Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 76.

• Quote from NicoSharp: “It just saddens me to see something like pve campaign, and rpg merc systems that allowed for so much creative freedom get pissed away due to inept decisions leading to where we are today. Who knows how long it’ll be until a game wrapped in a similar package, can deliver the same, and more, with the leadership and consistency needed to drive it towards success. At least we know other companies are trying, but it’s still going to take a Herculean effort, to get to the core o…

• Quote from Pandaemonium: “My only question is what does "we are tracking everyone's information mean". Could it be that they need to track it for some particular reason, like a sale to a company or otherwise? I know I am grasping at straws, but it is interesting language. ” IIRC, when Cryptozoic acquired the WoW TCG assets/license from Upper Deck, there were outstanding tournament prizes that had yet to be paid out by UD to previous winners. I'd imagine, if Hex is acquired by some other company,…

• Dino Watch

Dylan - - HEX Discussions

Quote from Ossuary: “Update? What update? Oh, you mean the weekly copy / paste. And the monthly "we should have reminded you about VIP sooner but instead are putting it here, after the first VIP already most likely failed to fire." Which I've been reminding them about for two fucking years now. ” "There was much Clashing and Bashing . . . "

• Quote from Morwath: “Quote from Mitthrawnuruodo: “Quote from Portensio: “Quote from Rendakor: “It would be impossible to go infinite without engaging in the secondary market. ” and the problem is? Mtgo works thtat way. ” MTGO also allows you to engage the market by doing 30 seconds of direct trade with a bot in client. That makes a HUGE difference. ” You can do it even faster in Hex via AH. ” HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!…

• Quote from GobBluth: “That's all folks. I've logged in four times in the last two days and each time the queue for draft has been no higher than 1/8. How in god's name do they expect to have a player base in two months? ” I haven't updated my API watcher in over a year because it didn't seem like it mattered, but I made an exception a month or so ago. I added something so I could know how long it took for a draft to fire. My last draft I joined on Fri Jun 29 16:40:53 2018 and it took 56m 14s for…

• I'd spend money on the game if there were any PVE on the horizon. But that ain't the case.

• Quote from SlayerStronghold: “Sorry in advance for the off-topic; @Dylan - why is Chris not on the Orange Tracker? ” He wasn't active on the forums previously. I only know who's orange when they start posting on the forums. And, given I no longer regularly visit the forums, I only know to add someone when I get pinged about it. If someone from HexEnt wants to ping me when new folks get added (with username and user id), I'm happy to update the Orange Tracker ASAP (likely same day if I'm online a…

• Quote from Mach: “Quote from CoachFliperon: “I'm still not even sure why we don't get sacs for retiring defenses in the first place... its not like what we get is tradeable... What are we trying to prevent here? ” Perhaps the point is to discourage people from making sieges which are too difficult. ” "GREAT REWARDS! GREAT PRIZES! . . . Just don't be too good, because you gots ta take a dive ta get dose prizes, knowhaimean?" Seems like a balance issue, not an issue of the right incentives. If onl…

• Quote from Vroengard: “Siege is, objectively, a badly implemented game mode. I think it is only a very small minority that enjoys it. And it will become a chore for the completionists who will want to get 4-of every card + battleboard. Again, "forcing" people to play (because of untradeability) is not something that the playerbase will appreciate. Don't know how they would go about making these Siege rewards tradeable, though, considering the easy ways it can be exploited. ” Picking nits. I agre…

• Quote from Portensio: “I’ll agree that we have lots of rng stuff to acquire but there is a reason If the only thing you want is that Doombringer KHa then you will play until you have it then start a thread where you complain that you have no reason to grind anymore and there should be more. ” Or I could continue to play a mode that was fun and enjoy the play experience. If Siege were fun (primarily discoverability, but also better AI for Timmy decks), playing more of it would be its own incentiv…

• Orange Tracker Updated!

