Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 365.

• I'd like to see the Auction House paired with in-game merchants in the PvE setting. These merchants would sell a preset list of cards. The Merchants would actually just be another interface window into the AH. Those cards would display the lowest price available for said card, and if a player purchased that card, it would just complete the transaction on the AH. Doing this would give new players a very intuitive way to purchase cards, as well as generate a list of cards that are 'worth listing o…

• HEX: The now and the future

Obsidian - - HEX Discussions

Quote from OzawaWanderer: “Quote from AceBladewing: “You're not the officially nicknamed lore hound. You were just given whatever custom title you chose when we migrated from the old forums. My custom name is Dingler (notice mine is green instead of the normal gray Dingler). That doesn't make my title "official" any more than yours does. ” Roostersaur a friggen DEV nicknamed me a lore hound ” So... Roostasaur wasn't a dev. He was a chat moderator. His word carries about as much weight as HEXKing…

• The Lore Hound's Letter

Quote from Whiteyzz: “If they make HEX 2 in the future, I think they should take and focus on the co-op and mmorpg focus on it. I'm not expecting a 3d world, but heck sometime 2d with the old timey 3d dungeon exploring could be interesting, with buddies could be cool. Thinking something like MTG: Shand but an mmorpg, and have the world developed so if you move in a party area encounters would be set for how many players. Have set area have a mob pool (with their own loot per mob) and so 1 person…

• HEX: The now and the future

It's a good question, though. Whatever settlement was reached, if Hex is relaunched as Hex 2.0, would it be open to a similar lawsuit? I suppose not, if it's under the same LLC? I don't really know how these laws function.

• Quote from Draknos: “Quote from OzawaWanderer: “I believe the best thing to be done is to give some form of communication that's consistent. There are a lot of us who are mildly intrigued by the notion of Hex coming back but we all have reservations in general. We can't really support a game the ceo promised to revive if all we get is "we're working on 2.0" if the team that's left and Cory actually decide to talk to us I think it'll help. ” Conversely, I would actually argue (at least until they…

• I have two thoughts on Hex 2. The first is that if you're looking for longevity and replayability in content, we can learn a lot from Hearthstone's mini adventure packs. Mainly, that replayability comes from randomization in the content. Not facing the same enemies and using some randomization in card selection means you're getting a different experience each time. It's the same reason that draft is so resiliently popular. It stays fresh because it's unpredictable different each time. Applying t…

• It's simple enough for me. If they release new PvE content, I'll reinstall and play it. I'd have spent money on consistent PvE releases. I even bought in to PvP content for drafting and such, but I was a more enthusiastic spender for the PvE side of things. I'd happily buy expansion zones or LCG packs or booster packs or whatever. I just want that original PvE vision. Ball's in their court as far as I'm concerned. It is nice though that so many people are still keeping eyes on this game.

• Man look at all these names popping in to say they still want to play Hex. Honestly, after a break like that, this game should have been buried. But you can tell it's got a good core product. I'd like to see it do well, but I think, like most people in this thread, it'd take something very tangible to get me back into Hex.

• To be honest, this late in the game it seems more like the thing that you quietly take care of with the people involved directly. You can't really make a post about "And hey, we're paying off year-old debts! Go us!" I mean I guess you can take your victories where you find them, but it does seem best to just handle it quietly. To me, at least. Nobody's going to be impressed with it, and the people that need to know about it have already been contacted more directly.

• I don't know what's going on with that site, but the graphs for 'employees' and 'revenue' are identical. Following similar trends, I could understand, but seriously. Go flip between the two of them. I don't think that site is reporting real data.

• Lack of news

See, I thought I just wanted some weekly communication from Cory, but his Friday Updates were one of the most disappointing things I've seen on forums. They very quickly become about random chatter rather than anything remotely related to Hex, and I stopped reading them after about a month. I don't want random words, I'd like updates or thoughts on the project. I can see now why we didn't get that, of course. So many wasted resources. I only hope at some point CZE decides to sell Hex to someone …

• The dying HEX

Fans of hex should check out the newest adventure mode for Hearthstone. The first chapter's free, so you can check it out without any cost. But they're really expanding these adventure modes. The newest one has a few tavern encounters that let you modify your deck in a style very reminiscent of Hex dungeons. In the plus or minus column, the decks are all pre-built (and get modified/built as you play) so you don't need any collection to fully enjoy the game, but you also can't construct your favo…

• I remember 'buckets.'

• Actually

Didn't check the link, but if it's Hex Entertainment and not CZE, maybe this is their crazy long shot of re-funding Hex? Could be with good intentions. Of course, if that's the case, it would make sense to come here and talk to us about it. So I guess we already know the answer.

• Hex as a curse and Hex as in 'hexagon' are both very simple interpretations. By itself, most people will understand 'hex' as curse, but also understand there is a connection to the number six, if it's appropriate. I would never contend that a game called 'Hex' MUST have to do with the number six, but it could have been a clever nod. Also going to point out that MtG has a card called Hex, which is a curse that destroys six creatures. So yeah, not exactly unprecedented.

• ... It's not that weird that a title would utilize a double-entendre (a thing so common there is a phrase to describe it). Titles in particular frequently have loaded meanings or clever word-play. It's almost bad marketing to name a product that can be ambiguous or mistaken, even. Sure, apparently CZE never intended to take advantage of the other meaning. We pretty much know that now. But as I said, there's no reason they couldn't have been planning it. It'd be perfectly reasonable to reveal a s…

• No reason it couldn't have been both meanings.

• I always theorized we might run into an enemy-only PvE sixth' shard. I mean, it's called Hex. Six only makes sense, and would have been a great plot twist. Color pie could be 'overpowered, because players deserve it.' As for why Blood is called blood instead of a gem, it's part of the lore. While there are three gem-based magic types (Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire), the other two shards are natural magics (Blood and Wild magic) that predated Hex. I never got the impression it was really well different…

• While I don't have solid info on this, I believe it's more than just artwork that's missing. I think they have the cards designed, but not actually coded, which is a significant effort (money) to finish. And while I know about a year ago we all joked about using placeholder art for the set and how terrible that would be because it would literally end the game, I think we're at the point where anything is better than nothing.

• Still smoldering. Every week someone dumps a little bit of garbage into the dumpster, but nobody ever comes to pick it up.