Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 357.

• To be honest, this late in the game it seems more like the thing that you quietly take care of with the people involved directly. You can't really make a post about "And hey, we're paying off year-old debts! Go us!" I mean I guess you can take your victories where you find them, but it does seem best to just handle it quietly. To me, at least. Nobody's going to be impressed with it, and the people that need to know about it have already been contacted more directly.

• I don't know what's going on with that site, but the graphs for 'employees' and 'revenue' are identical. Following similar trends, I could understand, but seriously. Go flip between the two of them. I don't think that site is reporting real data.

• Lack of news

Obsidian - - HEX Discussions

See, I thought I just wanted some weekly communication from Cory, but his Friday Updates were one of the most disappointing things I've seen on forums. They very quickly become about random chatter rather than anything remotely related to Hex, and I stopped reading them after about a month. I don't want random words, I'd like updates or thoughts on the project. I can see now why we didn't get that, of course. So many wasted resources. I only hope at some point CZE decides to sell Hex to someone …

• The dying HEX

Fans of hex should check out the newest adventure mode for Hearthstone. The first chapter's free, so you can check it out without any cost. But they're really expanding these adventure modes. The newest one has a few tavern encounters that let you modify your deck in a style very reminiscent of Hex dungeons. In the plus or minus column, the decks are all pre-built (and get modified/built as you play) so you don't need any collection to fully enjoy the game, but you also can't construct your favo…

• I remember 'buckets.'

• Actually

Didn't check the link, but if it's Hex Entertainment and not CZE, maybe this is their crazy long shot of re-funding Hex? Could be with good intentions. Of course, if that's the case, it would make sense to come here and talk to us about it. So I guess we already know the answer.

• Hex as a curse and Hex as in 'hexagon' are both very simple interpretations. By itself, most people will understand 'hex' as curse, but also understand there is a connection to the number six, if it's appropriate. I would never contend that a game called 'Hex' MUST have to do with the number six, but it could have been a clever nod. Also going to point out that MtG has a card called Hex, which is a curse that destroys six creatures. So yeah, not exactly unprecedented.

• ... It's not that weird that a title would utilize a double-entendre (a thing so common there is a phrase to describe it). Titles in particular frequently have loaded meanings or clever word-play. It's almost bad marketing to name a product that can be ambiguous or mistaken, even. Sure, apparently CZE never intended to take advantage of the other meaning. We pretty much know that now. But as I said, there's no reason they couldn't have been planning it. It'd be perfectly reasonable to reveal a s…

• No reason it couldn't have been both meanings.

• I always theorized we might run into an enemy-only PvE sixth' shard. I mean, it's called Hex. Six only makes sense, and would have been a great plot twist. Color pie could be 'overpowered, because players deserve it.' As for why Blood is called blood instead of a gem, it's part of the lore. While there are three gem-based magic types (Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire), the other two shards are natural magics (Blood and Wild magic) that predated Hex. I never got the impression it was really well different…

• While I don't have solid info on this, I believe it's more than just artwork that's missing. I think they have the cards designed, but not actually coded, which is a significant effort (money) to finish. And while I know about a year ago we all joked about using placeholder art for the set and how terrible that would be because it would literally end the game, I think we're at the point where anything is better than nothing.

• Still smoldering. Every week someone dumps a little bit of garbage into the dumpster, but nobody ever comes to pick it up.

• Hex Discussion

Quote from Ainulindale: “Honestly, the decision to treat PvE as a tacked on minigame for the PvP players to dick around in between drafts and tourneys was what killed the game. They promised F2P World of Warcraft, and instead we got the starter zones and half the classes and no raids. You look at what you can get from playing the Adventure Zones, and it's a handful mediocre cards, most of which are generic crap that don't fit into any good decks. Like Dust Bustard. There are more rares in Set 1 …

• Yep. Multiplayer not only has UI challenges, but play slows down when you're waiting for other human players. Supposedly, not only was there no good UI fix, but it wasn't actually fun.

• Obviously Hex never got around to it. It's a difficult thing to implement, because PvE cards are so powerful. I'm curious how you guys would have gone about implementing raids, in light of the possibility they would be made trivial by powerful decks. Would there be limited or unlimited entry? What kind of rewards would you put behind the raid? How would you handle difficulty? (Hidden Content)

• Hex Discussion

Quote from Pandaemonium: “Quote from Obsidian: “It's far too late for CZE to salvage Hex. They could potentially sell it to another company, but it seems like it'd all depend on whether the slow development rate was due to a bad team or a bad code base. If it's not salvagable at this point, then selling to another company's not feasible either. But I think we all know that eventually the money's just going to run out and the servers will shut off. ” It is not even that, the game has such bad pr …

• Hex Discussion

It's far too late for CZE to salvage Hex. They could potentially sell it to another company, but it seems like it'd all depend on whether the slow development rate was due to a bad team or a bad code base. If it's not salvagable at this point, then selling to another company's not feasible either. But I think we all know that eventually the money's just going to run out and the servers will shut off.

• No, your posts have been caustic for a long time now. Clearly just attempts to bait moderation action. If it's a joke, it's not funny.

• If you post things that legitimately deserve to be deleted, it says a lot more about you than about Dino.

• Don't you have phones?