Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 364.

• Quote from Ertzi: “Thank you for the link to that article. Great read. It lead me to this one, which is also pretty interesting in my opinion. ” Nice article altough I don't really agree with the conclusion it seems to make of having to pick between casual and competitive (although the split in priority definitely could be shifting). They just announced a big push for esports status so I don't think they're exactly trying to push out the pros, it's just that the concept of having offline tournam…

• So to put another nail in the MTGO coffin, MTGA is embraced as the new digital esports platform. MTGO market prices keep declining to new lows and is as expected getting phased out. Will Wizards keep the servers on Hex style or offer redeem options in MTGA? Tune in next year to find out. Hearthstone's new expansion seems fun until you run into a Rexxar Hunter for the 10th straight game. Smash Bros Ultimate adventure mode giving me Hex Adventure Zone vibes. You got the oveworld node puzzles (even…

• Quote from AxelDWater: “Let's say Hex gets a second chance. What should be changed? ” I'm gonna indulge this question since I'm a sucker for brainstorming about this stuff: 1) We need new blood so a tablet version is key. Last we heard is that not much extra work needed to be done after PS4 port to bring to tablet, so I hope this is what Chris has been working on last few months. 2) The current monetization model should be changed to a TCG/CCG hybrid similar to Pokemon TCGO where TCG fans can ke…

• Quote from Goliathus: “I mean, Blizzard has turned non-card gamer Blizzard Cultists into card gamer(or "card gamer", if you don't think anyone who plays HS only deserve to be called one). ” This is a good point and I think every big gaming franchise can have its own CCG if they take the same approach that Blizzard did in that they made it VERY simple to get into for a non TCG gamer (but ofc still with plenty of depth) and they made the card game actually play like the game it's based after. When…

• Quote from Obsidian: “I see a loooot of people on their forums getting hung up on a $20 initial cost and then microtransactions in game. It's baffling how many people don't understand that the initial purchase is just a frontloaded batch of the microtransactions you'd make later in the game. I believe MTGO STILL does this, with an initial $10 buy in and then you get 10 free tickets. It's actually a good strategy to get people that are interested actually invested in the game and get their money …

• I really don't understand what Artifact were thinking: 1) It's got an initial paid cost (huge initial barrier). 2) It's the most complicated recent TCG I've seen 3) It doesn't seem very streamer friendly 4) The TCG business model is out of fashion and they don't even seem to allow direct P2P trading Sot it's definitely not doing a good job targeting the HS crowd, and not sure why anyone into MTG would prefer artifact over either paper/MTGO/MTGA. I also don't think DOTA fans will be able to play …

• Sadly as companies grow they lose the edge that made them great in the first place. They also try to target to the masses and lose the niche appeal of dark mature content like Diablo 1+2. Suits and marketing folks start making decisions, decisions that are completely out of touch with the core playerbase. They go for safe sequels and proven business models instead of trying new things and innovating like they once did. All of this is happening at Blizzard. I had high hopes for a next gen MMO fro…

• I'd personally like someone to take the best parts of the game to create a roguelite dungeon.

• Whoever finished first in the ICS, pm me with your IGN.

• Was reading the comments on the review on Gwent's single player game "Thronebreaker" (which scored a 9 somehow) and saw someone say: Quote from Gamespot: “Only CDPR can make a card game into a well made single player...RPG? Dayum ” Someone luckily corrected him just below, but not referencing the game I expected, instead talking about Slay the Spire. And then I've been playing MTGA recently after like a 10 year break from MTG and the only new interesting innovation they seem to have added in thi…

• Quote from MtgCollector: “What a fucken prizes in immortal champ? Why no change prizes structure? 1-16 places have +/- equivalent prizes. Nice joke. ” With everything going on, this is what you're complaining about? Nice joke indeed.

• Presentation vs mechanics

Bootlace - - HEX Discussions

Launch periods aren't great indicators to go by. You can get huge numbers on brand power and marketing dollars alone. Let's see how it fares ((and whether it can sustain huge playerbase) when people realize it's not as F2P friendly as it seems at the start. Polish is not on the level of HS but probably eclipsed Hex in many areas in terms of UI especially. I tried making a deck to play on the ladder but junky decks cost as much as any top tier one due to the wildcard system. I can't even make a R…

• Quote from Metronomy: “Quote from Mach: “Quote from Eraia: “Yes, there have been a lot of examples of them TRYING to do things we've asked for... but I cannot think of a single example in the past year where they didn't pull the whole 'evil genie' act and give us what we asked for but in the worst imaginable way. Even the flashbacks. ” Immortal gauntlet? ” Oh yeah..that was a total success story. Not a single immortal gauntlet finished for the last 2 weeks. Some people asked for immortal gauntle…

• Following the near apocalyptic events in Doomsbringer, the Primals banded together to save Entrath from its death by warping time and essentially creating an alternate timeline back to where it all started going wrong, the beginnings of the Ardent v Underworld war. In order for history not to repeat itself, the Primals created a new element called Fatebreaker and sprinkled it across the four corners of Entrath. This new element doesn't work in the same way that the shards do and combines with th…

• Sad to hear that Hex is not in a sustainable state in its current form. I appreciate that @HEXCoryJones is still trying to make things happen when many would have just given up by now. I think at this stage the remaining resources need to be used to try a drastic new approach. A few ideas off the top of my mind on what could be done: -Reduce set size and rollout timeline. These large set sizes full of draft chaff and useless cards need to be cut out at this point. Putting the cost and developmen…

• youtu.be/Djfb6xyLoJk?t=35m5s

• Pretty cool mode overall. Biggest gripe was the hand size getting too big and having trouble tracking which new cards came into your hand and navigating your way around your hand becomes difficult. Some hand UI with a scroll bar might be better once the hand goes above a certain size IMO.

• @Metronomy you realize cosmic coins are essentially just packs but just fractionalized. So asking for cosmic coins in constructed gauntlet is essentially just asking for more rewards to a mode that’s already very friendly EV wise, so much so that people were wondering whether HxE shut it down because it was too generous. I guess you could have altered the prize structure and removed some actual packs and added a chance at a pack (cosmic coins), but that just doesn’t make sense outside of a Famil…

• The Immortal Gauntlet has been in the works for some time now, personally really excited for the future of Immortal and hope everyone else is as well. Our Immortal Page has been updated with the new set-up in case you need a quick reference. We also have a small giveaway going on here, if you'd like to share your excitement and maybe win one of the top Immortal decks in the process. Finally, reminder the next Immortal Championship is on June 3rd and hope to see everyone there!

• Just want to touch a bit on the fun you did have trying to find the best optimization of how a deck can kill itself the fastest, which I’ve heard from a few people. This is at the root of what makes PvE interesting, giving you interesting problems and allowing you to solve them in fun unique ways. There’s a sense of co-operation when you try to come up with answers to these with friends, guildmates, or maybe random strangers on a chat as you have done. And yes, it gets somewhat boring after havi…