Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 59.

• I do software development for a living, so watching someone stream that seems like work. I guess if you have no idea how the sausage is made (and don't do it everyday), it could be interesting.

• Quote from Norwind: “Quote from Typhonstein: “I don't know why anyone would think that they spent more coding time on the AI after seeing it in action in siege. ” Because we watched Chris woods stream it live on twitch? ” He streamed coding the AI? ... and people watched? I'm misunderstanding something right?

• PvE cat is out of the bag, I don't know why we keep returning to this conversation. Lots of bitching about siege, but I think (with no facts to back it up) that they had those code assets almost done, and pushed it out as desperate way to generate additional cash flow. I don't know why anyone would think that they spent more coding time on the AI after seeing it in action in siege. Seems like least effort (but probably a very large amount of player outrage) solution to the problem that Hex doesn…

• I'm just really not understanding the suggestion. It seems to be, "just shut er down while you have some shred of dignity left", but then you say it's not. You really want casual (no cover fee) EDH with PvE cards included (and I agree), but it also seems like you are saying, "don't do PvE", which means no PvE cards in EDH. It's friday and I'm very tired and extra grouchy and so maybe that is why I'm just not at all getting your point and... now that I've typed all this I realize that I don't car…

• There is already an auto-pass all option, the game saying, "how bout you stop being a self-interested prick and remember that you are playing with another human", isn't going to significantly change the experience. It also takes a blind eye to the idea that taking extra time and trying to piss your opponent off IS a strategy. Add a progressive timer that is multiplied when the player has conditions that reduce the number of available decision a player CAN make. If the player; has no resources OR…

• Quote from Vroengard: “@Typhonstein Your post offers nothing in the conversation. At least I bring an argument with facts. ” No you didn't, you responded with your typical, "you're doing it wrong, nothing to see here", and "we don't even know what that original poster meant", that somehow have morphed into, "facts". Instead of, you know, just taking a moment to think about whether or not adding fateweave to some part of mulligan was in any way interesting. It's very possible to go three mulligan…

• No no, instead of taking a minute to think about whether the idea opens up new and interesting strategies in both play and deck building, let's just piss on it. Awesome.

• FRA post Set 9, thoughts?

Typhonstein - - HEX Discussions

I've given it a good try and I have to say that I'm still not having fun with it. Between the over-tuning (Kha has inherent removal, targeted removal and over-the-top troop generation... it needed all that? Really?) and you not being able to sideboard or use a mercenary it's just really limiting in the number of decks that can consistently clear it. Hex, you have a tremendous number of really fun cards to play. In this release alone, how many cost 6-8 cards did you add? Yeah, NONE of those cards…

• Quote from Lunavi: “one of their 20 characters. ” Implies that the person has played through the campaign at least 20 times. Remember that non-dynamic campaign that is exactly the same each time through? Quote from SlayerStronghold: “"Oh, no, we have to play the game again." ” Is actually, "fuck, I have to re-roll a character and play the campaign again from start just to get equipment that I should be able to get via a dungeon I can barely tolerate grinding for gold". But yeah, I guess that is …

• I had made up my mind to sit out the Doombringer set until this update. Here's what I love; - Given the time you have available to spend on FRA, reworking the most egregious hard-counter champs. Now that I've seen the AI in action, I realize that creating a deck the AI can pilot is, for now, a bit tricky. Would further love to see the other champs NicoSharp pointed out addressed at a later time, but I get it that they weren't the priority for this go round. - Continuing to add champs to FRA - Co…

• I think I misunderstood fusion, I read it as that you could fuse a card with fusion with any other card, which would be an awesome way for them to generate card sales and been pretty awesome (but would increase the number of cards by 5, at least). That you can only fuse cards with other cards that have fuse is a big let down.

• I think Verdant is right. I'm pretty sure that FRA 2.0 dropped with the Frostheart release, which also gave us Spiraling End, Fever Bloom and Cult of the Nameless City, and Morsel of Madness which is what took terrormill way over the top.

• Next Steps for Siege?

Typhonstein - - HEX Discussions

I'd like to see the set lore make use of the siege system to drive (parts of) the story. Example as if the siege system had been used; Part 1 of Frost Ring saga - all the factions are represented by a zero-cost siege defense like the Cory siege, except Fae, Gnolls, Lixil, Bananamancers, etc. Players can only siege with decks that are comprised with a minimum number of an enemy faction (same tech as the ardent/underworld). Wins (players playing decks with a sufficient number of a faction, e.g. gn…

• Quote from NicoSharp: “ - Find a way to tie replayability into making HXE money. This can be done in many ways, but the best way I can think of is encourage PvE card and equipment collecting, and PvP Limited Collecting by combining a mode that provides both limited, and/or exclusive PvE rewards. ” In addition to this, how about the conversation we have with HXE that starts with "PvE players use PvP cards in their decks, so extra effort should be put into making PvP cards better for PvE". To that…

• You've got to be f'ng kidding me. REALLY, REALLY pissed off about this patch. I think I'm done. Edit: what is pissing me off so much is the extreme amount of time that elapsed for the nerfs to arrive. It sends a message that HEX is ENTIRELY asleep at the wheel and out of touch with it's rapidly diminishing player base, but will occasionally wake up enough to flail about. How about instead of talking about how you're tweaking numbers on cards, tell me about how you're fixing the PvE-side bugs tha…

• I get what you are saying, and honestly I think most of the responses are positive from a, "yay! new systems that can be used for PvE", perspective. Here's what I'm saying - by making this a competition between attacker and defender that has gold/plat on the line, Hex sets the playing field for the defender to create the most competitive decks that he/she possibly can. The most competitive PvE decks aren't much fun to play against (terrormill). Hex leading of with the try hard mode automatically…

• Quote from NicoSharp: “Quote from CoachFliperon: “I don't think seeing this as a "build your own adventure" type game mode is right. The way the system is designed is clearly with "competition" in mind. The systems are there to promote that from the way the rewards and costs to participate are set to the type of information presented. I wouldn't mind for it to also become some sort of "build your own adventure" platform but to me, that is clearly not the intent from the small amount of informati…

• @NicoSharp - C'mon, you've got to admit there is something just a bit off about the described implementation. I'm really excited about the system(s) as a whole from a, "where could they take this tech", perspective, but from an actual "is this going to fun to play" perspective I'm doubtful. What I want is for them to build Siege and work the kinks out. And then, enhance it to give the defender (er, dungeon master!) the ability to chain together any number of decks with board states and bonus win…

• AI in PvE is/has been broken because they haven't had any PvE releases lately and they seem to focus their QA efforts on parts of the game that they think they have touched. I will be horrified if they release Siege without taking a QA pass through PvE cards and AI.

• I'm happy that they're doing something, but the description left me "meh", I probably won't use this. I'm hopeful that they can iterate this to something I'm more interested in, or use the tech to build something I'm interested in.