Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 222.

• Samoyed

• Thronebreaker

BlazingRagnarok - - HEX Discussions

Quote from Gregangel: “you miss on important fact : people in general and particulary on steam are idiots ” True, but sifting out all of the idiots doesn't change the facts of the situation for LOTR LCG, which, frankly, do not look good.

• Out of all of the suggestions on this forum, this is most likely to get implemented.

• Quote from Vroengard: “Quote from Steric: “card(s) ” That's the problem though, isn't it? I'd understand it if it said "card(s)". My gut feeling is that it should check each card independently. Can we get a ruling? ” Cards don't need to have descriptions to accommodate for interactions with others, else text space would be unnecessarily bogged down. Not only that, but the vampire predates the modifiers by two sets. Even altering the text retroactively doesn't make any sense to anybody (i.e. new …

• Once a upon a time

I'm afraid that ship has sailed a long, long time ago. Like, so long ago that you probably should have avoided Hex altogether if the TCG business model bothers you that much. After all, the game sold itself heavily on the fact that it worked so similarly to paper TCGs. The two are different at such a fundamental level that it's impossible to convert between the two. LCGs also lose a lot of elements that draw people to TCGs. Limited, for example, arises from the usage booster packs with randomize…

• I'd like to approach this issue by asking the question: what do I pay for in TCGs? I pay for product, whether that be limited, pre-constructed decks, or simply pack cracking. I pay for prizing, typically in tournaments or leagues. I pay for extras, which means cosmetics in digital games and storage, playmats, sleeves, dice, and other accessories in physical games. What do I not pay for in TCGs? To actually play. Why should I be obligated to pony up if I'm not getting product and don't care about…

• Quote from Morwath: “Hex has many issues that are noticed by old players too. For example, why the hell we have old MTG muligan system, when MTG itself has improved it and HS meanwhile introduced much better muliganing system (read: less frustrating for player); or why we don't have any constructed tournaments on demand; or why Immortal and Rock aren't supported at all outside of a once/two tournaments a week that launch at specific hours, thus they aren't accessible for many players; etc, etc..…

• Quote from AceBladewing: “Reversion is not irrelevant. It proves that the text is part of the BASE card, and should be doubled by empower. ” I don't think we're that far apart here. There's isn't any more to say about how this interaction should work because the OP established that right off of the bat. I'm more interested in what actually can be done to address this. The simple way would just be to rewrite the reminder text for the ability. Actually reprogramming the ability would be a more ser…

• Quote from AceBladewing: “That's how the engine does empower in the background, and explains the behavior we see, but that's not how the ability is described as intended to work. In the article introducing empower it says: "Whenever you play an Empower card, you can choose to pay double its resource cost to double the numbers on the card." The tooltip in game it says: "Transform this into Empowered <card name>, doubling all starting numbers in this card's textbox. Then, double this card's cost, …

• Yeah, empowered cards are actually separate tokens with their own text boxes. All the empower ability does is transform to the empowered token and then double cost, , and . Thus, any abilities added to the card through other cards and equipment will not have their numbers doubled because that isn't actually how the ability works.

• Quote from AceBladewing: “Feral should be stackable like rage imo. Edit: to explain, feral 1 would work like feral today where it requires 1 additional blocker. Feral 2 would require 2 additional, and so on. ” Eh, that would be pretty unintuitive. The "in addition" bit can easily be missed if skimmed, so you'll be left with feral 1 needing 2 blockers and feral 2 needing 3 blockers. It might seem trivial to you, but, believe me, this will be interpreted as a numerical mismatch by a not-insignific…

• This kind of thing works fine in throwback and kismet drafts, but relaxing rotation in constructed would be just too weird. If it were temporary, decks could go from nonexistent to the top of the meta to illegal in a whiplash-inducing period of time. Suggesting a permanent version in a constructed format is deaf to the reason why champs and gems are rotated in the first place. It would restrict design space and accelerate power creep.

• Gave me a good price and honored it even after an AH price spike. Had a great experience, would buy again.

• I...haven't been that successful. 2-3, 1-3, 1-3 as I try to figure out this format (and also get shard screwed, shard flooded, and have massive bombs dropped on me). I've finally gotten a good run going with The Blackberry Knight, who is exactly as strong as I anticipated upon seeing the spoiler.

• Set 9 Chest Info

There's an action that FRA Transmuter gave me that I couldn't find on TCG Browser. I forget the name, but it costs 4 with one diamond threshold, and it gives one of your troops +2/+2, flight, and deathcry-put a random dragon from your deck into play. I'm pretty sure that it's one of the new FRA rewards.

• Quote from icecon: “I voted for it so someone will one day be lucky enough to play a couple shards, play a brown fox scout, play a couple more shards, play a couple more brown fox scouts, play a couple more shards, and so on, and then once the board has been fully scouted, they take an extra turn and win. ” You, uh, you do realize the card doesn't change the one-per-turn limit, right? Having the ability to play the card from a zone other than your hand certainly doesn't change the rule. Not to m…

• Quote from schild: “Quote from Bootlace: “It’s especially surprising to me that 9 sets in we don’t have a specific counter strategy yet (except for the overly fragile Subtle Striker) to champion powers because they’re readily accessible in EVERY game ” this is surprising but the lack of well costed things to counter spells isn't? :thinking: Edit: real talk though, I can't see a world where your card doesn't cost too much to play, also, it screams edh ʘ‿ʘ ” Incidentally, Bootlace's design reminds…

• Quote from Refugee: “I'm personally just not that excited about transforming my opponent into a random champion. Here's how I view the possibilities. They could become ANY champion - The risk of transforming them into something super powerful like an ascended champion is too much. No way I ever play this card. They could become another champion they could have selected before the match - Pretty decent in immortal, seems pretty junk everywhere else. Did they already get to use their champ power? …

• Quote from Utremeld: “Thats not even half of what you need to make them all though ” Yes, assuming that you want a playset of everything, though I suppose it depends on the kind of collector that you are. Some combinations are completely terrible, so heaven knows why you'd want more than one. The ones only useful in limited you'll pick up through, well, limited, so the few constructed-worthy ones will merit most of your attention. While the termini might cause some consternation for obsessive 4-…