Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 314.

• Quote from eddatog: “Quote from Obsidian: “Alternative: They don't want to shut down servers because then people can't continue playing, so they don't announce a server shutdown. They don't have funds to continue development, but at least they don't have to shut down. It's a little disingenuous to say there's so much more to come, though. I still think they should just offer free drafts to get people to log back in and revitalize the game. Unless that income's the only thing keeping the lights o…

• Alternative: They don't want to shut down servers because then people can't continue playing, so they don't announce a server shutdown. They don't have funds to continue development, but at least they don't have to shut down. It's a little disingenuous to say there's so much more to come, though. I still think they should just offer free drafts to get people to log back in and revitalize the game. Unless that income's the only thing keeping the lights on, something has to give to turn the game a…

• I think they are attempting to use update titles and pictures to communicate with us indirectly. Apocalyptic imagery to suffice when they can't outright say what they want.

• After the way they're treating the Hex community, I'm not sure who they think is going to buy Shards.

• I mean, that response used to be something that Hex would write. But that was years ago. If they still acted like that, I'm sure there'd be a lot more players. But I think they ran out of the means to keep working so diligently and make assurances like those.

• It's sad that we've moved on from kickstarting the game, to trying to kickstarter the PvE portion of the game, to now just trying to crowdfund the next set.

• There's not a 'chance' the game will die soon, it's already dead and done. Nothing short of some company pouring a lot of personal funds into revitalizing it can fix it, and I don't really see that happening. Hex has already been shopped around to a lot of different publishers, and we haven't really seen success from that.

• If Hex isn't going to say it, I'm glad other people are saying it.

• Thronebreaker

Obsidian - - HEX Discussions

He didn't give people a way to pay him, so he's not taking money until the set releases. He was just taking orders ahead of time.

• Patch Notes 1.1.0.065

Obsidian - - Maintenance and Updates

I'm grateful, because if it were on the AH to start with, I may have spent some money to acquire a set. That art was sweet. But since fixing it was not a priority by any stretch of the imagination, my money stayed safely in my wallet.

• That friday feeling!!!

Dingleton comes back for this week's merry melee, article is titled 'The Real Deal'

• Best guess from me is that the codework that's already been done is not viable to continue forward, so it's a substantially harder sell than just 'Here's a great product that needs funding.'

• eternal card game

Quote from Gregangel: “Quote from Obsidian: “Eternal was alright. The appeal wears off once you hit the more difficult tiers of decks and run out of their newbie gold generosity. Once you make it to masters, the AI drafts don't really pay for themselves, and grinding gold in their gauntlet is pretty unbearable. But I will give them credit for the sheer variety of decks you run into. I've been playing a lot of the new Legend of the Five Rings game, both in paper and online. It's a great game, but…

• eternal card game

Quote from Goliathus: “Anyone who finds Eternal draft interesting and fun, mind sharing your view with me? I would share why I think it is boring if anyone is interested, but I don't have time to type now. ” I enjoyed it because it's easy, fast, low-stakes against an AI, and you can keep trying it, hoping to get certain combinations of cards. The fact that it's against an AI makes a huge difference for me, because that's how I like to play. I don't mind the simple 'pick one of three' that Hearth…

• Hex is the best.

Hex is a great card game, the client just somehow didn't manage to beat MtGO, an ancient relic but yet still functionable.

• eternal card game

Eternal was alright. The appeal wears off once you hit the more difficult tiers of decks and run out of their newbie gold generosity. Once you make it to masters, the AI drafts don't really pay for themselves, and grinding gold in their gauntlet is pretty unbearable. But I will give them credit for the sheer variety of decks you run into. I've been playing a lot of the new Legend of the Five Rings game, both in paper and online. It's a great game, but unfortunately won't scratch the itch for us …

• Quote from TheMainEvent: “Quote from Eraia: “- A developer who interacted with their community as people ” Quote from schild: “Quote from federicorighi: “Hi guys, since there are many posts around the forum about how things are going bad and why, I thought it could be interesting to sum up everyone's proposals to make the game better and (re)attract people. Just to be more precise, I'm not referring to big structural changes, like a complete revision fo the PvE components of the game, just to so…

• Yeah, people have already produced exhaustive lists of this sort (low-hanging fruit) as well as longer-term direction, numerous times. The Devs don't care, or take note, or respond, so what's another list worth. I will note here though, that all they really need in my opinion is a capable development team that can actually implement updates in a timely manner. Even with PvE on the back burner, things were going along alright before it became clear that they just couldn't work with their own clie…

• Well, it COULD be argued from the KS that the devs interpreted the backers to have a strong interest in draft and card value, since Pro Player tier sold out the fastest by a wide margin, and the others only really caught up interest when they had a year-long pro-player stapled on.

• Eh, customers may be dissatisfied, but I don't think we could possibly accuse Hex of outright predatory behavior. They went out of their way *not* to monetize a lot of things. The only reason we've been 'nickel and dimed' recently is because they're literally desperate for money now. They've had nothing but good intent (and bad implementation.) Dunno. Depicting Cory as literally swimming in a pile of money is so far from reality that I don't see the relevance. Funny, though.