Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 849.

• HEX: The now and the future

Plotynus - - HEX Discussions

Quote from NyashMyash: “Quote from Plotynus: “But also, MTGA has one thing that is good and Hex should try to emulate if possible: Games are fast! Playing Hex again after playing MTGA is like playing at a different pace. Games are slow, a lot of clicks are involved. Hex should try, if possible, to automatize more things: auto-passing priority if there's nothing to do (and having the option to disable that only if you want) is a good start. Making the first rounds of the game faster will enhance …

• You can have the best game of the history. A perfect code to do whatever you want fast and efficient moving forward... but with no community and a distrust imprinted in the brand, you won't get far. That's why I'm asking/begging/suggesting/whatever that they focus in the short term in improving the current game, make it more enjoyable for people, and develop a realistic communication path to rebuild that link that now is broken. First you need people playing Hex, THEN you can start to think on H…

• S9 Draft Meta

Plotynus - - Strategies and Decklists

One thing that I remember is that going tri-shard is actually pretty viable. And it was a slower set, so if you can aggro nicely, you'll have some kind of advantage.

• Quote from Coyote: “Ok - i logged in, played few games, had so much fun - and got depressed immediately Amazing game, depth and simply fun and so many deckbuilding possibilities. On the other hand clunky, crashes, freezes, insane UIs, delays and matches sooooo long (waiting 5 mins for the oponent to confirm move is insane and after quick games in arena i want to pull the rest of my hair out....) ” This. MTGA has a lot of negative issues. But the pace of the match is not one of them. This is done…

• Just played 2 portal kombat on the merry melee queue and had most fun on it than with all the MTGA games I've played since I left Hex. And found games within seconds. I still can't believe how this VERY LOW hanging fruit is still through a barrier (although now it's free at least!). Imagine what Hex would be with a Challenge room (so even PS4 players can play with their friends) when you can select a mode, a deck (if needed), and just provide a password if you want a private room. And you can si…

Quote from Whiteyzz: “This forum post reeks of things I suggested a long time ago, but people only cared about card value. I'm glad it only took a game being in a comatose dying state for people to change their opinion. A lot of KS features should've been VIP features, but people thought it devalued their KS'er package. Said hey maybe give them more loot from PVE, to help get F2P players to move to the sub. NO BUT THAT'S A KS BONUS Said hey maybe give them more gold from PVE, to help get F2P pla…

• Quote from OzawaWanderer: “I believe the best thing to be done is to give some form of communication that's consistent. There are a lot of us who are mildly intrigued by the notion of Hex coming back but we all have reservations in general. We can't really support a game the ceo promised to revive if all we get is "we're working on 2.0" if the team that's left and Cory actually decide to talk to us I think it'll help. ” well, that's basically what we're saying

Quote from OzawaWanderer: “Quote from Taqo: “Wasn't mean't as negativity, just stating that I LOVE THIS GAME and would back it EVEN IF it would fail again, not saying it would but IF. ” I hope it does com back I love Hex. ” The game is still around. And the focus should be on it, rather than a vague Hex 2 idea. There are a lot of things that can be done to make something with what we have. How on Earth will HXE release a new game in 2 years and have a minimum of people wanting to play after all …

• To be fair, a lot of the negativity in the community could had been handled better by HXE but they decided an awful path and engage a radio silence fight against it. Having a semi-dead game is fully responsibility of HXE. All in all, they took all the decisions they took. Not the community. And here I'm thinking they won't make those mistakes again in a more critical scenario. Well... Maybe I'm a little naive

• Quote from Metronomy: “It is what Velorath writes. I have long moved on from the game. I sold my collection and my total financial investment into hex was around $20 (and I earned over 100 times of that with tournament prizes and by selling cards). There are no hard feelings except maybe about the missed opportunities (@Vroengard: I dont see that statement the way you do....I see it as "we did the best anyone possibly could" and not as "we failed to obtain better information"). The reason I wrot…

So, with @HEXCoryJones finally giving us some vital signs, I think I can finally start to lurk around here more often. I would like to simply say some things about what I think this game could be in the near future and what could become later, and finally, what things I think could be done in the actual scenario. Hopefully other people will come and say their things, and slowly, start to build again some actual discussion into the game. Also, I would love that whoever remains at HXE, read this a…

• Another thing, when the merry melee will be free? Just logged in and it's still at 100p.

• Sorry, one more question, why not just send this open letter to the Hex newsletter? So at least people know what's going on. Not everyone is lurking the sites or the forums.

• Well, the momentum might be lost for Hex, a lot of the community (me included) is gone, and clearly MTGA took the spot as the digital TCG and there's no realistic way to fight against it (although to be fair, I don't really like MTGA as a game model, is just boring and expensive). That being said, the fact that the game still survived and that it could take what's needed to at least keep the servers going and pay the remaining tournaments' prizes talks that something might actually be done. Even…

• Either good news are (finally!) coming or they're about to shut down everything. Well, at least you're getting paid

• So...

I miss Hex man. I mean, MTGA is fine but Hex was far better as a card game and as a client. And artifact sucks. Needed to say that somewhere. I hate you Cory.

• That friday feeling!!!

Hey, if they don't promote the Bash and Clash, those tournaments wouldn't fire due to lack of people... don't be bad.

• Stop caring. They don't care.

• Presentation vs mechanics

One could have some hope if there was anyone working on the game. But everyone went to work on Shards (a game more deemed to fail than Hex if you ask me) and Cory, in the best scenario (and highly unlikely) is just trying to sell Hex to another company.

• Presentation vs mechanics

Answer: It's the playerbase. As a product, today, MTGA is worst than Hex. Both in card quality, client software (although MTGA has some interesting things), and modes availables. Period. However, one it's a success and one is going to die. If the Hex economy was an issue, the MTGA's model is PLAIN worst. The only difference is that it has a "sense of progression" for new players superior to Hex, because they throw you some more packs and gold at the beginning, but they're useless. Also, more pla…