No idea. I don't *think* I'm doing anything that would clear your login cookie. I know when I was using the forums regularly (something I've not done in a while, which is why I am so slow to respond to this) I was able to go back and forth without issue. For reference, I tend to read the forums using the latest version of Chrome as a web browser on Mac. I've whitelisted hextcg.com in my ads blocker (which I think you need to do in order to log in in the first place), but not google-analytics. Ho…

• Quote from Blackwood: “Of all the stupid things I think this is the one that has finally gotten me mad enough to break me of spending money on Hex. I'm done. ” I'd been skating along for a while on my Kickstarter drafts rare drafting to collect most of a set. I decided a month or so ago to start spending some actual money on packs every paycheck and support the game financially in an ongoing fashion. This new currency announcement does not encourage me to continue spending money on the game. Gat…

• Quote from Morshadoom: “Don't think you lose value with your PP Kickstarter tier... just trade your drafted rares for missing stuff of Set 7/8. Besides: if you win Kismet packs they trade for almost 200 platin in AH, considerably higher than Set7/8 packs. Use the platin to trade for missing cards. Commo people, you complain on a very high level. Just enjoy the new format. ” Trade the drafted rares? Like those extra Prepare for Wars? Or Wayfaring Conquerors? Or Swampwater Recluses? Also, prices f…

• Quote from HEXCoryJones: “"That is because most people don't draft for fun" I cannot move forward with anything based on this premise... so I will respectably disagree ” I won't say "most people", but I will say I draft to grow my collection. Even when I play CCGs semi-competitively, I prefer to open my packs via drafting. Changing the format from 8-8-7 to Kismet means it's harder for me to complete my Set 8 (and Set 7) collection via drafting. It undermines the collecting value of my Pro Player…

• Quote from Gregangel: “account on mobile will be shared with your pc account according to Cory... (not like ps4 account) So that would mean chest will get the same fonction than chest on pc... Maybe you will not be allowed to spin them on mobile. ” Just because the account will be shared, doesn't mean the things you can do are shared. But, if you can't spin on mobile, then there's a good argument for keeping drop rates private. Also, if you're a mobile-only player, spinning on mobile to get PVE …

• Here I was excited when I first saw this: theverge.com/2017/12/21/168056…ds-probability-disclosure Then I realized that Chests on mobile will likely only drop Gold like happens on the PS4. Here my search for the silver lining of delaying PVE for more platforms has proven fruitless. Curses!

• Stone me if you want, but - PvE???

Quote from Wolzarg: “There is something to be said about overly negative feedback constantly being a detriment still. People need to realize that there are a lot of people working very hard on this project. That doesn't excuse mistakes but it is worth considering i can say for sure that if i was berated constantly for my failures i wouldn't keep trying. So i think there is some value in truly trying to be constructive at the very least. ” At my new gig there's a class we take called "Crucial Con…

• Quote from Sukebe: “Quote from Dylan: “So, if that doesn't happen after another 5 years? What then? Because I wasn't expecting PVE to be, in effect, put on indefinite hold 3 years after being sold on this awesome blend of MMO/PVE and TCG/PVP, the lead designer of PVE to get moved back to doing Board/Card game design, and 2 of the 5 of the playstyle-specific KS Tiers to have zero ongoing benefit in the game. . . good thing it's only 257 out of 2820 playstyle-specific backers that were Raid Leader…

• Quote from Wolzarg: “I have to share coaches sentiment here i want pve as much as possible as soon as possible. But i will stick with the game until i know they are no longer going to be what they initially planned because the plan is my ideal game and to me it doesn't matter if it takes another 2 or another 5 years to make that happen. ” So, if that doesn't happen after another 5 years? What then? Because I wasn't expecting PVE to be, in effect, put on indefinite hold 3 years after being sold o…

• Talking PvE with BroomBot

Quote from Eraia: “Quote from Dylan: “And the reward needs to be enough to incentivize that behavior. ” This gets tricky, because we run the risk of dictating how to play to people. You need to reward enough to make the people who want to do this feel good about it, but not so much that the people who aren't interested in it feel like they're being forced into something they dislike. ” Yeah, it needs to be a balance. Making it 10% better gold rewards plus a chance >= 10% for a specific drop (sle…