Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 800.

• There were also a whopping 10 people in the Bash yesterday, and 3 of them dropped after round 1, so, you know, that's not helping the value of currency or collections any. It's pretty pathetic that you can go 0-1, drop, and still get way more than the entry fee in prizes. Eventually HexEnt is going to have to admit that they have royally fucked up pretty much everything to do with the community and monetization of the game, and take some sort of steps to correct it, other than just delaying thin…

• Yeah I wasn't even getting to that yet. I was more concerned about the actual broken parts, not the stupid / inattentive parts.

• Don't kid yourselves guys. "We don't have the art" is, while technically true, not even close to the only reason Set 10 is delayed. In reality, it's also not coded. You'll note if you go back and look at the post that it is "designed," not "created" or "coded." They don't just lack the art assets, they also lack the time / money / staff to have actually created the set in client as well. They cannot just throw temp art on there, even if that were a good idea (it's not), and release the set. It s…

• It's still showing set 9 gems last I checked. Is that "the fix" or is it still just broken?

• Steam numbers dont count!

Ossuary - - HEX Discussions

Quote from Obsidian: “I'm not sure it's that simple. ” Quote from Obsidian: “I think that's because they were done with the game before they got to the piranha encounter, and used that as a reason to put it down. ” Quote from Obsidian: “So, I don't think the piranha encounter was a mistake. I think that they should never have described the game as free to play, among other things. ” And I think you are trying WAY too hard to justify / forgive objectively terrible design and decisions by the devs…

• Quote from NeroJinous: “I understand hex is lacking QA, but the gem issue should have never happened. Can your coders come post and explain how they let that through? ” I can tell you exactly why it happened, because it's exactly why they kept having issues with Inspire troops whenever they used to add a new one. 1. Everything in the database is based on flags, that have to be manually added. 2. Nothing is linked. 3. They have no version control and no automation. So whenever they used to create…

There was no "in retrospect" about it. We told them over and over again as soon as they said they were going to do it, not to do it. We laid out dozens of things that were wrong with the game and their approach that needed to be corrected before they even tried to launch. They didn't listen. It was a shitshow.

• Preach. Every time I log in lately, I feel like I've tricked myself into doing something dirty. Like I'm cheating on a diet or something.

• Oh, for sure. My wallet remains firmly closed. No chance of me spending anything until they start communicating properly and start actually fixing some things in the client. I won't support this copy / paste fluff bullshit. It's unacceptable, full stop.

• Also it looks like despite what it says in the Friday update, you guys fucked up the gems. They are set 9 gems (with nearly zero prismatic troops in the set, too). So, you know, REAL nice job guys. Frickin'... babytime frolic level professionalism.

• Oh look, it's more copy and paste, with extremely minor updates from the not-really-a-patch patch. q7FuJvs.png Are you guys EVER going to talk to us about anything, or do anything actually helpful for the game? Or are we doomed to weekly copy and pastes until the servers inevitably shut down?

• Quote from Portensio: “I think they just copy pasted the past title and left it like that.. it was a currency update! It is indeed strange as a title. ” Yeah, that's roughly the level of effort, professionalism, and attention to detail we've come to expect from today's HexEnt. Dinobot, activate! 9425f8721a71b32a6b3fb48133d011f4.jpg

• So is this, like, a real patch? Or just adding cosmetics and nothing else? Are the latest VIP AAs listable on the AH yet?

It's not that Hex doesn't need Steam, it's that Hex was in such a bad state and so completely false advertising as they were attempting to classify it, that it was 100% doomed to be a failure if it launched on Steam. We tried to warn them they couldn't release as-was and as-advertised on Steam and that it would bite them in the ass and waste their one and only chance to capture Steam momentum - they didn't listen, it was terrible, the reviews reflected that, and it will forever be impossible to …

• Dino Watch

Quote from Mokog: “It might be interesting if Hex actually open sources the engine while maintaining control of the IP. Then they can release what they are good at and take advantage of folks looking for challenges in coding. Implementing that idea has a lot of glossed over details but could work? ” The client couldn't possibly be any worse than it already is. And there are literally dozens of optimizations Unity programmers like myself could make - even without knowing the exact code of Hex its…

• Today I watched the AI shit the bed worse than I've ever seen it do before. It used Uzzu's charge power to gain a random threshold that didn't match anything in its deck OR hand, rather than getting a 2nd sapphire threshold to play the multiple chronodemons it was actively holding in hand and would have had the resources to play. Once it finally got a 2nd sapphire threshold by accident, it held THREE chronodemons in its hand for FIVE turns, discarding card after card rather than playing out a tr…

• Dino Watch

So god damn true. Digital Extremes will go down in history as one of the best managed F2P endeavors of all time. If there were a book on "How to not be shit at managing your game and community," Digital Extremes would have written it, and HexEnt would be using it for toilet paper.

• Dino Watch

Quote from Mormont: “Forum PVP is all we have left. ” Next Friday update they will announce a new game mode, Forum Bash. 500 plat entry fee, most toxic comment wins 10 packs and an AA Arcing Venom Sleeve.

• Dino Watch

I don't expect it (as I have also said before). But that doesn't mean I'm not still going to point out things I see that I feel are wrong, or call them out when they try to make broad, sweeping statements that are demonstrably inaccurate. So I am both offering solutions that COULD work, if only they would listen, and trying to make sure others don't fall for the empty platitudes again. And be sure: whether or not it's intentional, the platitudes ARE empty.

• Dino Watch

Quote from Dinotropia: “Hey guys, No need for the conspiracy theories. I am still here, fighting the good fight. I still support HEX as much as I did when I first started streaming. I realize tensions are high as we wait for more news, but as Cory mentioned in his last letter, sometimes there are constraints on what can be shared. We are doing what we can with the resources we have. I know that this won't convince those who have already made up their minds, but we are doing everything we can to …