Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 78.

• Set 10

Bawb - - HEX Discussions

Quote from Transience: “It's a shame. I loved Hex. As a game it was great, truly. I've gone on to play Arena, never thought I would enjoy that but it's ridiculous how good it is. That could have been HEX. They had a top client and a well designed game (minus the obnoxious RNG mechanics), they just had to make the economy different than it is so it was cheaper to play. This game could have survived long term, I'm sure of it. ” Hex's PvE aspects, story and art combined with the client and smooth g…

• Quote from CoSVII: “Well top 64 for both is 128 ... however we didn’t have nearly 64 players even MAKE cosmic in limited .... so yea. ” Well tbf the queue at a high rank in limited in Hex probably takes as long as completing a whole draft in MTGA, so I get why not even 64 people can find the patience to wait that long

• Overdue Tournament Prizes

Bawb - - HEX Discussions

Isn't there some legal action you could undertake? They have had enough time to pay, but what's even more ridiculous is the fact that they just completely ignore you in hope it just blows over and you give up... Truly disgusting behaviour and they shouldn't get away with it.

• Quote from Vroengard: “Quote from CoSVII: “New low! .20 real money for “2.00” pack .... inflation of in game currency is real. ” Probably one of the reasons they stopped the B/CLashes. People used the platinum to buy packs and sell them for so low that no one needed to buy plat anymore.Which also makes the lack of trade with the PS4 a brilliant scheme. No losing platinum purchases from that front.. ” But trade is on its way! Probably only a few months after PS4 release. You know, just like all t…

• Presentation vs mechanics

Bawb - - HEX Discussions

MTGA is far from perfect, but has improved a lot over the past few months. When I first logged in, only quick match was available and I with the wipe incoming I didn't play much. 3/4 months later and draft, sealed, singleton, and competitive constructed are all available next to quick play. So that's a ton of additions to the game already in a few months. If they continue adding features every few weeks MTGA should have a bright future, giving many different CG players a mode they will like. The…

• Quote from Ossuary: “Honestly, their silence and stubborn refusal to engage with the community has done more damage than even all of the terrible decisions and poor implementation of the last several features. It shows they don't value their playerbase (whether they intend it or not). It's insulting, dismissive, and petty. Even now, I think a lot of people would be willing to forgive their missteps and go back to waiting patiently if they would just talk to people honestly and genuinely - no emp…

• Quote from Angmar: “I present the engineering wonder that is flashback drafts. imgur.com/a/vaeRrn8 Notice in the corner where is says pick 35 of 51. THAT'S PACK 3 PICK 1. And somehow this is the set of cards I was given to pick from. ” Well damn, this is so sad and hilarious at the same time. I've played a few late alpha/closed beta (card)games by now and even the late alpha games didn't have bugs like this. Sometimes cards were unplayable or infinite loops could happen (which were also often fi…

• Just relax guys! Judging from Cory's twitter feed Hex is in good hands. It seems he's actively working on a new reward structure of tournament prices and they will be changed from cash/plat prizes to handcrafted trophies by Hex employees themselves! ... wait nvm. The trophy is ment for playing a Cryptozoic boardgame. Who wants to bet that they're actually playing it during their working hours instead of working on Hex? Edit: Ban for snarky comment probably incoming in 3, 2, 1... (at least then I…

• I caught the Hex itch again last weekend (yeah call me crazy given all the latest news), so I might be interested in buying a few hard-to-obtain mercenaries from you, Havoc! The AH is kind of a wasteland a.t.m. when it comes to mercs sadly. Just wondering if you accept plat or only Paypal? I got a bunch of plat left to spend on my account so if you accept that I'd rather use that instead of PayPal. Let me know:).

• I agree that compared to the other classes Mage feels a bit weaker and has a little less variety in deck-building (Not many clear tribe choices to make except the elemental one that sucks). However, the campaign isn't that hard except for a few encounters, and I'm a sucker for flavourful decks, so of course I also played a mage through the campaign! It's a new way to play, and even if it's weaker than other ways, I still thoroughly enjoyed my playthrough with mage. That should be reason enough t…

• Quote from NicoSharp: “Thanks for triggering residual depression. ” My thoughts to self every time I do my weekly forum visit, secretly hoping there's some good news on the horizon for PvE.

• Adventure Zone 3?

Bawb - - HEX Discussions

Quote from Morwath: “I would be happy, if I could use my campaign champions in FRA... ” Yeah a lot of PvE players have been asking for this. My guess is they won't allow it because there are a few mercs who are so OP they would clear the FRA way faster than what is possible currently. A real shame to be honest. Another thing I was thinking about myself is that more and more card games are focussing on PvE. Slay the Spire is a very good example which is completely PvE driven (and loads of fun wit…

• I don't think it's related to either language issues or gambling laws, at least for the Netherlands. I'm from NL and practically every game released here is in English and only children's games have a Dutch language option. And if there were strict gambling laws A LOT of other games shouldn't be available in these countries (BattleFront, Fortnite, Fifa etc) but they are.

• Here Comes the Doom

Bawb - - HEX News and Announcements

The spoilers so far look awesome! I'm digging the new mechanics much more than the ones released in the previous set, so i'll be doing an evo run here and there again if the core commons are indeed enough to make reasonable 2-shard decks. Also many thanks to you guys that addressed the FRA and i'm looking forward to the changes!

• MTG Arena (new dTCG from WotC)

Bawb - - Off-topic

I finally got beta access to this game as well and i'm enjoying so far. Fast paced, reward structure seems ok-ish, and since only the latest set is in the beta the metagame is relatively simple. Wonder how they will implement drafts though, the game mode I will probably play the most.

• Ardor Day 2018

Bawb - - HEX News and Announcements

the PvE card for this event seems really fun and i'll be definitely returning to get it and create some fun decks with it! Sacrificing cards like Trufflehead after giving him lifebound could create some hilarious scenarios. Or getting spamming shroompin and drawing cards each turn with shroomkin stowaway together with Fungus Liberation Front. Finally a way to try and get that card to work.

• Hex AI Discussion and Theories

Bawb - - HEX Discussions

Quote from Darklight: “The example that took me down this line of thought was that, with the most recent Set, the AI has begun self-milling in encounters where it uses Mill decks. Which is a very stupid play, barring specific circumstances. However, I also know there was a recent 'Self-mill' deck for FRA runs. What if the clever Hex AI saw enough people running the self-milling decks enough times that some switch was flicked and the AI now 'knows' that self-milling leads to victory? Basically, a…

• MTG Arena (new dTCG from WotC)

Bawb - - Off-topic

Quote from Hevka: “I see no point to discuss any offsprings of MTGO without trading cause they will close it in 1-2 years like EVERY other game so far... ” Its not an offspring though. It's the same game mechanically speaking obviously, but the comparison ends there. It's build on an entirely different engine, which seems to be way more efficient & practical than the one MTGO uses. Next to this, it's waaaay more polished and looks really nice (even though Hex looks better imo), whereas MTGO look…

• Quote from Foxhold: “Furthermore, because of the inherent competitive nature of PvP, unpleasant and nasty players will gravitate toward it, rather than PvE, or at least PvP will make people become this way. It has to. Obviously this isn't true of everyone, or even anywhere near the majority, but the simple fact is that you will find far, far, far more rude, obnoxious, and downright unpleasant people in PvP than you will in PvE. It's not even really comparable, the differential is so great. ” Wel…

• I think it's quite hilarious and sad at the same time that this forum ultimately is the same as every other gaming forum. Except that 'gg ez noob fuck u scrub git gut lulllzzz PogChamp Rekt' is replaced by a semi-civilized walls of text full of fancy words.