Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 611.

• I think Queen sang about this once: Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a ban tide. No HEX game to play with a glee. Hope this game dies Give up HexEnt guys and leave.

• Fight of the Week

Ertzi - - Entertainment and Tech

FIGHT: The Bride against the Crazy 88. MOVIE: Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003), director Quentin Tarantino. I am amazed that this hasn't been posted yet. I expected this to be on the first page, among at least two other incredibly obvious fights that haven't been posted yet. So I guess I have to be the one. This fight is all about style, style, style. It has nothing to do with realism or even incredibly good choreograpy. However, it's just so goddamn gory and long that it instantly becomes awesome. This…

• Fight of the Week

All right! While HEX continues to circle the drain as usual, let's do some fun fisticuffs. FIGHT: Jack Reacher versus a posse of dumb guys at the bar. MOVIE: Jack Reacher (2012), director Christopher McQuarrie I have a confession to make. I am a huge fan of Tom Cruise in movies. In real life, he's nuttier than a squirrel turd, but I have always loved his shtick and dedication in films. The dude might believe in volcano-loving aliens, but he puts in the work and never gives a bad performance. Som…

• Fight of the Week

Quote from DjinnNtoniC: “Saw this and thought i would jump in on the fun :D. Heres one from me. youtube.com/watch?v=Pt4YWi25Mhk ” I was kinda diseased for a while, sorry about the delay (Value your health, folks! Hadn't been sick in years, so didn't remember how much it sucks). I'm better now, so better get back into it. I'm glad there isn't 20+ videos waiting for me here. I can do other things this week too. First of all, DjinnNtoniC, welcome! This is indeed fun. Ong Bak 2 was on my list natura…

• Fight of the Week

FIGHT: Zen against a dojo full of bad guys. MOVIE: Chocolate (2008), director Prachya Pinkaew I swear, my intention was to post one fight a week on Fridays. But I just CAN'T HELP MYSELF. I believe somebody mentioned diversity? Let's get some women on this train! If you love martial arts movies, do yourself a favor and watch this film. The premise is basically that an autistic girl can imitate anything she sees, and she learns to fight by watching martial arts movies. In this scene, she comes aga…

• Fight of the Week

Just two random bonus animated scenes (again, I was reminded of these while reading Goliathus' post). Very stylized (Gennady Tarkovsky), but I love these: youtube.com/watch?v=mj07qh51zPI youtube.com/watch?v=W19l3rt8HSI

• Fight of the Week

Quote from Goliathus: “(Have to double post because of the 10,000 characters limit) Now, for my entries: youtube.com/watch?v=0oFBlM_o8zc My favorite Jackie Chan's fight. Awesome display of techniques from both sides - Ken Lo's chain kicks are awesome and the drunken boxing here is the best I have seen on-screen - with good pacing and clear cuts. The only thing I don't like is the finishing. Also, one interesting fact is that Jackie's character went retard in the original un-cut version for drink…

• Fight of the Week

Quote from Sneydar: “And regarding the theme of this week of fighting: Are fights allowed that are crafted so poorly that they are comical? ” There is no theme. That was just my feeble attempt to be funny. Anyone can post any fight they want at any time. I would really appreciate some explanation why the poster likes the fight scene though. Quote from Goliathus: “- (Trivia)Tony Jaa grew up watching HK action films and thought those are "wireless" and the HK stars are just that good. So, he train…

• Fight of the Week

Khabib Time!! That is all. Ahhh... I enjoyed that.

• Leonberger

• Fight of the Week

FIGHT: Final fight between Chan and Alan in some weird warehouse. MOVIE: Gorgeous (1999), director Vincent Kok This one is for Eraia. Some Jackie Chan goodness. Jackie is clearly not in his prime here anymore, and his opponent actually has more impressive moves, but that doesn't matter one bit. This is still a pretty epic fight, with some funny vintage Jackie Chan situations throughout. This movie is pretty atrocious though. youtube.com/watch?v=c6IucizzQD8 Setting/atmosphere 8 – I have no clue w…

