Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 110.

• Fight of the Week

Zubrin - - Entertainment and Tech

youtube.com/watch?v=jzr0a0sKn6Q I never listened to it dubbed before and must say that I enjoy the sub better, but man did the series know how to do music right. THere are probably better scenes, maybe spike v. vicious, but this one was a great introduction to the series and characters.

• Fight of the Week

I haven't watched a scene from kill bill in such a long time; I completely forgot about the 70s sound effects. Not a fan. The composition of the O-ren Ishii fight feels a lot better. Feels way more deliberate and has several nods to its predecessors in a scene that has very little actual fighting.

• Hi All, If you happen be on during the next few FSWS tournaments, can you take a screenshot of the final standings and post it on this thread? I have historically relied on hexpvptools for results, but we are sadly without Fred's work, time, patience, and expenses anymore. The first tournament happens at 2am my time and I won't be up. So, I would appreciate any help in capping the results so I can pay the winners reliably. If I am able to get the results myself, I will post it here as well so I …

• Fight of the Week

Quote from Goliathus: “(Have to double post because of the 10,000 characters limit) Now, for my entries: youtube.com/watch?v=Ek7wOYc4uKQ I just happened to walk into this fight searching for scenes on a Chinese streaming site. I wanted to watch the Samurai X movies but didn't get to so far so I am sort of spoiling myself out of this way. Either way, I like samurai-themed movies and there's not a lot of them with long duel. I can totally understand that though and their classical style of samurai…

• A capitalist pigdog

• Fight of the Week

youtube.com/watch?v=eDr1MD2a1aM

• Hi green420machine, I am looking back over my message history and I see that I asked for you to receive the money, but did not get confirmation that you did in fact get it. So, I will try to process that again tomorrow. My apologies on the very long delay!

• I followed up and it is now in your account.

• No worries. It is a bit of an odd system in a few points and us communicating it only through the website leads to some understandable confusion. My apologies on the delay on getting the plat, but hopefully that will be resolved tomorrow. I am sending a note now so it will be seen when people get in.

• It will work itself out. Eraia has the right of it. To give PSN people plat, I have to coordinate with Hex. I won't be able to get direct contact until Monday and, if all goes well, it processes pretty quickly at that point. So, I hope you will have it by the end of day Monday. Also, everyone has been paid for every tournament they have been in for FiveShards tournaments.

• A Look Back (I'm Bummed)

Zubrin - - HEX Discussions

Quote from icecon: “Hex is the best game I ever played and ever will play. I've already told my guild, once done with Hex, I'm done with gaming. Nothing in gaming will come close to the intellectual challenge and amazing company that was enjoying peak Hex. If you have rich friends, please convince one of them to buy this thing and fix it up. ” I can't imagine being a serious content producer for another game; for me, it took quite a bit.

• Me: Post historical tournament data Panda: "Those were also free tournaments" Me: No, one wasn't. Panda: Who cares? I mean, you brought up the distinction between free and paid, so you obviously care. When confronted on the misleading statement, you decided that the point that you solely brought up, didn't matter. So, great job making two posts that you declared to be pointless. I do recognize where you have moved the new goalposts to be for this argument that you are making, but who cares?

• Quote from Pandaemonium: “Those were also free tournaments when the game had the potential of being the next big thing. I am sorry but hex should have realized years ago that a hardcore tcg was not viable. It drastically underestimated how many people were sticking around not to make $@×/# money on a tournament but having a fun game. ” Thank you for subcribing to Hex Tournament Facts. Your Hex Tournament Fact: The Hex Clash was not a free tournament. Press 2 to unsubscribe to tournament facts.

• Quote from Draconix: “Really. Not one of you said the cake is a lie. Not one. I had to log back in and do it myself. I'm very disappointed in all of you. ” Post #8 in this thread: Friday Update - Cake is Good

• Quote from Vroengard: “Is @Zubrin doing ok? His last 10-20 posts are all completely off-topic, talking about Rome, economic topics, books, other games. Are we witnessing the birth of Zubrin"the distractor"-bot? ” Thank you for subcribing to Hex Tournament Facts. Your Hex tournament fact: The largest competitive, non-test tournament in Hex's history was the December 18th, 2016 Platinum Plunder. It had 572 entrants and Ratticus was the winner. The second largest is a tie between the Radiant Rumble…

• Thank you for subcribing to Hex Tournament Facts. Your hex tournament fact: When setting up the Arcanum Vault, there were two competing names as to what to call the series. The theme was that it was kid of like raiding a dungeon/chest/vault of goods and were fighting to get as much loot as you could. The two finalist names were Arcanum Vault (championed by Penta) and the Loot loot (championed by me). Ultimately, the tournament design and idea was Penta's and his preferences carried the day (ther…

• Looks like it was a great game for its time. 2012 was the start of my tenure track job, so there was little chance I would be going to far out of my typical genres to try something new and I think I played less then. The next year was the hex kickstarter, and hex became life. If it came out now, I probably still wouldn't pick it up. Looks good, but probably isn't for me right now either.

• My copy of the Yale Book of Quotations has Rita Mae Brown saying it in her 1983 book, Sudden Death, but Quote Investigator puts a version of it as being from an Narcotics Anonymous pamphlet from 1981. I'm willing to buy the QI origin, I just don't know much about the website. My copy of the YBQ is 2006, so maybe I should get a newer one soon. Such a good book. I'm willing to believe also that NA created the modern iteration of the saying and Brown popularized it. Interestingly, Google's ngram sh…

• Quote from Ertzi: “Quote from Pandaemonium: “Quote from CoSVII: “5 players in Bash this Sunday and 11 on Saturday. This the premier constructed weekly tournament. Next step 1 player like singles night? Shouldn’t some thought be made at this point to address the diminishing and diminutive numbers of your constructed scene and at least address the players concerns? Because business as usual ... we know where that leads. ” Dont you know how hex works? They do the same thing over and over again beca…

• Hi Soulcharger, When I sent out prizes this week, I somehow missed the results of this tournament. We can't mail this directly to you, but the 10,000p should now be in your account. You will not have a notification. My apologies!