Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from Obsidian: “Man, everyone's so angry they have to pay for their games. Almost everyone leaving a negative review just wants to grind gameplay for cards at whatever crawl Valve sets. Valve respected their customer's time by making a no-grind, no BS game and they're getting slammed for it in reviews. "Artifact just wants all the money!" while a playset of every card in the game's like, $200. And that's on release. As more packs get opened, cost of cards is going to plummet. It's ridiculo…

• My expectations have officially exactly reached reality. I no longer feel any disappointment about these updates.

• Quote from JazzfanTwentySev: “I think it could be done with a minimum of effort really. The passives could simply be effects from existing cards. Say you want to highlight a new mechanic of ... Verdict. Say fully half of your dungeon is devoted to verdict decks. Passive #1 - Whan you play a spirit then verdict. Passive #2 - Verdicts are ancient verdicts. Passive #3 - When a minion with 5 or more attack attacks verdict. Passive #4 - Start the match with a Spirit of retribution in play. Minions do…

• Quote from Pandaemonium: “Alot of changes people have recommended are very simple and shoudnt take too much effort. The most complicated decision I like is having drafts fire hourly rather than on demand. Either the company doesnt like money or they are telling people to move on in a passive aggressive way. ” Or their project management skills are as bad as their understanding of what people want... oh wait, that answer is just way too realistic...

• Quote from Ossuary: “Companies like EA and Activision have also done a really good job of brainwashing people into believing costs are high with all their rhetoric so they can hide their actual clients' (the investors) profits inside those "very high" costs. It's not the development that costs so much, it's the corporate greed. ” That's not entirely fair. Many SNES games were made with teams of 20-30 people working over a year or so. Game dev teams now number in the thousands with years of work …

• Quote from AceBladewing: “Who's targeting PVE? I'd like to try them out. ” Hearthstone has PvE content. It's not on the same scale as what Hex was trying to do, but it has it.

• Quote from Raptos: “2. Ban list that actually matters: Do away with the watch list, (which is an excuse for hxe to be lazy) add a limited and semi limited category. (1 of's and two of's respectively.) update it monthly, and unilaterally applied to any and all PVP formats. ” Not going to comment on much, but this is not right. A card can be weak in limited but strong in constructed. Commons can be overpowered in rock, but too weak in standard. A standard card can be broken in the current standard…

• Quote from AceBladewing: “Right, so why are you so sure someone can't do the same with a TCG? ” I'm not, if you read my comment, I said: Quote from Eraia: “Unless someone CREATES a third market, there isn't room for a third big game ” I'm not sure what that third market could be for CGs, honestly. They have a pretty niche appeal due to the high investment required, but I am certainly not saying it's impossible. Just unlikely. There was a time when I figured PvE was going to be that, but now one …

• wtb some rare Goods

Eraia - - Auction House and Trading

So I had less than I thought, but had an extra of something I didn't expect. Hope that helped. Good luck.

• Quote from AxelDWater: “What should be changed? ” 1) The stance on communication. 2) They need a talented project manager who is willing to make hard decisions. 3) A focus on interesting ways for people to use cards, rather than simply a focus on 'what can we charge for today?' 4) A team of coders that is able to actually implement some of the creative stuff they kept talking about before the Enders did their work too well.

• Quote from AceBladewing: “Quote from Eraia: “I say the same thing to anyone who expects to see another T/C CG make it big as I say to anyone who expects another big MMO: You're unlikely to see any new guys break in as anything more than small fries now that we have two massive successes. Magic holds the heavy competitive market, HS holds the casual market. Unless someone CREATES a third market, there isn't room for a third big game... there'll be small games with medium audiences that'll come an…

• Quote from Obsidian: “People used to think that about MMOs, but FFXIV's recovered pretty well and isn't going anywhere, and Guild Wars 2 has managed to hold it's ground decently well as well. I think the door's open for a good MMO, it's just that a lot of developers don't go into it trying to compete with WoW, and just make something a little more temporary. Valve's big enough to compete with Wizards over TCGs, so if they really try, I could see them succeed. That being said, I still don't know …

• I say the same thing to anyone who expects to see another T/C CG make it big as I say to anyone who expects another big MMO: You're unlikely to see any new guys break in as anything more than small fries now that we have two massive successes. Magic holds the heavy competitive market, HS holds the casual market. Unless someone CREATES a third market, there isn't room for a third big game... there'll be small games with medium audiences that'll come and go, but we're unlikely to see another BIG p…

• Quote from AnomalyCobra: “Quote from Eraia: “I bought into Hex's pve potential pretty hard... I don't think I'm likely to get into another tcg/ccg for a long time to come. Things like Slay the Spire or Children of Zodiarcs... but a full fledged tcg/ccg? I doubt it. Between the fact that living up to the dream of Hex will be hard, and the fact that the way this happening has just left such a sour taste for me, it just seems unlikely. ” haven't played slay in a long while, have they added new stuf…

• I bought into Hex's pve potential pretty hard... I don't think I'm likely to get into another tcg/ccg for a long time to come. Things like Slay the Spire or Children of Zodiarcs... but a full fledged tcg/ccg? I doubt it. Between the fact that living up to the dream of Hex will be hard, and the fact that the way this happening has just left such a sour taste for me, it just seems unlikely.

• wtb some rare Goods

Quote from Gwynen: “heya, that would be awesome:-) ” Crap... I forgot. Work was kind of crazy and it just completely slipped my mind... sorry... sending myself an e-mail to try to remind myself tonight... lol Forgot how long patching takes... ran out of time before it finished lol. But it's patched now at least lol

• wtb some rare Goods

I'll try to remember to log in long enough to check my collection to see if I have any spares... I know I don't have spares of Angel of Foresight(one of the last things I spent money on this game was buying enough plat to buy four of these off the AH and, in case I ever do play again, I can't do without them lol), the equipment, the Oak, or the mercs... but I might have witch/tracker/mage.... not sure.

• I have two questions for you guys.

Eraia - - HEX Discussions

Quote from Dekroma: “This thread... being about actually playing the game... legit about broke my heart Fuck. ” I miss playing the game, and threads like this reinforce that... just... I don't miss it enough that I'm going to support their current attitude of non-engagement by bolstering their numbers.

• They never gave us any form of social features at all(other than one of the worst chat interfaces around), they didn't add any form of realistically replayable content to the pve, there was never any co-op or the like, and they never really leveraged their pvp crowd in any faesible way other than to try to squeeze money out of them a bit at a time. If they'd built these 'merry melee' modes 2 years earlier and made them free to play for everyone with just a simple 1v1 queue interface, things may …

• Quote from Ertzi: “I find it hilarious that people are so upset about this. Big corporation does what makes them the most money, what a shocker. It was just a matter of time. Just don't buy the game. Vote with your wallet and don't buy Blizzard games, if it is that important to you. I wish HEX had announced beforehand that it will kill all PVE development soon after launch, so I could have ignored it. This game will be shit, ignore it. You haven't spend a dime on it yet. The world is full of shi…