Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 541.

• Where's the option for those of us who think that these new additions are little better than cash grabs that make it obvious that Hex is struggling financially? I've personally predicted that there's some really, really bad news on the horizon. We may get one or two more sets and then I expect a period of maintenance, followed by server shutdown.

• Quote from Morwath: “Quote from Etria: “The question is whether it can be considered exploiting if the interaction/card isn't reported as a bug and it's not obviously behaving in an unintended way (e.g., baby yeti flying instead of having speed). I know you keep saying the just reading the card tells you exactly how something should behave, but that simply isn't true (e.g., corners of the world or the behavior of what a "boon" is and how they are added to cards, which was recently changed, but I…

• Quote from NicoSharp: “So, I am logging in from work to say this... cause it is really bugging me.. Why do we get a set focused on prismatic cards and our rare lands continue to file in line with status quo of each limited block land rares? These lands continue to reinforce that the constructed meta should revolve around dual and mono threshold decks. This is frustrating... Why not design tri-threshold choice that shocks us for not having 4x or 5x combined threshold. I’m continually annoyed by w…

• I agree with the others. A lot of the story elements just seem needlessly cruel to the characters, and I don't think the Merry Caravan is an appropriate balance. They're actually TOO goofy and result in mood whiplash. A better connection to the previous plot would have been nice too. Lixil is the only connecting element I can think of and she was pretty minor in the previous story.

• Quote from Corvus: “Quote from Etria: “Quote from TheBlastedHeath: “From Fiveshards: ” Do we know what the "Terminus" are? ” Terminus troops are the ones created by fusing 2 cards e.g. Bloodstench Terminus is the B/W Lifedrain Crush fusion.Likely the minimum cost is quite high (possibly 4+), but conversely they are likely quite easy to predict. ” There's a few things I'm curious about with the Terminus troops. I may have missed answers, but do we know if: - The order of the fusion matters (i.e. …

• Quote from Artic: “From Hex FB page: 28514874_1213262302144659_5713160442700287017_o.jpg ” This is the kind of card that had me excited when I saw Fusion. Looking forward to the other uncommons.

• I'm fairly confident that Spiderlings don't mature into Vennen. Xentoth has to eat an Orc for each Vennen egg she lays, while cards like Incubation Slave generate a ton of Spiderlings with one Orc. Plus, with the number of Vennen dealing with Spiderlings, that's way too many people in on the "No female Vennen" conspiracy.

• Fusion is amazing. That and fixing FRA means I think I may be re-installing! I'm really excited for some crazy PvE fusion cards. Because a card that drops in the Arena doesn't actually have to be playable by itself. A 0 cost -1/-1 with Indestructible? Sure, why not?

• The new Dream Spider + equipment one-shots Army of Myth. I'm torn on whether I'm happy I'll never have to actually put effort into beating it at level 6 again or disappointed that Spectral Caller will drop in price even further.

• The MVP for Guilds is pretty close to the full implementation. Can you create one and join, invite, list and talk to members? Congratulations, you have a guild system! As a software engineer, I strongly believe that the good idea behind agile has been taken and turned into an excuse to ship buggy and incomplete code. But @DraXor is right here, in that the lack of basic guild functionality is the lowest of low hanging fruit.

• Quote from VicMan: “Quote from Galliard: “Quote from NicoSharp: “Quote from Galliard: “ ” ” And, well, there's a reason people playing kitchen table Magic yell at people who bring combo decks to multiplayer. ” I dont see what you bring that here since it's totally not relevant.I play magic a lot in multiplayer with my friend and if I yell to someone for deck like this (and yes I do) Its because i want to interact with them and play with poeple. Here it's different, first it's 1 vs 1 and not mult…

• Quote from NicoSharp: “Quote from Galliard: “Edit: Nevermind, no good would come from that post. There's not really any point arguing when people are seriously throwing out "Have you tried playing removal?", no matter how good the intentions are. ” Please tell me where the quote, "Have you tried playing removal?" comes from?Are you paraphrasing? Are you just looking for a fight? This has been a habit for far too long, to not be addressed. This has happened quite a bit, with me in particular. I'm…

• Quote from ShinGuard: “Quote from Galliard: “Eraia is exaggerating a bit, but he's ultimately right. Most Elite enemies and Hogarth aren't playing Hex. They're playing a game that shares some mechanics with Hex, but they're not playing the same game as us. We still have to play resources, draw cards, pay for cards, etc. They don't. So to beat them, you have to go non-interactive. My Illuminate deck wins by suddenly having 40 damage worth of Candlekin on the board for a single lethal swing, rathe…

• Edit: Nevermind, no good would come from that post. There's not really any point arguing when people are seriously throwing out "Have you tried playing removal?", no matter how good the intentions are.

• Quote from NicoSharp: “No, perhaps it's just a reading comprehension error. I was saying, decks must lose synergy to include enough answers for a long list of threats. I think I'm going back into no forum post hermit mode, take care dudes ” Hmm, you said in your first post on the page that the entire point was synergy. I guess I assumed you meant that because I find it hard to believe anyone would defend FRA 2.0 while simultaneously admitting most effective decks are janky monstrosities that don…

• Nico, you seem hung up on the idea that it's a lack of synergy that causes people to lose in the arena. It's not. At least not entirely. To use your analogy, sure you need a tent. But that tent also can't leak, must be bear-proof, and needs to only take 90 seconds to setup. Wrathwood Master Camping makes a sweet tent that works great, but if you're camping in Frost Ring National Park the three minute assembly time means you freeze to death. And a firestarter is nice too. There's a really great B…

• I want end-game content to actually involve playing Hex. I despise the Gallows Ghast and Armies of Myth encounters in the campaign, because they're outright cheating. But it's a one and done thing for each character, so whatever. War Bot was the only fight in FRA 1.0 that went this way with any regularity, with Xarlox occasionally being a jerk. There's definitely some Elites that actually interact, like Darkspire Enforcer and Angel of Dawn. But plenty either don't or have such incredibly fast de…

• Quote from Wolzarg: “you are making this so needlesly complicated. The card is in deckbuilder the equips are build requirements. See crusaders. ” So they grant four copies of the card to everyone when they create their accounts? I had thought of that solution, but it's so incredibly hacky and unfriendly to new players that I didn't even bring it up.

• Eraia is exaggerating a bit, but he's ultimately right. Most Elite enemies and Hogarth aren't playing Hex. They're playing a game that shares some mechanics with Hex, but they're not playing the same game as us. We still have to play resources, draw cards, pay for cards, etc. They don't. So to beat them, you have to go non-interactive. My Illuminate deck wins by suddenly having 40 damage worth of Candlekin on the board for a single lethal swing, rather than attacking/blocking/trading like you'd …

• Quote from Wolzarg: “That is an absurd claim. The game can tell if i have 10 unique ardent troops but would fail to find 3 different equips? ” Assuming that the engine can do something it has never done is the absurdity here. It *might* work, but you don't know. Certainly not enough to justify being insulting. I would encourage you to reread my post and ponder the difference between deck validation and functional equipment mechanics. Adaptatron is another example where one equipment duplicates t…