Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 118.

• Quote from GobBluth: “Literally for years people have been posting suggestions of creative ways to implement an EDH style format in Hex. Then they get everyone's hopes up by naming it Elder Dingler Hoedown (then changing it for legal reasons probably). And then this is what gets released. A 100p queue for something people could already do in client. Very strange. ” When they changed the name I assumed it was because they wanted to lower expectations because they knew what they were releasing wou…

• Just got this email: Quote from HexEntertainment: “ * HEX Entertainment Updates to our Privacy Policy We apologize for the flood of GDPR emails you have already received, however we value your privacy and want to be transparent about the data we collect, how we use it, and your rights to control that information. For these reasons, we have updated our Privacy Policy, effective May 24, 2018. Our new Privacy Policy reflects the high standards established by the General Data Protection Regulation (…

• Quote from Thoom: “Quote from ReluxTheRelux: “yes, I would also keep track of companies that do this, signs that they might not be that trustworthy. ” Or don't have a glut of resources to spare complying with bureaucracy. I think the GDPR is a good idea, but it definitely seems like it would be burdensome on a small business. ” Yup several games that were basically on life support shut down because of GDPR costs like Loadout.

• Siege Currency Update

Artic - - HEX News and Announcements

Surveying forum users always gives you bad data, they're a self-selected group representing players who like to complain about the game and players who like to defend the game. Most players never touch forums. In-game surveys is the best way to get good data, that way you get an actual representative sample of the playerbase. Email surveys are the second-best way. Forums and social media are the worst samples.

• That's incorrect, GDPR applies to any company with European users no matter where the company or data is located. That's why some companies are banning all European users to avoid having to make compliance updates.

• Do we know that it was deleted? I was under the impression that Hex has the account data with obfuscated names (that's why they can restore accounts from KS codes or friends with your obfuscated name) and gameforge has the key that maps the obfuscated usernames to login data. The reason accounts were "lost" after the deadline is that gameforge took down their service that allowed users to get the deobfuscated names.

• Basically the entire games industry is completely unprepared for GDPR. Unity (the engine Hex and everyone else uses) only put up their GDPR compliance plugin on Monday. Random thought: GDPR says that companies must provide users access to data about them. Does that mean people who lost their accounts in the Gameforge switch can make Gameforge give them the data Hex needs to restore their accounts?

• Wild West Challenge

Artic - - Feedback and Suggestions

Quote from Fred: “Sane request. They'll do it. Then they'll make a gauntlet out of it. And they'll charge 100 plat. And they won't let you challenge friends but rather whoever is in the queue. For prizes. ” I'm fine with Merry Melee being a thing so long as they add the formats to casual challenges too.

• Quote from schild: “ do you have an example of people actually excited about siege? ” I take your post to mean that you want an example of people being excited for the base idea that was pitched rather than their own expectations for how the idea would be expanded upon. They exist but I don't feel like going through archives of defunct fansites and crappy old forums to find all the theorycrafted keeps people were designing in alpha based off partial spoilers and kickstarter cards that weren't de…

• Quote from Utremeld: “Nobody asked for Siege ” You can say you disagreed (as did I) but saying that nobody wanted it is categorically false.

• Quote from schild: “Quote from Artic: “All the players thought it was a great idea at the time. ” speak for yourself ” I'm not actually, I'm relaying the general sentiment in the community.

• Quote from schild: “Guys Even in a vacuum, where we ONLY discuss the base format without the gambling or the fact it's pve that misses the pve audience or anything like that or exclusive prizes Purely the mechanics of playing standard against pve decks piloted by a not great AI The format is already bad All the rest of the shit is like building a giant gorgeous exterior for the inside of a soaked through cardboard box that's a little too small for the bum that lives in it I still want to know wh…

• Quote from Vroengard: “ The number 1 priority thing I want HXE to talk about is the Sony marketing money. I'm probably sounding like a broken record but unless we see/hear something, I can't help but believe that it is, perhaps, the most egregious and public lie the playerbase has been told. ” They ran a bunch of facebook ads back in March, I was seeing them constantly for a few weeks.

• Quote from Mystery: “I like the idea of encouraging defenders to create sieges that attackers enjoy. But if attackers are incented to attack sieges with a high-win rate, doesn't that mean that the way to draw attackers (by having the best rewards) is to have a high winrate? ” Kind of, having a super high winrate won't draw less confident players, just those looking for a challnge. Having a highish but not super high winrate would be the best (assuming the scaling on the rewards is set appropriat…

• Yeah I missed that, next time could you put it in the patch notes or its own post?

• (Copy-pasted from my post in another thread) Siege right now is essentially a more complicated asymmetrical version of wild west. It's a competitive mode with extra hoops to jump though rather than a proper PVE mode like it should be. Right now the reward structure for both offense and defense incentivize winning as much as possible, which means it's just going to boil down to meta decks. Meta decks work in regular PVP because the fun comes from outplaying your opponent, they don't work here bot…

• Was it announced anywhere that Corinth was ending today? I don't see it anywhere and I missed the chance to finish a run.

• Siege right now is essentially a more complicated asymmetrical version of wild west. It's a competitive mode with extra hoops to jump though rather than a proper PVE mode like it should be. Right now the reward structure for both offense and defense incentivize winning as much as possible, which means it's just going to boil down to meta decks. Meta decks work in regular PVP because the fun comes from outplaying your opponent, they don't work here both because it's asymmetrical and because it's …

• Quote from Erukk: “The personal reasons are usually bigger paychecks elsewhere since they aren't needed as much (or possibly at all) on their previous project anymore. ” Basically the only way to get decent raises in games is to switch companies.

• Corinth Continues

Artic - - HEX News and Announcements

Because Merry Melee is limited time anyway, they should just make it a ladder.