Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 44.

• Thanks for the post-contest feedback @Xylo! I also templated Fields of Jank poorly. What I was going for was an effect that would have been better worded as "Each opponent summons a copy of this." This would lead to each player getting a copy, which would be way less powerful (essentially requiring bounce or artifact destruction to be good), but way more fun!

• Missed the contest, but liked it so much that I had to get in a few late entries. Janklet 1 [no threshold] Artifact troop 3/3 Jank - Deckbuilding: Minimum deck size increased by 5. Fields of Jank 2 [no threshold] Artifact Deploy - Summon a copy of this for each opposing champion. Jank - Deckbuilding: Minimum deck size increased by 5. At the end of your turn, draw a card and put a random card from your deck into a random opposing champion's deck. The increases would be cumulative, so if you have …

• Debon'hare 3 Troop - Shin'hare When this exhausts for the first time each turn, ready Debon'hare and each troop that exhausted at the same time. 2/2 Commentary: I don't like cards that are too narrow, so ideally, I've worded this ability so that it would trigger on a normal attack. That being said, this is especially good with both Concubunny and Egg Hunt. Even more so with the equipment I've got in mind: - Lovers' link (trinket)If exactly one other troop exhausts when Debon'hare exhausts, summo…

• Opal shard As you play this, transform it into a random shard you've played this game.

• Even with the short contest, we've got a ton of great cards here. I've included my take on all the submissions here... but with no further ado, let's start with the winners: 1st - Frostheart and 2x Dead of Winter Gas Giant by Eraia This card has it all, it's fun, it's topical, and who doesn't like filling their decks with Swamp Gas!? Excellent design... even though it was barely in by the deadline 2nd - Frostheart and 1x Dead of Winter Pac by Arcanyx Beautiful. Pretty intense up-sides and down-s…

• Lots of great entries! I'm bumping up the judging to ~5pm today so the winners have some time to draft (tournaments close at 10pm). If anyone has any straggling entries, get them in over the next two hours.

• I'm glad you liked my Lord of the Flies, it was a blast to design. Next Contest up here: CARD DESIGN CONTEST: March 12th - March 15th, 2018 It'll be a quick turn around (awards going out this Thursday evening) so get your entries in quick!

• The Rules: Design one or more cards that meet the design constraint described below. The one that I like the best is the winner. You may submit multiple entries, but please be considerate of your fellow players and don't go too overboard. In the case of multiple entries, you will still receive one prize at most. This contest is a little short since I want the winners to be able to draft with their prizes - I"ll make my decision Thursday evening ~10pm EST. In addition to any listed prizes, the wi…

• Fly Lord 2 Troop - Insect Deckbuilding - You cannot include any troop with a different name in your deck. When you play an action or constant, move this up one place in your deck. Deploy- Create a Fly Lord and put it into your deck. For each opposing champion, create a Fly Broodling and put it their deck. Draw a card. Flying 1/1 "These unsavory little nuisances feed on magic." -Bernard ... and for the broodlings: Fly Broodling 0 Troop - Insect When you draw this, play it for free then draw a car…

• Thanks for your usual thoughtful responses, Eraia. You've convinced me on your racial playset idea - especially after recent changes. I still err on Zyblen's side of thinking that Hill Giants (a Magic term meaning plain ~2/2s for 3) can feel varied paired with charge powers, combat tricks (the auras), supporting tempo (Runeweb Infiltrator vs Savage Raider), and eventually deckbuilding. *But*... I need to remember that a first experience with Hex isn't in a vacuum either. Years ago, I recall bein…

• I couldn't decide which version of this card I liked more: Surging assault 3 Basic Action When a troop attacks this turn, it deals damage equal to it's to each opposing champion. Surging assault 5 Constant When a troop you control attacks, it deal damage equal to it's to each opposing champion. What do you all think?

• I love asymmetry in sets and I think it would be cool to have a set where getting large quantities of certain threshold mattered... but not for the other thresholds. The Shyvan savannah would accomplish exactly that. Having large quantities of Ruby and Diamond thresholds there improve your other cards. Shyvan Boar 1 Troop - Beast This gets + 1 for each Ruby threshold you have and + 1 for each Diamond threshold you have. Shyvan Skyrider 2 Troop - Human Warrior Flying This gets + 1 for each Ruby t…

• Thanks for the post, Eraia! As someone that runs my own software business, I can say that Hex created the "Feedback and suggestions" category specifically because they know how important it is. Even if they don't respond, they'd be fools not to read and seriously consider every single comment here (and I don't think they're fools). On to my 2-cents... There's a lot in your initial post - most of which I agree with and some I disagree with, so I figure I'll share my thoughts point by point. Campa…

• Thanks CoSVII for pointing out that they're planning to address this. I wasn't aware of that and it makes me happy. To clarify, by the Barricade, I mean to match with the walls and vanilla creatures that block access to the 2nd AZ1 (non-Crayburn) dungeon. Rangers get to skip it and they eventually turn to zombies. And yeah, fortunately, the piranhas still have a warning message and the gnome says to avoid it. Both of these are good because they weave the warnings into the story. In fact I (like …

• TL;DR - Piranhas, Wurm Queen, and other especially difficult nodes should (a) have their own color and (b) have a difficulty warning (every attempt with turn-back option) if encountered by an account without a single merc slots unlocked. _________________________________________ When I get friends to start Hex, I encourage free-to-play single player. It is a major strength of the game and the way I started. This FTP-solo mode is incredibly well designed. Being free, it is a perfect demo for the …

• Time of Need 1 Quick Action Create an Angel of Dawn and put it into your deck. Draw a card. When all is dire, only hope can set it right.

• Thanks Olfff! I'll take my standard-issue glory paired with the Seamstress - I'm kinda addicted to Guidance these days.

• Augustine Tool Deck

Shylba - - Strategies and Decklists

That's quite a tall order - to have one deck for all three. Especially since piranhas requires so much defense and Aradam requires so much offense. If you're willing to relax that a bit, you could swap out some cards while keeping the core of the deck the same. I'm sure you've noticed the Scorch, Stinging Ambush, and Halls of Kukatan are all marvelous again the fish. Dwarven Fishbait is, too. These could all be taken out for Aradam. Detox Bot is great against Wiktor, but could be taken out for A…

• Shattered Destiny 5 Legendary Basic action Search your library for 5 cards. Void each other card in your library. The Heart seemed ancient, eternal, but Hogarth knew things aren't always what they seem. Soon he saw glimmers of a different destiny - shattered worlds and a woman in the twilight. Though not featured prominently, Shattered Destiny was the set when Hogarth and the Frost Ring Arena came onto the scene. Knowing what we know now, it would have been really cool had they foreshadowed some…

• Sorok acolyte 4 Troop - Necrotic Deploy - Each opposing champion creates a Duskwing Priest and puts it into play. [1] -> Shift a random keyword ability on another target troop onto this. 3/3 "The Sorok have forsaken our ways - aspiring to their own depraved vampirism. They must be found and exterminated." - Tovot, Duskwing Priest The Sorok pervert the normal "sharing" ability that exists with Shift - taking it all for themselves. This has particularly deprived the priests / paladins amongst the …