Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 74.

• Overdue Tournament Prizes

Greyhaven - - HEX Discussions

Quote from Etruia: “I sent both Kyle and Dino e-mails trying to get a feel for what's going on since we haven't heard anything ... ” Quote from Dinotropia: “Hey Etruia (and anyone else waiting on Tournament prizes), your messages have not been going into the void. The team continues to monitor the situation and has regular conversations on where we are and how we can get you the these payouts. I don't have an ETA for you right now, but I know we are committed to paying out any prizes which have …

• @Ossuary - Responds to Dino with a snarky blast. Fine. @NicoSharp - Responds to Oss with an equally snarky HXE blast. Fine. @Greyhaven - Responds to Dino with lots of words and much "dad voice". Fine. @Mormont - Responds to Dino with a photo meme of Cory playing with a butterfly instead of being proactive on the forums. DELETED. I'm still trying to figure out how the black bags work around here. I saw Dino in here and assumed he was more interested in the scissors than the pen, and sure enough..…

• Quote from Dinotropia: “We're sorry this is taking longer that anticipated. We are committed to making sure everyone receives the award from the events they won and are tracking everyone's information so they'll get their awards. ” Waiting until someone publicly calls you out on something to offer any sort of communication about the situation: - Doesn't build trust with your players. Confessing to taking a cookie only after getting caught with your hand in the jar smacks of insincerity and damag…

• Resetting the Stage

Greyhaven - - Feedback and Suggestions

There has been a lot of (surprisingly unmoderated) speculation about Cory's latest "all we can tell you is that we can't tell you anything about the good stuff we promise is still happening" announcement. Most of that speculation falls into one of three categories: (1) HXE is being sold to Company X, who will turn things around; (2) HXE needs to completely overhaul the game and reboot it with some sort of sustainable monetization scheme; (3) HXE is milking the last few drops of money from the si…

• Dino Watch

Quote from Vroengard: “Quote from Greyhaven: “Please do not escalate whatever feud you may or may not be having in this thread. ” We do not and there is none. Can't people talk to each other in the forums any more? There's exactly 0 tension in either mine or PT's posts. Are people nowadays oversensitive? ” It isn't a matter of sensitivity. The simple truth is that your uh...conversation (A) has stumbled deeply off topic, (B) includes assertions of personal vandettas and accusations of stalking, …

• Communication Ideas

I think #4 is the real key to this. More articles and such are always good, and making the community appear to be thriving with roundups, contests, and other trappings are all sound approaches to combating the gloomy vibes that are currently allowed to run amok. But it is going to be the human interaction that comes from regular forum engagement that will be what may turn this slide around. We're in the "show, do't tell" phase of our trust relationship. They've told us too much without showing u…

• Dino Watch

This thread has gone in some interesting directions, and while it is odd that a technically on-topic diversion about account take-over conspiracies is what actually prompted a Dino response, we got one. On page 4, I said: Quote from Greyhaven: “What I'm reasonably hoping for is for him to pop in and acknowledge this thread and let us know that he's working on getting us a more substantial update. Whether or not that turns out to be true, that is about all he will be able to do in a thread like t…

• Dino Watch

Bump. I get it. Set 10 is delayed and thus Cory has to make a statement, because we all knew that it was the deadline for spoiler season and letting it go unaddressed would hinder the probable bailout negotiations. Now that we've been informed, any resulting meltdown for the state of the game is now safely our fault again - the ungrateful Chicken Littles who should have more respect for the devs than to expect anything of substance from them. Good times. The fact that nobody seemed to see this f…

• I mean, I just offered paper with potentially good things on it and any cuts that resulted were self-inflicted. But yeah, the cuts exist - and I've made mine - and the wave of "we love you but..." salt poured into them has been producing only pain and more paper to cut upon. We gave it a damn good shot, but there is nothing left to do on our turn but poke it with a stick and grumble. Pass priority and see what happens. "Breath gave out while it slept" is probably the more dignified way to go any…

