Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 303.

• Best guess from me is that the codework that's already been done is not viable to continue forward, so it's a substantially harder sell than just 'Here's a great product that needs funding.'

• eternal card game

Obsidian - - HEX Discussions

Quote from Gregangel: “Quote from Obsidian: “Eternal was alright. The appeal wears off once you hit the more difficult tiers of decks and run out of their newbie gold generosity. Once you make it to masters, the AI drafts don't really pay for themselves, and grinding gold in their gauntlet is pretty unbearable. But I will give them credit for the sheer variety of decks you run into. I've been playing a lot of the new Legend of the Five Rings game, both in paper and online. It's a great game, but…

• eternal card game

Quote from Goliathus: “Anyone who finds Eternal draft interesting and fun, mind sharing your view with me? I would share why I think it is boring if anyone is interested, but I don't have time to type now. ” I enjoyed it because it's easy, fast, low-stakes against an AI, and you can keep trying it, hoping to get certain combinations of cards. The fact that it's against an AI makes a huge difference for me, because that's how I like to play. I don't mind the simple 'pick one of three' that Hearth…

• Hex is the best.

Hex is a great card game, the client just somehow didn't manage to beat MtGO, an ancient relic but yet still functionable.

• eternal card game

Eternal was alright. The appeal wears off once you hit the more difficult tiers of decks and run out of their newbie gold generosity. Once you make it to masters, the AI drafts don't really pay for themselves, and grinding gold in their gauntlet is pretty unbearable. But I will give them credit for the sheer variety of decks you run into. I've been playing a lot of the new Legend of the Five Rings game, both in paper and online. It's a great game, but unfortunately won't scratch the itch for us …

• Quote from TheMainEvent: “Quote from Eraia: “- A developer who interacted with their community as people ” Quote from schild: “Quote from federicorighi: “Hi guys, since there are many posts around the forum about how things are going bad and why, I thought it could be interesting to sum up everyone's proposals to make the game better and (re)attract people. Just to be more precise, I'm not referring to big structural changes, like a complete revision fo the PvE components of the game, just to so…

• Yeah, people have already produced exhaustive lists of this sort (low-hanging fruit) as well as longer-term direction, numerous times. The Devs don't care, or take note, or respond, so what's another list worth. I will note here though, that all they really need in my opinion is a capable development team that can actually implement updates in a timely manner. Even with PvE on the back burner, things were going along alright before it became clear that they just couldn't work with their own clie…

• Well, it COULD be argued from the KS that the devs interpreted the backers to have a strong interest in draft and card value, since Pro Player tier sold out the fastest by a wide margin, and the others only really caught up interest when they had a year-long pro-player stapled on.

• Eh, customers may be dissatisfied, but I don't think we could possibly accuse Hex of outright predatory behavior. They went out of their way *not* to monetize a lot of things. The only reason we've been 'nickel and dimed' recently is because they're literally desperate for money now. They've had nothing but good intent (and bad implementation.) Dunno. Depicting Cory as literally swimming in a pile of money is so far from reality that I don't see the relevance. Funny, though.

• Eh, if people are enjoying the game, they could invest money in it even if it's not required for events. The biggest barrier to acquiring money right now is that the game is a desert, and nobody feels safe paying into something that's clearly dying. If there are signs of activity, then people will be more likely to spend money. I think going free-draft is probably the only way Hex could possibly increases it's revenue flow right now.

• At this point I wonder if it'd just be best to implement free events like in the Alpha. No prize pack rewards, but just free drafts to get people back in the client and start building up a player base again so the game isn't an empty playground.

• How far is AZ3 coming?

A couple things have become readily apparent (mostly that the game is not profitable and that the team is down to a skeleton crew at the moment), but the inciting event this year was 'Artistgate,' where some artists that did work for Hex posted that they hadn't been paid for their work yet. While it was resolved in a fairly quick manner after coming to light, Cory's response was that he wasn't going to discuss these sorts of matters with the public. Since then, there's been no trust between the …

• I think it requires more money than hard work. The fact that FFXIV was rebooted is pretty much a feat of corporate determination. All the resources poured into that to patch it up makes it singularly unique. Now, CZE isn't a small company like Hex is. If CZE decides Hex deserves another shot, maybe they could make that happen. And I'd support that, maybe even monetarily. But so far, it seems that LLC for Hex isn't just for show.

• Everyone complained about the premature Steam Release, and PS4 release, and now you're actually asking for a premature Set 10 release? No. Finish a product before selling it. I think we've learned that point already.

• Steam numbers dont count!

Quote from Metronomy: “It doesnt even matter who is to blame. Did the piranha encounter cause a lot of negative steam reviews? Yes. Was that easily avoidable and unnecessary? Yes. Thats all you need to know really. The developer/manufacturer acts according to his players/customers. Not the other way around. ” I'm not sure it's that simple. There were negative reviews citing the piranha encounter, but I think that context shifts the picture a bit. I've been arguing that the piranha encounter isn'…

Quote from Pandaemonium: “Quote from Obsidian: “Not really. This is about people reacting negatively to a simple obstacle that was explicitly mentioned in the text, and instead of finding a way around that obstacle, simply giving up and blaming the game. That's not an "I'm not enjoying this game," that's "I can't be bothered to think about this problem I've been faced with." If they didn't enjoy the piranha encounter, guess what? They could have gone to the other node! I'll turn it around on you…

Not really. This is about people reacting negatively to a simple obstacle that was explicitly mentioned in the text, and instead of finding a way around that obstacle, simply giving up and blaming the game. That's not an "I'm not enjoying this game," that's "I can't be bothered to think about this problem I've been faced with." If they didn't enjoy the piranha encounter, guess what? They could have gone to the other node! I'll turn it around on you, it's not Hex's responsibility to cater every s…

You don't have to give the game a good review, but you should (note, aren't obligated to, but should) give it a good faith effort and approach it professionally. That would include applying any amount of effort into exploring if you have made a mistake, and trying other options. I just don't understand the mentality of "I lost hard, Devs obviously did something wrong." I don't remember any prompt when I ran through, but I'd also wager it's built to trigger on your first game loss, which makes se…

No, if you're given two options and one of them doesn't work, you should consider the other option, not give up. Players need to take responsibility for themselves. Goodness help them if they ever run into a problem that doesn't solve itself. Frankly, if you were paid to stream Hex and gave up at piranhas, you should be ashamed of yourself. You might not have been contractually obligated to perform well, but you should at least put some effort in to your work when you're being paid. It just soun…

I don't understand how the Piranha encounter was ever a problem. It doesn't take much to realize when an encounter is over your pay grade, especially in an RPG. I think most gamers develop a sense for "Hang on, this isn't right..." And then you have a branching path? The obvious answer is that you took the wrong path. And yeah, there's a warning right in the text about it. To expect the game to stop you and say, "Hey, maybe you didn't read this, but this is too hard for new players" is ridiculou…