Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• If the assumption is made that at some point Hex is going to have a big 'relaunch' moment, whether it be a completely new game or a big patch that revamps the mechanics and adds a bunch of new stuff.... then there seems like little reason to preserve value at the expense of player engagement at this particular time. Not saying that the 'final product' shouldn't, of course. That's a discussion that there's little reason to have here. However, encouraging players to be involved with the game as a …

• Quote from Vroengard: “@Eraia FFXIV is one example. The other is No Man's Sky, where they did massive changes to the game without closing it and opening another one. Both are success stories. The only advantage a new Hex would have over fixing the old one is the codebase. ” No Man's Sky had a gradual rebirth, but really got brought to attention when they did, essentially, a No Man's Sky 2.0 style move in the form of one of the big patch, that came with a heavy marketing push by Sony among others…

• Quote from Aiyers: “1: You spoke about this concept of a "HEX 2". Why would you need for there to be a HEX 2? You have previously spoken about unimplemented content so why not work to bring that content to this game? There's nothing wrong with keeps, crafting, raids, clans, etc. ” When you have something fail, you need a formal relaunching to prove to people that there is enough change to justify a second chance. Look at FFXIV - the first one failed miserably, most people left. When they came ba…

• Minor Client Update 4/25

Eraia - - Maintenance and Updates

The maintenance notice says what the new items are... ladder cosmetics. Don't get your hopes up guys.

• Actually

Eraia - - HEX Discussions

Quote from Zampe: “Sorry I don't search Now I understand... You think there is a possibility in the future for an update? ” The only update we're likely to see is when they finally decide its not worth keeping the servers up. Quote from Goliathus: “Hex is on persistent vegetative state, it exists merely because the family doesn't want to end its life. On the other hand, Hex Ent has apparently gone to a different pasture. Welcome to Red & Blue, a Chinese-made blockchain TCG made by the joint vent…

• It amuses me greatly that the community is now reduced to throwing shit at each other, since the devs have clearly pulled themselves out of reach(by just... not caring about what happens here) That has been 'fun' to watch.

• As we all expected... Christmas and New Years are both cancelled in Hex. However... I gotta say... I wish they'd used THAT art while I was still interested in playing. I would've definitely been motivated to grind my way up.

• Xmas exchange game.

Eraia - - HEX Discussions

Quote from JazzfanTwentySev: “Well, this is going over like a lead balloon. I just wanted to give a little something back to the community, and the community is like, 'nah, I'm good.' ” It's not so much that, it's just... most of us only visit the forums once or twice a week at most now. I usually pop by for my Friday lump of coal. And occasionally I get the urge to see what 'everything's doomed' meme is popular now.

• Quote from Obsidian: “Man, everyone's so angry they have to pay for their games. Almost everyone leaving a negative review just wants to grind gameplay for cards at whatever crawl Valve sets. Valve respected their customer's time by making a no-grind, no BS game and they're getting slammed for it in reviews. "Artifact just wants all the money!" while a playset of every card in the game's like, $200. And that's on release. As more packs get opened, cost of cards is going to plummet. It's ridiculo…

• My expectations have officially exactly reached reality. I no longer feel any disappointment about these updates.

• Quote from JazzfanTwentySev: “I think it could be done with a minimum of effort really. The passives could simply be effects from existing cards. Say you want to highlight a new mechanic of ... Verdict. Say fully half of your dungeon is devoted to verdict decks. Passive #1 - Whan you play a spirit then verdict. Passive #2 - Verdicts are ancient verdicts. Passive #3 - When a minion with 5 or more attack attacks verdict. Passive #4 - Start the match with a Spirit of retribution in play. Minions do…

• Quote from Pandaemonium: “Alot of changes people have recommended are very simple and shoudnt take too much effort. The most complicated decision I like is having drafts fire hourly rather than on demand. Either the company doesnt like money or they are telling people to move on in a passive aggressive way. ” Or their project management skills are as bad as their understanding of what people want... oh wait, that answer is just way too realistic...

• Quote from Ossuary: “Companies like EA and Activision have also done a really good job of brainwashing people into believing costs are high with all their rhetoric so they can hide their actual clients' (the investors) profits inside those "very high" costs. It's not the development that costs so much, it's the corporate greed. ” That's not entirely fair. Many SNES games were made with teams of 20-30 people working over a year or so. Game dev teams now number in the thousands with years of work …

• Quote from AceBladewing: “Who's targeting PVE? I'd like to try them out. ” Hearthstone has PvE content. It's not on the same scale as what Hex was trying to do, but it has it.

• Quote from Raptos: “2. Ban list that actually matters: Do away with the watch list, (which is an excuse for hxe to be lazy) add a limited and semi limited category. (1 of's and two of's respectively.) update it monthly, and unilaterally applied to any and all PVP formats. ” Not going to comment on much, but this is not right. A card can be weak in limited but strong in constructed. Commons can be overpowered in rock, but too weak in standard. A standard card can be broken in the current standard…

• Quote from AceBladewing: “Right, so why are you so sure someone can't do the same with a TCG? ” I'm not, if you read my comment, I said: Quote from Eraia: “Unless someone CREATES a third market, there isn't room for a third big game ” I'm not sure what that third market could be for CGs, honestly. They have a pretty niche appeal due to the high investment required, but I am certainly not saying it's impossible. Just unlikely. There was a time when I figured PvE was going to be that, but now one …

• wtb Cards and Equips

Eraia - - Auction House and Trading

So I had less than I thought, but had an extra of something I didn't expect. Hope that helped. Good luck.

• Quote from AxelDWater: “What should be changed? ” 1) The stance on communication. 2) They need a talented project manager who is willing to make hard decisions. 3) A focus on interesting ways for people to use cards, rather than simply a focus on 'what can we charge for today?' 4) A team of coders that is able to actually implement some of the creative stuff they kept talking about before the Enders did their work too well.

• Quote from AceBladewing: “Quote from Eraia: “I say the same thing to anyone who expects to see another T/C CG make it big as I say to anyone who expects another big MMO: You're unlikely to see any new guys break in as anything more than small fries now that we have two massive successes. Magic holds the heavy competitive market, HS holds the casual market. Unless someone CREATES a third market, there isn't room for a third big game... there'll be small games with medium audiences that'll come an…

• Quote from Obsidian: “People used to think that about MMOs, but FFXIV's recovered pretty well and isn't going anywhere, and Guild Wars 2 has managed to hold it's ground decently well as well. I think the door's open for a good MMO, it's just that a lot of developers don't go into it trying to compete with WoW, and just make something a little more temporary. Valve's big enough to compete with Wizards over TCGs, so if they really try, I could see them succeed. That being said, I still don't know …