• Fight of the Week

FIGHT: Turtles against The Foot Clan in a mall. MOVIE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze (1991), director Michael Pressman I am an unashamed fan of the first two TMNT movies. There is no third one. I want to forget the third one. It was a simpler time, just put dudes in a costume and make them fight. None of this CGI crap of today. These movies are a thousand times better than the new live action ones. It's kinda annoying that the opening credits are over the action here, b…

• Fight of the Week

Phew... finally got through replying to the fine people who have posted on this thread. My turn. I present to you, Fight of the Week: The Eraia Edition. Only comical fights allowed! FIGHT: Johnny and Charlie Firpo against random bad guys on a yacht. MOVIE: Odds and Evens (originally Pari e dispari [1978]), director Sergio Corbucci I have hazy memories of my dad watching a movie, where two dudes were beating the crap out of random people, and laughing his ass off. I later found out the name of th…

• Fight of the Week

Quote from Vastus: “Quote from Ossuary: “Gotta be honest... I haven't enjoyed the forums this much in about a year and a half. ” Me too.I'll add to the mix a fun fight scene mixed with guns I enjoyed from Equilibrium. youtube.com/watch?v=UoDKXozA0M4 Edit: how do I embed the video within the post? ” Damn! Another one off my list. Equilibrium/Cubic is one of my favorite scifi movies. Gun Kata is seriously one of the coolest ideas ever in a movie. I want an entire movie about that! Also, Tetragramm…

• Fight of the Week

Quote from Ossuary: “Long takes are a special kind of awesome. The original Oldboy corridor scene is definitely amazing. I know it's not a "real" long take, because they hide some cuts in there when people get knocked off camera, but the "corridor" fight from season 1 of Netflix's Daredevil is pretty spectacular, too. You can really FEEL his weariness as the fight drags on. I have a special affection for fights like that, where the exhaustion is an actual factor. youtube.com/watch?v=B66feInucFY …

• Fight of the Week

Quote from Sneydar: “A most likely controversial additon to this thread: youtube.com/watch?v=tsPDrhJhmDI It's spoiler territory and the fight starts at 1:13. But why? While I enjoy martial arts and love movie fights, more often than not they feel staged and artificial, which is cool, don't get me wrong, but they don't get a response out of me that goes beyond "uh, nice." - least most of the time. This one is different for me, because it's two people on the brink of collapse because of exhaustion…

• Fight of the Week

Quote from Vroengard: “youtube.com/watch?v=V2piDs9HMn4 ” This is a great fight. I have watched it many times. So many cool moves in there, like the blocking of an elbow strike by a friend. The music is awesome as well with the intense pumping. It is a bit too dark and sloppily edited though. Technical issues prevent a perfect ten for me. One other thing. Apparently the main baddie can't choke worth of shit, because if you really get the arm under the neck, an arterial choke takes like 5 - 7 seco…

• Fight of the Week

Quote from Blitzkind: “I would like to petition the commissioner to allow for an "entertainment" category. I would also like to submit the baseline for a perfect 10 in this category. youtube.com/watch?v=zQbnQBCTSiA ” Oh yeah, this. Holy shit, I had completely forgotten about this. Humor is highly subjective, of course, and I still expect a decent fight, even with all the shenanigans, which I don't get here. Too much sped-up moves again as well. Entertainment category is a good point though, and …

• Fight of the Week

Okay, better start going through these... Quote from Ossuary: “BTW, while I generally tend to enjoy realistic fights more than CGI / jumpcut fests, those types of fights have their merit as well. The restaurant fight in Rise of the Legend, for example, is an absolutely amazing and highly entertaining fight, specifically because of the way it's cut together. The slow mo, the CGI swooshes of air from the weapon swings, the POV shot at the end - it's silly and stupid, but in the best possible way. …

• Fight of the Week

Quote from Eraia: “I think I'm more of a fan of comic fights because I love prettymuch the entire Jackie Chan movie roster of fights. ” I hear ya. I love comical fights too, and it was always my intention to showcase those as well. I have some stuff right up your alley coming up. My problem is choosing what to post, as I have limited time. I would love to throw a dozen of these in here at a time, but the research, analyzing and finding a good clip takes too much time. I will definitely vary the …