Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 90.

• Quote from Autzen: “Let me preface this by saying I'm kind of a WW2 history nerd. But check out Kards. It's just released, a little rough around the edges, but I think it has some good potential. ” Came here to make that exact post. After the Artifact debacle Kards might be the first dCG since Hex that will keep me interested for more than 2-3 days.

• It's always saddening me to see what an amazing art pool they still have left to use. As much as I enjoy playing Artifact, nothing compares to the art quality Hex had...

• So...this is it I guess. With Artifact going live next week this probably was the last Hex update I'll ever read. Somehow I still had some hope left in me that we'd see some kind of miracle revival but by now we are way past that point. I did enjoy the years I spent playing Hex and while I think Artifact is a pretty clever and interesting game, it won't be what I had hoped for Hex to become one day. See you guys in Artifact or some other TCG yet to come and R.I.P Hex.

• Once a upon a time

Trenzalore - - HEX Discussions

Quote from Portensio: “Quote from Pandaemonium: “The game should have been a ccg, but my argument went by the wayside back in alpha. I was right, I think. Is there a chance that it becomes some weird ccg/tcg hybrid, maybe. But it will never be a buy once and you are done. ” The ccg model did not really exist in that time. It became a thing with hearthstone but Hex was already a kS by then promising trading and value It attracted a lot of people. Being a ccg I would of not even give a penny ” Sam…

• Once a upon a time

Quote from Thoom: “Quote from BlazingRagnarok: “Limited, for example, arises from the usage booster packs with randomized contents as well as set design to support enjoyable formats with random contents, which generally isn't present in LCGs. ” That's a limitation of physical games, because it would be impossible for players to construct properly randomized booster packs out of their collection (because they'd have to know what's in them to meet requirements like having at least one of each shar…

• Once a upon a time

Different pricing models appeal to different players. If everybody pays the same nothing is to be won. I payed $250 for the kickstarter and $70 while we didn't have an auction house. I cashed out several thousand dollars since then. This would not have been possible in a LCG/CCG environment. MTG proved it can work in the real world and when Hex was announced I was a strong advocate of that pricing model myself. I still believe that it can work in a digital environment although it obviously didn'…

• Sums up the thoughts I had when I first read that thread @Lunavi Didn't want to get into a discussion about it because people would most probably just respond by saying "but it's math!!1" CvC obviously had a lot of luck involved but it definitely was way more skill heavy than most people are giving it credit for. Anyway, I played 4 runs of Who's the boss, got a booster out of every run and still won't touch that format again as long as it costs plat to play it.

• Okay so somebody has to say it and I guess this time it's going to be me: Who thought that this mode would be any good for a competitive environment? Don't get me wrong, I think this is another cool mode to add and just like Corinth it's really different and fresh - a mode I'd really enjoy casually. I really love what you are doing with the Merry Melee - those modes are super fun and I'm really looking forward to what you'll come up with next... But come on - asking 100p to play it as gauntlet? …

• Economy and Playerbase

Didn't intend to attack or blame you of anything @icecon, I'm sorry if it seemed that way. I brought a lot of players to Hex over the years and of all those guys only one is still playing (and fun enough that's the only guy I didn't know personally but who just asked for a key on the old boards and I happened to have a spare one). They left for 3 different clusters of reasons: - Game is too complex/I don't like the shard system/It's just a MTG Ripoff/Similar stuff => Those are fine. Not every ga…

• Economy and Playerbase

I fully agree with Nico here. As much as icecon I never had to spend money on Hex (I'm a kickstarter backer though) as soon as the first iteration of the auction house became available. Going infinite in Hex isn't that hard if you are a decent player and that's mainly because the payout structure is so top heavy. Consequently though the people that pay my bills not only had to pay cash for it but they also weren't (and still aren't) rewarded much in the process. If I go 3-0 in a draft I've proba…

