Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 32.

• This week is hot stuff so here is my obligatory flame post!

• I've kickstarted a couple role playing video games such as the Pillars of Eternity RPGs and the Torment sequel which turned out pretty well. I kickstarted The Bards Tale game actually from Cory's recommendation here and it is rolling out next month and initial impressions have been pretty good. But yes, at the same time, HEX certainly was the most ambitious and has been the most... problematic from the start. I'm certainly sticking with smaller scale "one and done" types of games in the future. …

• How far is AZ3 coming?

Fitzlepix - - HEX Discussions

I did an arena run today.. still no dragon and I've been playing since it was released. I'm hoping I will run into one the day before they shut the servers down because that would just be so HEX.

• How far is AZ3 coming?

Quite a few competitive magic players came to the scene around that time because of the promise of a strong competitive game in HEX.. but as we know it didn't pan out. In retrospect it's easier to fault HEX for these decisions but at the time it just seemed as if HEX was warming up.

• There are so few people playing the game at this point, I really don't think anything could save it. In order to bring back all those that left it would tale a complete relaunch with all sorts of improvements which would be.. years away?

• Steam numbers dont count!

The steam review thing opened my eyes quite a bit. I normally skip right on past games that have mostly mixed (or worse) reviews. Yet HEX was one of my favorite games ever. I now give those less than stellar reviewed games more of a look to see what they are all about before clicking away. …. most of them are still pretty bad though. Heh!

• How far is AZ3 coming?

I don't really understand why they abandoned adventure zones completely. It seemed like AZ was exactly what they envisioned and presented in the kickstarter. People seemed to like the mercenaries and the classes and the leveling aspect of them, also seemed like what they intended to do in the kickstarter. The only real complaints I ever heard were about specific encounters (which could be tweaked) and how boring they got after a while. Releasing a new content regularly and finishing the rest of …

• Is it nostalgia that is driving people to think of Set 1 again? It was a great set, but the past is the past. Even though Doombringer lived up to it's name, HEX had been struggling for a long time. I think Bootlace nailed it, Set 5 is when I really started seeing the writing on the wall. Basically anemic growth and a steam release met with a massive shrug by the gaming community. At the time HEX's response was that it was 'normal' for games to grow slowly over time, then they took all of 2017 of…

• Thanks for the update! As others have stated, it may not be good news but it's good to at least know where the game is at rather than be left to speculate.

• Just for an alternate point of view, closing the game for you means you play something else. But for those still employed by HEX it means a loss of a job and income and a big impact on their personal lives. Perhaps for them if HEX makes enough money to pay the bills and give some people a job it's alright?

• I'd read that post-mortem blog by Cory detailing what went wrong for HEX, it would probably be pretty interesting and have a few juicy tidbits that the fan base never even had a clue about.

• I remember too in Alpha, I was surprised to find how much work still had to be done for the finished product. Like a lot of kickstarter games, there was a lot of hype and not a lot of product. It took 2 and a half years more just to get a regular set release schedule rolling. That was a huge red flag for a lot of people right from the beginning. If I didn't get that timeframe right I'm sure someone will correct me. Heh.

• Dino Watch

Some of the reactions in the community lately are pretty extreme. HEX has developed and maintained a game we have all received a lot of enjoyment from the past 5 years. Regardless of it's current state, if it fails tomorrow, it's been a good run. I'm not sure if the company deserves all this "HEX IS DEAD TO ME!" wrath out of a game who has provided years of entertainment. It is sad that it never lived up to the hopes we or it's developers had for it but it has in no way been "vaporware" or a sad…

• Sure seems like a lot of red text for a 5 year old game. HEX has been silent for so long I have no idea if they even have a game plan going forward for any of those red listed items. I assume after 5 years we can just say that we gots what we gots and that's what we gots?

• I think cainhu nailed the best way to play siege. Set up a defense and walk away. Fun and Engaging!

• Happy Birthday Hex! I look forward to see what this next year will hold.

• Yet on the other hand, if the AI didn't screw up frequently, the attackers would have no shot at all. It really is the worst of both worlds.

• Dingler sleeves would be pretty great to have but I just don't know about this format. I just played a normal singleton tourney once and got rolled hard. I didn't really enjoy that experience...

• 200w.gif These days every post is like this

• I think siege is a lousy format in it's current form as well. It's not really fun to play. The AI is so horrible, you can only play very specific kind of decks because having the AI make any decisions is usually bad. On the other end of the spectrum, it's not a casual format for the attacker because if you are going to have a chance at a decent win rate you have to bring the best deck PvP has to offer. A new player is not going to be a winning attacker with a 5 dollar deck. The best attacker dec…