. It was clearly designed to be tradable, based solely on how stingy the Sacks are given out and the drop r…

• Quote from Gregangel: “As I predicted several months ago, step by step they take decision which bring Hex closer and closer to a CCG economic model. With this last decision and along with the introduction of cosmic coins, they want to crash the trading market and stop to commit on one of their most important selling point : "protect the value of player collection". ” Yes, we're headed straight for the CCG model. Magic has been moving towards the CCG model as well: - Masters sets? Yup, textbook T…

• Quote from Vroengard: “Anyway, what this whole idea does, is to undermine Hex's competitive integrity. ” The ladder is not competitive. Paid to enter tournaments (and hopefully gauntlets soon) are, but the ladder is the everyday playground for players. The ladder should be relaxed gaming, for the most part. I will also add that I'm not recommending that Hex just throws in star purchasing without changing anything else. I've been saying for a long time that the CCS should move away from ladder ra…

• I would like to see a move away from this all-or-nothing approach completely: - Beat 1 deck, get 25% of the hoard. - Beat the second deck, get another 25%, 50% total. - Beat the third deck, get it all. This does a couple things: - This encourages defenders to make hard Sieges. (They do this anyhow because of the payment system, so nothing changes here.) - This encourages experimentation for attacking decks. Being able to get something back for going 1-X or 2-X lowers the cost of experimentation.…

• Not to sound rude, but what's the point of this back-and-forth? Every business market has companies that provide additional Value Added Services for their products, and companies that undercut them by not doing so. If I want a box of cereal, I can go to War-Mart, Costco, or Giant Eagle (or Publix, or whatever the premium grocery store chain near you is). They all have different price points due to the different operating philosophies of the stores. The same is true for every product in the world…

• Yeah, this idea is so stupid... Oh wait, Fortnite lets you buy your way to level 100. And they made 220M in March, yes just March. 25p per star minimum, 50p would probably be fine, too. Do it, the more plat sinks in the game, the better.

• First off, I mean no disrespect to Havoc for my post. However: Why not let Ali make the Sugar Rush deck? He writes for the main site, and has championed the deck since day 1. I would feel kind of let down if I were him. Just a thought. It would have been so much better to let Havoc build a deck around Seeker, as that's the last card off the top of my head that has sky-high prices from DoW block. Anyhow, these decks are fabulous and I am really excited for this new direction we are headed in. Tha…

• I just have to jump in and say that this thread is great. Keep it up. Yes, Hex definitely should have warned us these pre-cons were coming so one of two things could happen: 1. Players could unload their hoarded cards onto less-informed players at the then-current prices. Because the less-informed should always end up holding the bag when cards get reprinted. 2. Players could try and unload their hoarded cards at a lower price, but not rock bottom. Because less-informed players should help to ca…

• Economy and Playerbase

StorrowN - - HEX Discussions

Quote from NicoSharp: “I'd like to see the vision and work implemented that looks at the "long-run" ” That's odd, I see all the recent changes as great for the long-term gameplan. Right now, Hex has an inflation problem. The economy was spiraling out of control because the limited side of the game wasn't putting sufficient supply into the system, so Standard prices were rising snd rising. Both the Bash/Clash rework and Cosmic Coins are great for keeping card prices in check going forward. Once s…

• That was my first thought as well. Every "random rare" should become 50 CC or whatever amount they see fit. Also, every match won in a paid tourney should count. Cosmic Coins IMO are for "highly invested PVP matches". I can see the argument for Hex not wanting to give them out for Bronze starter decks battling each other on the ladder. But, any paid tourney is highly competitive, so every match should award CCs. I said it before and I'll say it again: I hope the name Cosmic Coins doesn't back th…

• FYI Cosmic Coin Packs are tradable: reddit.com/r/hextcg/comments/8…_and_siege_sacks/dys9xnw/

• This article is fantastic. I only have a couple concerns: 1. Can any PvP cards from Siege Sacks be made tradeable? I understand the angle of making PvE players grind Siege for exclusive cards/equips. But with the price of Standard, can't Hex make the Eternal Seeker, and other PvP cards tradeable? Thanks. 2. Please don't feel obligated to keep Cosmic Coins for Cosmic ladder only, and Siege Sacks for Siege only. As someone who loves Immortal, I really don't want to grind Standard/limited for a sho…

• Quote from Trenzalore: “In a single month I finish more drafts in Hex than I ever did in a single year of MTG. ” You get it. That's what I'm getting at with the whole format burn-out thing. That's also why MTGO moved to always having cube/Masters draft formats. So players can hop between the current set and the "flashback" format. Hex doesn't have the player base to have both options always available, but they can get the same feel by turning on/off queues frequently, as long as it's communicate…