Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 327.

• Quote from Vroengard: “Quote from Obsidian: “It's a card game, but you buy randomized decks as a whole and play with that, making it kind of like a sealed tournament game. ” What the f_? So changes to decks are illegal? And they have enough different decks, and I mean REALLY different, not "2 copies of X, 3 copies of Y on Deck1 but 3 copies of X, 2 copies of Y on Deck2" kind of different for everyone that will play this game? It sounds terrible. Is this model a thing? ” There are about 350 cards…

• Quote from Vroengard: “Quote from Goliathus: “So, we discussed Artifact in the last thread. What should we discuss here? ” Anyone's got any info on Keyforge? I read some comments praising it. But I haven't had time to really look into it. I don't think it has a digital port, but I read that it will eventually will? And your paper collection will reflect your digital collection (or, rather, vice versa)? ” I've demo'd and played it at my store. I highly doubt it would appeal to most players here. …

• I don't get the title. Why call out the month instead of the week for Spell Warz? Is something going on this month? Is it a reference to something I'm not familiar with? What's draconic about this month? Also, I find it ironic that, now that we've hit the point where even though there's no news that could be worse than our current situation, we still can't get any actual communication. Like, this should be the easiest time to talk about anything. Bad news, worst news, whatever. Nobody cares, we …

• People used to think that about MMOs, but FFXIV's recovered pretty well and isn't going anywhere, and Guild Wars 2 has managed to hold it's ground decently well as well. I think the door's open for a good MMO, it's just that a lot of developers don't go into it trying to compete with WoW, and just make something a little more temporary. Valve's big enough to compete with Wizards over TCGs, so if they really try, I could see them succeed. That being said, I still don't know much about Artifact, a…

• I see a loooot of people on their forums getting hung up on a $20 initial cost and then microtransactions in game. It's baffling how many people don't understand that the initial purchase is just a frontloaded batch of the microtransactions you'd make later in the game. I believe MTGO STILL does this, with an initial $10 buy in and then you get 10 free tickets. It's actually a good strategy to get people that are interested actually invested in the game and get their money out of it by buying pa…

• Quote from Cernz: “Tbh i did enjoy the artifact gameplay, and i prefer tcg € model over ccg pseudo f2p too. Artifact will be fine, esp. since valve will host lots of huge cash tournaments, at least thats what i think. ” Well, their $1,000,000 just sounds like a bigger version of hex's $100,000, which was ultimately pointless. If you don't have the product, throwing money at players doesn't do anything. I did notice that they're trying to court the Hex players by specifically mentioning custom to…

• Does anyone know if Artifact is planning on having at least a decent AI and/or single-player campaign? I'm willing to give the game a shot, but if it's just playing against other players, I'll give it a pass.

• A lot of things contributed to the ultimate end of Hex. Gameforge was a pretty bad name to bring in to the mix, but in retrospective, they probably did a lot more good for hex than harm. Cory did always seem to be able to control the monetization and design of the game, so they seemed to act more as an investor than anything else. The big problem with them, though, and it was a big one, was the fact that data was stored on German servers, and that led to many people getting their accounts wiped …

• If it's 1 per turn, then quick spells can help give you an opportunity to even the field as second player. They can T1 walking calamity, but you can play removal or a quick spell of your own. Eternal Guardian seems good.

• That's too bad. I do enjoy puzzles, so it might still be worth checking out eventually for me, but I guess I'm still waiting for a good digital card game rpg. With both Hex and Thronebreaker visible now, maybe some other company can start forging a really good blend successfully. It seems like it might be a growing genre, and Thronebreaker might give it the popularity needed to produce something really good.

• Overdue Tournament Prizes

Obsidian - - HEX Discussions

My assumption after reading this is that "The Hex Team" (Cory, Dino, and maybe someone else?) routinely pull up the bank account for Hex to check to see if they can pay out the remaining cash prizes. Maybe estimate the timeline for paying out the next ones, the order in which to pay them, etc. Then leave Hex until next 'check in.' The game will run until Hex has fulfilled it's financial obligations, maybe a little longer if they can keep the servers up effortlessly, but that seems like one of th…

• Let me know. I watched a couple hours of Day9 playing Thronebreaker and just kind of lost interest. The mechanics really didn't look engaging to me, since it seemed like a lot of cards couldn't interact with each other? But if you find it holds up well over time, I might give it a shot.

• That friday feeling!!!

Obsidian - - HEX Discussions

Quote from Ertzi: “The thing is, the core rules of MtG are kinda the best card game mechanics ever invented. The game itself is going in a very boring direction today in my opinion, but oh boy are the rules themselves along with all the ways to interact golden. I would in fact want exactly MtG rules, but in a stand-alone universe where you need to collect cards by adventuring and buying them somehow, where you gradually make better decks. ” I think I saw a kickstarter for a game like this like f…

• Quote from eddatog: “Quote from Obsidian: “Alternative: They don't want to shut down servers because then people can't continue playing, so they don't announce a server shutdown. They don't have funds to continue development, but at least they don't have to shut down. It's a little disingenuous to say there's so much more to come, though. I still think they should just offer free drafts to get people to log back in and revitalize the game. Unless that income's the only thing keeping the lights o…

• Alternative: They don't want to shut down servers because then people can't continue playing, so they don't announce a server shutdown. They don't have funds to continue development, but at least they don't have to shut down. It's a little disingenuous to say there's so much more to come, though. I still think they should just offer free drafts to get people to log back in and revitalize the game. Unless that income's the only thing keeping the lights on, something has to give to turn the game a…

• I think they are attempting to use update titles and pictures to communicate with us indirectly. Apocalyptic imagery to suffice when they can't outright say what they want.

• After the way they're treating the Hex community, I'm not sure who they think is going to buy Shards.

• I mean, that response used to be something that Hex would write. But that was years ago. If they still acted like that, I'm sure there'd be a lot more players. But I think they ran out of the means to keep working so diligently and make assurances like those.

• It's sad that we've moved on from kickstarting the game, to trying to kickstarter the PvE portion of the game, to now just trying to crowdfund the next set.

• There's not a 'chance' the game will die soon, it's already dead and done. Nothing short of some company pouring a lot of personal funds into revitalizing it can fix it, and I don't really see that happening. Hex has already been shopped around to a lot of different publishers, and we haven't really seen success from that.