Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 148.

• Lack of news

Rendakor - - HEX Discussions

There was a time when people spent money on Hex. Hundreds, even thousands of dollars. A few years ago we started seeing problems going on behind the scenes. First the Gameforge partnership, then that ending and HXE/CZE going solo once more, that whole thing with the artists not getting paid (are we allowed to talk about that? are there even mods who care?), etc. Then we got the "Set 10 is delayed for a little while because reasons" and since then, nothing. All of those things taken individually …

• Just popped in to see if the anniversary had happened yet; forgot that it's next week. Has there been any news on Set 10 or anything going forward? Or just rotating event copypasta?

• A Look Back (I'm Bummed)

Hex isn't anywhere near my top games, and probably not my top card game. I'd have to give that title to MtG, a game I loved but can't really play much because of adulthood commitments. MODO is an awful cesspit, and I'd hoped Hex could scratch that itch but it never really got there. Pod drafting was probably peak Hex for me; changing to asynch killed my desire to go hard in limited, and a lack of proper casual support (Kitchen table, EDH, Wild west, guilds with loaner decks) meant none of my RL …

• Quote from Vroengard: “Quote from AnomalyCobra: “problem with #4, the AI is too abusable to ever be competitive. The only hard matches were due to cheating mechanics. ” I assume he meant that players would compete among each other. Like how WoW guilds were competing for server / world firsts.Also the Siege could 100% been "competitive PvE". Finally I'll remind you that Chris Woods said "We could turn up the AI, but people wouldn't be having fun" (implying that it'd be so good it'd be crashing pe…

• I've said numerous times that even pretending the game is "free to play" sets up false expectations. It should always have had a minimum buy-in, ideally something that provided a decent PreCon for Constructed and a ticket for each of the limited modes.

• Quote from sindharin: “I actually think the company could raise funds from amenable players right now. I started playing hex towards just before the release of set 2 because I only heard about it then. I really regret not being able to do kickstarter and get a collectors tier with the nice AA's and other benefits. I would happily go for something like that right now. Maybe others would also. ” I feel like we're about six months late on them attempting a Kickstarter 2.0 and getting even 25% of wh…

• Quote from Pandaemonium: “That argument is pointless, I am wrong clash was not free at the beginning. I am sorry... But the main point that I guess you dont want to talk about is that the tournaments showed that hex did not have enough players to live off on. I am guessing the average tournament was around 170 players? Does the bot know? Does the bot think that any of those numbers are viable for a company like hex? ” We get it. You're convinced that HXE's PVP focus is what fucked up the game. Y…

• Quote from Angmar: “Quote from Ossuary: “I think it's adorable that there's anyone left who believes the lie that the only thing stopping Set 10 from coming out is the lack of art. It hasn't been coded, either. And there's nobody left TO code it, so it's never going to GET coded. The lack of art was just a less harmful cover story than the truth. Don't be fooled by corporate speak and obvious hype / lies. ” There is no chance in hell set 10 will ever be released. The last update anyone should ex…

• I haven't played in ages; I just wander into the forums once or twice a week to see if we've reached denouement yet.

• Resetting the Stage

Rendakor - - Feedback and Suggestions

They could do a soft relaunch, either restarting with Set 1 and a new business model of some sort or with a Core Set that consists of mostly (all?) reprints to establish a new baseline. Either one requires a big marketing push (probably from TheNewOwners) and ideally a UI overhaul that includes the AH and Chat at a minimum. You reset Standard and Limited to the new baseline, but leave in some token Immortal support for the current players. Ideally this includes some decent casual modes like EDH …

• Shame this ends so soon, I'd love to actually play it with decent life totals.

• Quote from cainhu: “So, your suggestion is to re-release Set 1,2,3,4 after Set 10, instead of a Set 11,12,13,14? Well, that is terrible. Older players with big set 1 collections would play even LESS than now. But I can imagine a new "core" set of a collection of older (set 1-6) cards between Set 10 and Set 11, which would reintroduce many staples, but only those which would not break constructed. ” I assumed the suggestion was to do this BEFORE Set 10, because Set 10 is delayed indefinitely. Lik…

• How far is AZ3 coming?

Gold : Plat exchange on the AH has been something we've needed for years. HXE shouldn't offer it directly (or at least, not pay out plat for gold, I suppose them paying out gold for plat would be fine) but they could go further to support it.

• How far is AZ3 coming?

I'm not sure if they abandoned the idea of AZs or if AZ3 is just taking forever. However, the problem with AZs is that they don't really generate income*. Sure, PVE players buy plat to complete their PVE decks, but there is no recurring revenue stream. Once you've cleared the content a few times, you are unlikely to spend money to build a deck just to see if you can clear it on your Nth character. And the real problem is, adding a new AZ and/or a few new classes only kicks that can down the road…

• It feels like two different things are being suggested by the proponents of the idea. Some folks want to just reprint Set 1, presumably resetting to a meta of just Set 1 with 111 drafts, etc. then do Set 2 (221) and so forth. Other folks want to wipe the servers completely and relaunch from Set 1. The poll should probably be updated to differentiate between these two ideas, since they are miles apart in terms of their impact on the game. Wiping and relaunching is a completely terrible idea that …

• Dino Watch

Admitting that they had laid off/fired their community manager is REALLY bad optics, particularly when they're already being criticized for not paying their artists and not talking to the community enough. If he quit on his own that is less bad, but still the fact that the game's CM has abandoned ship does not bode well. It's certainly an Orwellian line of thought, but that does not mean it is outside the realm of possibility.

• How far is AZ3 coming?

A $20 price tag on Hex that got you your choice of the premium pre-cons in the store currently would have gone a long way to temper people's "f2p" expectations.

• Better than nothing but only just. At least now I might start burning tickets again.

• Siege is shit, and a far cry from what I imagined Keeps might look like. But a few small fixes could at least make it feel like a playable beta: allowing PVE cards and allowing either 0 Gold or maybe 10 Gold minimum listings.

• Allowing attackers to use PVE cards and equipment would be a pretty low-effort fix that would at least make the mode more fun, even if it also trivializes the "difficult" siege decks.