Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 864.

• Quote from Pofflord: “Quote from Pandaemonium: “I agree with plotunus, the ah should be filled with cheap cards. Card value is now next to zero in real term dollars and the important thing now is to get cards so it can be exported when Hex 2 comes out (please God). ” And you actually don't see any problem there? Flooding the AH with cheap cards now and at the same time exporting a then totally broken economy into Hex 2? Please please please, Cory, dont listen to this insanity. Protect collection…

• Hex 2 and PVE

Plotynus - - HEX Discussions

Only change the game mechanics needs IMHO is some kind of fixing for mana-screwing. But something simpler like a one-shot discard a card -> create an ice (the one that fateweaves) of one of the colors of the card. Mana screw ruins games on early turns and most of the other CCGs are doing things to avoid this (using a different system). I would also add a fateweave when you mulligan if WOTC allows us to do so If Cory and company thinks this game failed because of the mechanics and the actual game…

• Quote from Utremeld: “Quote from Pofflord: “I may however have another option to revitalize the card market: Increase listing times for fixed price (not auction) from 48h to 30 days. ” I see we're back to the phase where easy solutions that were already proposed years ago and ignored are re-proposed and then in 3-6 months re-ignored for no discernible reason. ” Pretty much yes, but better later than never.

• Quote from HEXCoryJones: “Hello! I would like nothing more than to have the AH feel fun again, sadly I think that is really a byproduct of the number of people playing the game, much like a chat room with no one in it... if you have a suggestion I am happy to consider it! my only idea is we have someone on the team put up cool stuff a once a day at a low price so you can bargain hunt them... ” Please do it. Fill the market with cheap cards and booster packs. I'm not being ironic. This should hav…

• Is tcg browser down for good?

Quote from Fred: “Bogycoins mentioned that he no longer has the time or will to take care of it anymore. The original plan was to take it down permanently. However, I reached out to him and we're currently discussing logistics. I'm not making any promises, but I will attempt to revive it, alongside Hex PVP Tools. Now, am I making a Cory of myself by overhyping stuff that I can't deliver, I guess time will tell. The only thing I can promise is that I will make a honest effort to bring back both T…

• Quote from Wolzarg: “Quote from Plotynus: “Quote from sindharin: “Just a little suggestion of what can be done in the short-term to attract some new players: When I stopped playing Hex and and got into Pokémon online I noticed an interesting format that they have called Theme deck. I realised after trying it that it is an awesome intro into a TCG for PVP players. It is a format for players to enter with only pre-constructed decks - levelling the playing fields dramatically. Check it out. Since H…

• Quote from sindharin: “Just a little suggestion of what can be done in the short-term to attract some new players: When I stopped playing Hex and and got into Pokémon online I noticed an interesting format that they have called Theme deck. I realised after trying it that it is an awesome intro into a TCG for PVP players. It is a format for players to enter with only pre-constructed decks - levelling the playing fields dramatically. Check it out. Since HEX already created pre-constructued decks i…

• Quote from Draknos: “Quote from Plotynus: “Indirect communication as it is, but: - HEXPrincessCory - HEXBen - HEXSquiddy - HEXMattHyra - DasEvil - Dinotropia - KingGabriel This is what remains of Hex Staff? Difficult to launch a new game, even improve this one, with such a short staff (and most of them are non-devs). ” "Members of the team" doesn't necessarily mean "the entire team" (and the update last week only specified "some of the dev team"). There are at least that many people on staff, pr…

• Quote from Erukk: “Quote from Plotynus: “This is what remains of Hex Staff? Difficult to launch a new game, even improve this one, with such a short staff (and most of them are non-devs). ” Unless Cory can pull more rabbits out of his hat, it was always more than likely that Hex was going to stay and remain dead. I more than want Hex to live and grow again, but after so so long, i really can't think bring myself up to being optimistic. Hope for the best, but always prepare for the worst. ” There…

• Indirect communication as it is, but: - HEXPrincessCory - HEXBen - HEXSquiddy - HEXMattHyra - DasEvil - Dinotropia - KingGabriel This is what remains of Hex Staff? Difficult to launch a new game, even improve this one, with such a short staff (and most of them are non-devs).

• Poking @Dinotropia. I'm sure he'll be able to help. EDIT: Also, a tip if you're using google authenticator: use Authy instead, it works with google authneticator so it's the same, but you can use several devices with it so if you lose your original phone, you don't lose all your 2fa.

• Quote from schild: “What exactly did we learn on our year off? ” I've learnt that having a multiplayer game with no players to play against might actually not be a great idea. Also, that people won't wait forever for a game. They'll just find another or don't play anything. Also, that this particular game may be already doomed, but sadly for me, it's the one that I enjoy to play. Also, don't put Messi as your only forward against France and don't sign a bald person never again to manage the nati…

• I can login now.

• Having the same issue, I can't login into the game.

• Monday Night Gaming!

Hey Cory, nice to see you around Let's make it more often! Pssst... want to have more fun? I have something for you that will get you high. How about 0/2 queues like the old 2-head dragons for all the merry melee modes available all the time? Our mondays would be super crazy!

• HEX: The now and the future

Quote from NyashMyash: “Quote from Plotynus: “But also, MTGA has one thing that is good and Hex should try to emulate if possible: Games are fast! Playing Hex again after playing MTGA is like playing at a different pace. Games are slow, a lot of clicks are involved. Hex should try, if possible, to automatize more things: auto-passing priority if there's nothing to do (and having the option to disable that only if you want) is a good start. Making the first rounds of the game faster will enhance …

• You can have the best game of the history. A perfect code to do whatever you want fast and efficient moving forward... but with no community and a distrust imprinted in the brand, you won't get far. That's why I'm asking/begging/suggesting/whatever that they focus in the short term in improving the current game, make it more enjoyable for people, and develop a realistic communication path to rebuild that link that now is broken. First you need people playing Hex, THEN you can start to think on H…

• S9 Draft Meta

Plotynus - - Strategies and Decklists

One thing that I remember is that going tri-shard is actually pretty viable. And it was a slower set, so if you can aggro nicely, you'll have some kind of advantage.

• Quote from Coyote: “Ok - i logged in, played few games, had so much fun - and got depressed immediately Amazing game, depth and simply fun and so many deckbuilding possibilities. On the other hand clunky, crashes, freezes, insane UIs, delays and matches sooooo long (waiting 5 mins for the oponent to confirm move is insane and after quick games in arena i want to pull the rest of my hair out....) ” This. MTGA has a lot of negative issues. But the pace of the match is not one of them. This is done…

• Just played 2 portal kombat on the merry melee queue and had most fun on it than with all the MTGA games I've played since I left Hex. And found games within seconds. I still can't believe how this VERY LOW hanging fruit is still through a barrier (although now it's free at least!). Imagine what Hex would be with a Challenge room (so even PS4 players can play with their friends) when you can select a mode, a deck (if needed), and just provide a password if you want a private room. And you can si…