• Quote from Yasi: “i think i'm like 40/60 wins in merry melee and i just dont get the same excitement from winning as i do in limited/constructed where the prize structure seems reasonable. merry melee is like i'm recycling my plat...i'm going infinite at the rate of maybe 25 plat an hour. if it was f2p then at least i wouldn't be let down. iono right now merry melee is like a mix of both going infinite at 25p an hour stress inducing and wololo this a fun mode where i can throw 100p at. ” I know …

• Title says it all, I'm looking to sell some booster packs again. 1$ each, payment via PayPal. I usually respond and send the packs within 12 hours, most of the time sooner. Just let me know how many packs of what set(s) you're interested in.

• Quote from Mach: “Quote from StorrowN: “At the end of the day, I don't really care how they do it. Just spice up the limited side of the game, regularly. Don't wait for 3 months after the new set is out. When a new set hits there should be a 2 week stretch of nothing but the new format, not 2 months. Then, resume splashing other formats into the mix to keep people engaged. ” If your normal format is only keeping people engaged for 2 weeks, you have a massive problem with your normal format which…

• Quote from Ossuary: “Agility is definitely something they have proven themselves incapable of, unfortunately. ” Indeed. Incidentally Corinth is the first PvP format that feels unique to me. Constructed/Draft/Sealed all just felt like MTG 2.0 - which isn't bad all by itself, but it gets old every so often. If HXE manages to capitalize more on the digital nature of their game it might yet succeed. Personally, I've played more Hex those last days than I did in quite some time...

• Quote from Ertzi: “Quote from Yasi: “you needa turn 1 blood shard for the incubate, geist, cheap shot, etc... I saw you play wild turn 1 and that's like...pack raptor only. ” Even having to think about stuff like this ruins the entire point of the format in my mind. It's supposed to be random wacky fun, not the deathly cauldron of tactical prowess. Choosing random thresholds is part of the fun! I would love to play this with my friends (or random people), but I'm not touching it with a plat fee.…

• Quote from Eraia: “Quote from Gregangel: “Unless you want the game to become a f2p CCG. If it is what you want just clearly say it. ” I want the game to be successful. I like Hex's mechanics. I think Hex is a fantastic and fun game. If being successful in the current market means moving more towards a CCG, I am 100% okay with that. I do not CARE the business model, I just want Hex to be successful enough that we can get all of the shiny things we want Hex to offer us. ” You know Eraia, I disagre…

• Quote from Thrawn: “I agree with OP on this one. While my 1st preference is to eventually see these as stock modes of the game package, if they go the "premium optional game mode / one time unlock" route, I'd definitely pay for it, and $10-15 is reasonable. I'd file that away like the DLC buys I make in other games. With the amount I send on Hex annually ($600-800), I'm pretty sure almost everyone would classify me as whale, and I would absolutely balk and complain at being asked to pay $50 (you…

• Quote from Shinjica: “Quote from Morwath: “I don't understand why do gems in campaign rotate at all, since basic PvE card pool isn't tailored around "new" gems. ” old gems were too strong and Hex choose to rotate them ” That's true, but the new gems are all but worthless if you don't run prismatic thus making all minor gem troops sub par at best.

• I'm not sure I like the suggestion to be honest. While I agree that fixing is somewhat a problem in EVO/Sealed for Doombringer in "normal" sets its just part of evaluating your pool to take the available fixing into account. Offering tickets like that would dumb down that part of the deckbuilding. So while I agree it would have been a good thing to have for this set, I don't want to have it for non-prismatic sets.

• I'll be blunt here: It's not the communities responsibility to fix the shortcomings of Hex. All the community organized events, leagues and so on are a great thing to have and they've been an invaluable addition to Hex while we still didn't have the technology to offer those formats inside the client. Still, there's absolutely no excuse for not having Rock (and half a dozen other formats) readily available at all times in the client! Half a year ago I proposed to have a Rock queue: What Hex real…