Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 334.

• Quote from Eraia: “The genre requires too large a playerbase to be sustainable, and you're just not likely to find enough people who have the money to be invested in this genre, who are not already invested in another game in the genre, and are willing to SPEND that money in the way a TCG requires in the current day and age. It's not implementation(although they bungled that too), it's just too late. The onset of CCGs, the prevalence of mobile gaming, and the existence of frequent 90+% off sales…

• Quote from Eraia: “Yes, there have been a lot of examples of them TRYING to do things we've asked for... but I cannot think of a single example in the past year where they didn't pull the whole 'evil genie' act and give us what we asked for but in the worst imaginable way. Even the flashbacks. ” Immortal gauntlet?

• How far is AZ3 coming?

Mach - - HEX Discussions

What they should have done is added one more kickstarter tier: Programmer tier: All the benefits of the King tier, plus full code access (NDA required). Additionally, gain access to Programmer tier-exclusive quests, which reward gold, packs, and exclusive AAs for those who succeed in fixing bugs or implementing features.

• Quote from GobBluth: “Two years ago Nico made an awesome post detailing how to improve the new player experience, even made decks for them and everything. All someone would have had to do was implement it or amend it slightly. Nothing. Same thing happened with the hundreds of other major and minor community suggestions. The idea that things will magically happen now is naive. ” 90% of community suggestions are crap. Actually, that's probably understating it. And even for the ones which aren't cr…

• Quote: “We are currently working on plans to expand what HEX Entertainment does in an effort to build us up into a slightly larger developer / publisher, but we cannot go into the specifics as this is currently in process. However, we wanted you to be aware we are actively working on growing the company and, with it, the game. ” This baffles me. If there isn't enough money to pay for Set 10 art, there certainly is nowhere near enough money for a meaningful company expansion. And if they meant th…

• Quote from Thrawn: “Quote from Wolzarg: “Quote from Pandaemonium: “If thrawn was secretly plotting to sell his collection in the hope the transaction occurs before the game goes bust, then sure I see your point. Since that is not happening, kind of odd to go after him. ” How do you know? The plot thickens dun dun dun! ” Busted. Selling my collection. For ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!!!! giphy.gif This is a joke... unless you're actually going to give me $1 million. ” Will you accept this? Zimbabwe%2…

• Quote from Fred: “Quote from Mach: “Quote from Fred: “Quote from Mach: “Quote from Fred: “1) People who left the limited queues played Merry Melee instead, and they played it more than they would have limited. Increased player activity. This is not bad. ” Are you just looking at number of games, or are you taking into account different amounts of time spent due to formats being different?For example, if someone goes from spending 4 hours total on 5 games of Limited to 3 hours total on 10 games o…

• Quote from Fred: “Quote from Mach: “Quote from Fred: “1) People who left the limited queues played Merry Melee instead, and they played it more than they would have limited. Increased player activity. This is not bad. ” Are you just looking at number of games, or are you taking into account different amounts of time spent due to formats being different?For example, if someone goes from spending 4 hours total on 5 games of Limited to 3 hours total on 10 games of MM, would you consider that an inc…

• Quote from Fred: “1) People who left the limited queues played Merry Melee instead, and they played it more than they would have limited. Increased player activity. This is not bad. ” Are you just looking at number of games, or are you taking into account different amounts of time spent due to formats being different? For example, if someone goes from spending 4 hours total on 5 games of Limited to 3 hours total on 10 games of MM, would you consider that an increase or decrease in activity?

• Friday Update - ROIDS

Mach - - HEX News and Announcements

Quote from Eraia: “Quote from Mach: “So the difference between a fun, quirky casual format and a terrible, competitive cashgrab is ... about 5 cents per game? ” The second you put money on the line, peoples' reaction to it changes. And you very well know this. ” Certainly, but only by so much. It's ridiculous to claim that this effect justifies a complete 180 shift in reaction to the format. If they really wanted this to be a competitive format, the entry fee and the prizes would be much higher …

• Friday Update - ROIDS

Mach - - HEX News and Announcements

Quote from Wolzarg: “Just to reiterate this bruised horse. If i didn't pay anything for this and if i didn't play it for prizes even better with friends. We would enjoy it it wouldn't be terrible it would be quirky. ” Quote from Ossuary: “Yep! Free and for fun with friends, all of these modes are hilarious. For money, with prizes on the line, it's fucking bullshit. ” So the difference between a fun, quirky casual format and a terrible, competitive cashgrab is ... about 5 cents per game?

• Someone trying to jack prices up?

Mach - - HEX Discussions

Quote from Vroengard: “TCGs don't have to be free / practically cheap because they aspire to attract the attention of people with money and disposition to spend on them. ” There's a huge catch-22 here. To attract large numbers of these players the game already needs to be successful, but to be successful the game needs a large number of these players. MtG got around this problem with first-mover advantage. Big companies can get around it with the power of their brand. Both these approaches were …

• Someone trying to jack prices up?

Mach - - HEX Discussions

Quote from Ossuary: “You've got to make the game itself attractive enough to get people in the door in order to get the prices where they ought to be - it can't be forced. ” But getting prices to a reasonable place is an essential part of making the game attractive enough. It doesn't matter if you have the best game and the best client if your price point is above what people are willing to pay. So you have to force it, at least in the short term. Once the game is growing and you get downward pr…

• Quote from Wolzarg: “That said any rematching is absolutely horrible to me and i would rather not get a game at all than play the same person again in a row. ” It seems matchmaking is either disabled completely or isn't happening due to not enough players. If you look at the API data you can see a 4-0 getting paired against an 0-2.

• Siege - Listing of 60 shard decks

Mach - - HEX Discussions

Doing this is stupid because it just makes things worse. Siege still needs to be fixed. But now, before they can start on that, they need to fix the mess created by the exploiters. Do they ban people? Which rewards do they remove? Deciding how to clean up the mess and then doing it takes up time which could be used for other things, like improving siege.

• Quote from Goliathus: “Do some research or you are just hiding points that do not help your argument? 1. MTGO f***ed multiplayers in the past by removing a lot of multiplayer format(very supportive, aren't they?), this directly cut off the multiplayer crowd(who would love Commander) in MTGO. 2. Commander league = 1v1 competitive. Not everyone plays that. There are plenty of people who play 4 people EDH in For Fun room. By your logic, Hex should cut Bash and Clash because out of the thousands of …

• Quote from Utremeld: “Quote from Arcanis: “Quote from schild: “i know i'm not the only one that's wondering why all this crap is being shoved in and not the actual one, proven format - edh like, is it spite? do they hate money? what the shit ” It's pretty simple really, the new formats that we have gotten require very little additional programming to implement. They live streamed how much effort was put into making Corinth, it took like an hour. Who's the boss was basically one of the formats th…

• It's Your Card - Name Voting!

Mach - - HEX Discussions

Quote from Thrawn: “Quote from Mach: “Quote from Thrawn: “1. Brown Fox Tactician - which I had to go with my art description, is an option. ( Ya'll know I'd stump for my own idea, right? ) ” That’s one of the bad ones - it might not be a brown fox. ” Card literally makes brown foxes. And hex has style guides that define what a coyotle looks like, which is why I did not bother to specify fur color. Not sure I understand your concern. Plus, isn't "Brown Fox" more like a tribe within the Coyotle? ”…

Mach - - HEX Discussions

Quote from Thrawn: “1. Brown Fox Tactician - which I had to go with my art description, is an option. ( Ya'll know I'd stump for my own idea, right? ) ” That’s one of the bad ones - it might not be a brown fox.

Mach - - HEX Discussions

What happens if the chosen name doesn’t match the art?