• It doesn't take too much critical thinking or deductive reasoning to conclude that NicoSharp is - barring any substantive official refutation to the contrary - essentially correct: "Business as usual this is not." It doesn't conclusively mean that they're going under. It doesn't conclusively mean that there are legal obstacles on the back end. It doesn't mean they are abandoning ship, or that the ship is even sinking (though thumbs up to the clever "Our Princess is in another castle" quip). But …

• Dino Watch

Well, now this is the most thumbed OP on the entire forum. Thanks? @Dinotropia, there are people here who want to hear something real, and they're looking to you as the ambassador from whom they should hear it. We know it is going to take some time, but every time that Dinobot strikes again without a nod of self-awareness, this inexplicable situation escalates. So... Bump. Earlier this week, you said: Quote from Dinotropia: “More detailed responses will come when we are ready. ” Much speculation…

• Questmas 2018

Greyhaven - - HEX News and Announcements

I found an Emu. Merry Questmas, everyone!

• Questmas 2018

Greyhaven - - HEX News and Announcements

Quote from Transience: “... it's getting more and more annoying by the day to see ever other fucking thread being cluttered with these posts. I don't care for them and they have been singing the exact same tune for several weeks now. ” This is on topic. We're all playing "llama llama emu!" in honor of Questmas. The rules: Go into each thread and post some drama llama stuff. Eventually HXE will respond, which we'll call "Emu". That ends the round by consolidating all of the llamas to a single thr…

• Dino Watch

Quote from Vroengard: “Quote from Smradd: “43 likes on first post. I wonder was ever a post with so much likes, I believe neither cory's friday updateves achieved this much ” You can sort by Likes. It's the number 1 written by a player and number 3 overall (1st is Hexadron's and 2nd is Cory's Set 6 launch announcement). ” Wow, that is pretty crazy that a topic like this would be the most thumbed player post. Especially for a wall of text that wasn't even polite enough to include a "tl;dr" I mean…

• Dino Watch

To be fair, even in the (relatively) best-case scenario, Dino would never be in a position to just jump in here with a comment. We're in a pretty precarious and delicate position these days, and ANY official response needs to be delivered carefully. Remember, it was Dino himself who unintentionally escalated the whole Artistgate situation when he made the comment that Cory would make a statement about it. That raised (really just validated) our expectations and put Cory into the position of havi…

• Dino Watch

Quote from Metronomy: “Quote from Plotynus: “At this point, the game might or not be "dead", HXE might be or not in bankruptcy, but this community for sure is already dead. The forum revolves around the same 20 users, so, it's understandable that Dino turned into a Dinobot, there is no community to manage. It's a shame, because the community was something very nice that Hex had in the past. ” I was gonna make a sarcastic post that @Greyhaven would be attacked for being negative and therefore des…

• Dino Watch

I've been in lurker mode since the Siege Sack debacle, and have been pretty apathetic since Cory's epic farewell non-response. But he did mention that the Cory Watch thread prompted the reply somewhat, so I figured I'd try it again toward the one person who is hypothetically supposed to engage with us. Remember this? Quote from Dinotropia: “To that end, I will be ... providing an improved Town Crier experience for you guys. Better communication is something HEX has been growing into, and it is s…

• 2b06lx.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

• Cory Watch

If you want to play the fully diplomatic card, you'd change your third line to: "It’s been about 8 hours since my thread asking why I believe that Dinotropia lied about Cory’s response time was deleted for ‘being inappropriate’." Dino didn't lie. He said Cory would respond later that day, which was true at the time he said it. He then repeated several times, in threads that still survive and in posts that haven't been deleted, that Cory's response has been delayed until they can sort out some is…

• Well, let's give it a shot. Feel free to copy/expand the format if anyone wants to keep this going. 1) How likely would you be to recommend Hex: Shards of Fate to others? (0 - Not Likely at All/10 - Extremely Likely) 2 2) Please briefly tell us why you would or would not recommend Hex based on the rating above. Hex is a brilliant vision forever trapped in its own shadow - Grand promises routinely stopgapped with placeholder designs that gradually just become "the thing, as intended". As a fundam…