Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 377.

• PvE Dead?

Biz - - HEX Discussions

they could have made it the problem is they spent all their resources making bad intro content instead of making replayable endgame content

• Friday Update - The Flash

Biz - - HEX News and Announcements

not going to play these gauntlets have unreasonable waiting times and poor balance hex is too hard to play without scheduled events. play whenever you want = nobody plays

• what did you expect? there have been 0 gameplay changes since the last time siege was dead rewards artificially boosted activity temporarily like rewards always have done

• A point of view

Biz - - Feedback and Suggestions

trying to make mtg 0.5 was doomed they way they did it was only sustainable assuming endless growth of player base. the reality is that 99.999% of games have shrinking player bases 99.99% of games also don't get lots of marketing. why assume that a novice game developer who didn't even have a clue how to correctly label the genre of their game (where the fuck is the mmotcg?) could do any marketing? and without a publisher? they only thought in terms of best case scenario, and you can see that fl…

• Someone trying to jack prices up?

Biz - - HEX Discussions

i used to list lots of my spare cards in the past if enough people were doing that, the prices were lower when limited is dead, there aren't too many people with extra cards (remember that listing copies 5-X is much more attractive than listing copies 1-4). and hex has changed their business model to selling shitty modes (instead of selling cards), so almost nobody is going to have extras because what little activity remains is spent playing shitty modes that don't give you tradeable items and t…

• the free queue had a lot of people without actual immortal decks. i don't think it should cost 500p, but maybe 20p or 50p could be enough incentive to not accidentally join with a starter deck 500p makes more sense if the prize support is there, but it's not. they did the same old temporarily price-inflated cosmetic stuff, so after 5 days of collecting frenzy, the winning move will be to not play immortal gauntlet isn't really designed to get people to play immortal. it's mostly a way to sell th…

• the timer and interface is obviously insufficient for anyone who has played an immortal deck with lots of gems. brought this up long ago. it was ignored. you can troll a player and run down the entire chess clock, but you can't actually play the game as it was designed

• fix your limited formats

Quote from Gregangel: “I don't know.... as writing this comment I am currently doing a Dominaria Competitive draft at $7.5 and a Aetir Revolt quick draft at $3.75 on Magic Arena, games are firing in less than 10 sec even at noon CET.... so the audience exist. ” 10 second wait times don't occur because it's best of 1. 10 second wait times occur because there are thousands of people playing simultaneously you're also being matched with people who didn't have to pay real money to play because they …

there's no audience for even more casual limited formats because the modes are all pay to play. the casual stuff people can play on their phones in tiny chunks is something for the free games with a million players. it would do nothing for hex. $7 entry fee is not casual. even when hex got rid of pods, there was no huge audience that suddenly started drafting a lot because the lack of async was never the obstacle. it was always because $7 is too much, especially when they have a very low chance …

• Quote from Wolzarg: “Turn 1 they fateweave. Turn 2 they fateweave turn 3 they fateweave turn 4 they do combo with protection and fateweave turn 5 they win if you can counter Like again that seems so tame by turn 4 i feel like it should be quite possible to have two answers or a win immortal is quite the powerful format. What deck can't race or beat this and is still competitive? That said any rematching is absolutely horrible to me and i would rather not get a game at all than play the same pers…

• Quote from Wolzarg: “Sounds like it should be easy to beat tho. ” in a properly designed game, sure in a game that mostly plays at sorcery speed where you need to double up on some expensive instant to beat a halt, it's not also the mana isn't even good enough for a 2-color deck, so most of the almost nonexistent hate cards are already starting off as basically unplayable

• Quote from Transience: “I think this type of mode is more geared towards the highly competitive players. 500p seems a very high entry fee for this kind of thing unless you're really in it to gamble and win. I don't quite understand why they removed the free queue since both modes should be able to exist next to each other. ” if I don't qualify as 'competitive enough' to play this mode, it's fucked in a tournament i would never face the same nonsense 3 times. if it was an actual part of the metag…

• played 1 gauntlet. it was garbage repairing against the same players is a waste. i faced the same 57-shard 3-card fateweave clown 3 times. i knew the EV was crap because nobody actually wants the prize packs, but i thought i could at least throw away some currency to play a card game. i guess that was expecting too much it's hard to see the value in paying to play this junk. if it was free i might hop in the queue again and hope to play against actual decks, but i'm not paying 500p for the privi…

• Quote from Obsidian: “there's a definitively right and wrong answer. ” the vote is a tradeoff between increased chances for constructed playability and increased frequency of ruining limited games. it's mostly subjective preference

• What got you/keeps you playing Hex?

Biz - - HEX Discussions

came for a MMOTCG (meaning multiplayer, not a text adventure campaign) stayed for draft stopped paying when they got rid of draft balance is the most important thing for competitive turn-based games, so i play other games when i want to compete hex is capable of making interesting cards, but they aren't good at making competitions. there's probably a very fun game with all the hex cards and deckbuilding, but they'll probably never find it when the modes either have no options (merry melee) or ve…

• Quote from Portensio: “Ill bet 20$ that we will get a thread very soon with the mention Too much current packs into the system makes immortal queue packs worthless They have increased the number of current packs by a good quantity. The intro of the new model of bash and clash have made the packs lose value and immortal giving current packs will have an additional impact. Let’s not forget the cosmic coins. People are accumulating for the board right now, but will go for packs eventually So who wi…

Quote from Eraia: “Quote from Biz: “the MTGO situation is different because they're looking at a wait time of a few seconds for the popular leagues they don't use async for modes that have a low player population (because the wait times are unacceptable) ” Synchronous does not improve wait times.... So let's do some quick numbers here: If Asynch requires 2 people for a match and has a 2.5 hour wait, and pod requires 8 people... how do you think the wait is going to somehow be lower? Is Pod draft…

• Siege Currency Update

Quote from Szimek: “someone should write the book: "New modes and how to kill them". astonishingly bad change. i would write more but with every change like that i care less and less about this game... and looking at the changes like that (that should be an answer for the issues people have with sieges), is it even worth saying anything... ” don't know how to write that book, but i've seen this one 2av8ez.jpg

• Siege Currency Update

Quote from Ossuary: “This is some kind of bizarre joke, right? You guys don't actually think this is going to make anything better, do you? All you're doing is making Siege even more inaccessible, without actually fixing anything. Every single decision you have made in the implementation of this mode and its subsequent updates have been literally the worst possible thing you could do at that point in time. I guess congrats? I don't think I've ever seen a company more tone-deaf and out of touch w…

the MTGO situation is different because they're looking at a wait time of a few seconds for the popular leagues they don't use async for modes that have a low player population (because the wait times are unacceptable)