Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 916.

• That friday feeling!!!

Ossuary - - HEX Discussions

A Dingler would be a step up from what we have. At least they still serve as cannon fodder.

• That friday feeling!!!

He's censored 100 times more than he and you combined have written, if that makes you feel any better about how much work he does.

• draft roatations

Frankly they'd be better off setting up drafts to fire at set times and go back to pod drafting at this point. At least then there's a CHANCE they can fire, and you know when to try. Not that it matters. Dead game is dead.

• Fight of the Week

Ossuary - - Entertainment and Tech

I find the idea of Karate Tourette's highly inappropriate and therefore extremely amusing.

• Again, I don't have any sympathy whatsoever for people who mistreat / deceive their customers for the sake of their job. There's such a thing as standards. Dino already has a real job. Hex was always a side job. And they either wouldn't let him do it properly, or he just straight up didn't know what he should have been doing. The stuff he WAS doing, wasn't community management. No idea whose fault that was... but we haven't had a proper CM doing actual CM work since Phenteo left (and didn't have…

• Fight of the Week

Long takes are a special kind of awesome. The original Oldboy corridor scene is definitely amazing. I know it's not a "real" long take, because they hide some cuts in there when people get knocked off camera, but the "corridor" fight from season 1 of Netflix's Daredevil is pretty spectacular, too. You can really FEEL his weariness as the fight drags on. I have a special affection for fights like that, where the exhaustion is an actual factor. youtube.com/watch?v=B66feInucFY Gotta be honest... I …

• Fight of the Week

BTW, while I generally tend to enjoy realistic fights more than CGI / jumpcut fests, those types of fights have their merit as well. The restaurant fight in Rise of the Legend, for example, is an absolutely amazing and highly entertaining fight, specifically because of the way it's cut together. The slow mo, the CGI swooshes of air from the weapon swings, the POV shot at the end - it's silly and stupid, but in the best possible way. youtube.com/watch?v=pc3XQAql2C4 Obviously you don't watch stuff…

• Fight of the Week

Quote from Ertzi: “Haha! Welcome to the party, Oss. I love Donnie Yen, but if you think this is a great movie fight, we simply have different tastes. Nothing wrong with that of course, as these things are highly and completely subjective. I can't stand this sped-up crap myself, and the editing is horrible. Flash cuts and a constantly moving, shaky camera. Cartoonish sound effects and needless nigh-comical slow-motion in the beginning. Everything is too hurried, and I can't savor the techniques a…

• Fight of the Week

Please allow me to win immediately. youtube.com/watch?v=D-gzXwigCC0 Reasons: hard hits, good weapon use, much kicking of ass.

• I feel bad for Dinobot in all this. With no more bashes and clashes firing, he only has to copy and paste an article with no new content in it once a week instead of twice a week. They just slashed his work hours in half! From 2 minutes, all the way down to 1 minute. The pay cut must be devastating to his livelihood...

• That friday feeling!!!

They never said they had 8 years of story WRITTEN, they said they had 8 years of story PLANNED. As in, Cory had a basic idea in his head or scribbled drunkenly on a cocktail napkin for the main thrust of the story.

• Not as stupefying as doing so amidst total radio silence, but that of course is par for the course around here. Why do a job well when you can do it poorly and with no communication instead?

• That friday feeling!!!

See that just makes me think of Princess Cory, and makes me sad all over again. How did we get from "I will do literally anything to make this game happen" to "I'm too much of a coward to even check the forums once in four months"?

• Plus when the final desperate clinger finally gives up and leaves too, they can get a nice last meal out of the potato.

• That friday feeling!!!

If they never answer anything ever no matter how desperate their 7 remaining fans get, and censor almost all dissenting threads... that would also be "interesting."

• It's got nothing to do with mentality. It's got to do with reality. I just *love* the idea that anything anyone here says could possibly be any worse for the game than what the developers have already done to it themselves. It's adorable.

• I've made a total of over 10,000 posts across 3 forums supporting the game. Literally hundreds of thousands of words devoted to trying to help make the game better. I've been in direct communication in person and online with members of staff, including the boss man. My thoughts and ideas were ignored or summarily dismissed. I don't "owe" them anything at this point, Reeplay. They've proven they're fine with the game being dead by their lack of action or effort to stop it. I'm not obligated to pl…

• I've experienced that behavior personally. I'm very much NOT a competitive person. Both of my children, for no apparent reason, are. They hate losing, even in friendly family games. My wife and I both actively encouraged playing fair, playing nice, having fun being more important than winning, etc. It didn't make a difference. In most other areas, we've had good success shaping them into little versions of people you can actually stand to be around, but when it comes to gaming, they're both the …

• There's no question that the vast majority of them were PVE. That was the whole point. The problem is HexEnt thought they could convert non-paying PVE players into paying PVP players, when what they SHOULD have been doing is trying to convert any kind of non-paying player into any kind of paying player, by giving them lots of free content and a reason to want to collect more cards. The way they talked, other than their weird hangups on paid cosmetics, that was what they originally wanted and int…

• I see no reason to suspect that the 120K number could have been an outright lie, as it's such a pathetically small number for an online game like this, there'd be no reason to use that as your fake number. No, it's definitely the accurate number, but using my previously stated criteria for "active" (and Plotynus's explanation for how many "real" active and paying players that might conceivably convert into). Basically, even counting just 1 login per month as active, 120K is a laughably low popul…