Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 827.

• Quote from Vroengard: “No, there isn't. You're just a negativity magnet for whatever reason. ” There really are. At least in relation to Magic. The negativity from folks here is far higher in terms of proportion than with Magic. Quote from Vroengard: “Finally, are you sure YOU understand how Kickstarter works? kickstarter.com/blog/accountability-on-kickstarter "Yes. Kickstarter's Terms of Use require creators to fulfill all rewards of their project or refund any backer whose reward they do not o…

• There is a difference between being hostile to people who are hostile and being openly hostile to everyone that exists. I know I was rude to you here. I know I've been rude to schild and Metro. I'm not oblivious. You want respect? Treat other people with some respect. You hold me to some absurd standards that you don't hold yourself too. You are allowed to openly attack me, but if I respond with anything negative I'm this giant awful person. Quote from Transience: “Your content is great, I am co…

• Quote from Metronomy: “It is just funny that less than a year ago you said during one of your streams: "Hex, from an outsiders perspective, seems like they've been consitently making good decisions and using their ressources wisely." Just out of curiosity..do you still think this way? I doubt many people would agree with above statement. ” Opinions change as we get more information. This was said before we knew they spent whatever unholy amount of work they put into Siege instead of the endless …

• It doesn't really surprise me that a bunch of the people I've butted heads with here are piling on to dump on me along with the human garbage that is Unsleeved Media. I'm not embarrassed about anything that I've done. I cut an awful person out of my life instead of trying to change them when I knew I couldn't. If you like associating with people who are sexist, racist, homophobic, and a slew of other unpleasant things - that is great for you. I choose not to do that in my personal life. In other…

• Quote from Malloc: “There is an easy fix to this. Change the AH so that the AH fee is paid by the seller when listing the item (and remove bidding, leave only buyouts). People would then only list items at prices they actually expect them to sell at, and it would lower costs towards the actual value of the cards. I have played other games with this kind of system and it works great. ” This assumes people will be listing things. The reason there are issues is by and large because listing things i…

• Quote from Ossuary: “If Hex sold every single card on demand at an exact fixed price, nobody would ever buy a single booster pack ever again except to actually play in a limited tournament. ” So what? They'd be making money in a different way. "Sell packs for limited, limited feeds constructed" is a novel idea. One that isn't currently working. They need to innovate. Arena is coming. Artifact is coming. Hex is awesome. Get people in the door playing it to see that. Even with better advertising a…

• Quote from Ossuary: “Then you get the price fix for free on top if it, without extra work, and without pissing off everybody who's dared to continue to be loyal for this long. ” Kinda. Those people who delusional of what their Hex cards are "worth" are likely going to lose their shit regardless of why the prices go down. Regardless of it is the market becoming larger and naturally correcting itself or direct intervention.

• Quote from Ossuary: “The market being shit is not actually stopping the game from having more players; the terrible UI, non-existent new user experience, piss-poor onboarding process, and complete lack of market awareness is why there are no players. ” As someone who has access to pitching Hex to non-Hex players on a consistent basis I disagree with your assessment here. While the things you listed here would help, the price point is also important. Most people don't want to take a risk on somet…

• Quote from GryphonGardens: “I would note one of the issues is the competitive culture and top heavy rewards that drive suboptimal decks out. The result is a few tier1 priceless cards and a lot of junk. ” It amazes me that the TCG culture causes people to make shit up like this even when we can show it is literally untrue since Hex gives us all the data. It isn't just the tier 1 decks that are expensive in Hex. The pain sisters deck I played to cosmic with this season and 3-0-1'd the bash with is…

• Quote from Osamaru: “except prices are determined by the market, and not something that can be "fixed" unless they start letting you buy copies of every meta deck. ” "It can't be fixed" "unless" I thought about responding more to this, but I'm going to just go slam my hand in a car door, because it would probably be more productive.

• Quote from Vroengard: “"They CANNOT" as in "They don't have the ability to" because they'd need to have someone somehow evaluate the ""true worth"" of the card through all game modes (Campaign, FRA, Siege, Standard, Immortal, Singleton) THEN come up with a price to assign to that ""true worth"" and THEN do the same at least once per week. For every card. ” I love when folks act like this would be really complicated. Commons? 5 plat Uncommons? 25 plat Rares? 100 plat Legendaries? 500 plat Easy pr…

• Another alternative solution: Reduce the price of $200 decks to something more reasonable. Say, sub $60 like the cost of most video games.

• You don't have to scrap the ability to trade and become a CCG to make Hex accessible. They can leave the ability to swap cards with other players (which is a good thing IMO), but straddle prices so rares are $1-2 and legends are $5~ instead of piles of money they get to now for various reasons.

• Quote from Vroengard: “HXE CANNOT and SHOULD NOT regulate the price of cards outside of packing them in signature decks. ” Yeah. They should let all the new players be priced out instead. So that "free market" that is being manipulated by bored people with too much plat and keep existing. Hex is my favorite stock market simulator.

• Quote from Plotynus: “It works in a similar way as Jeff proposed, it's just a way to use the existing code to implement this. ” Limited gauntlet events already support using packs as part of the entry. While I haven't seen the Hex code base, I can't imagine it is that hard to flip it on for constructed as well. There are a lot of convoluted, good, and bad solutions outside of what I suggested here. Just using packs as entry though is simple and should hopefully be fairly clean to implement. I ju…

• The flood of packs from Immortal Gauntlets and Bash / Clash are great for driving down the cost of limited. However for constructed they make the events harder to break even on. A quick / easy way to offset this is to allow packs to be used as 200 plat toward event entry. Example: Allow Gauntlet Entry with 2x Packs and 100 Plat, 1x Pack and 300 plat, or 500 plat as is. Could do similar for the Bash. This also saves people who want to just play a bunch and worry about selling stuff later the abil…

• Quote from Plotynus: “I know, but is not a conventional solution and definitely one that people here won't like (seeing some reactions with the $25 decks): direct intervention from HXE on the AH. ” Those people are going to be pretty upset when all their stuff is "worth" nothing cause no one is around to play with. People need to stop looking at games as an "investment". You should be playing games for fun. Right now the Hex econ is a direct hurdle to letting people get into Hex. At this point I…

• It is standard legal cards that have lots of volatile prices as well. I wanted to refer someone the sisters deck I 3-0-1'd the bash with: hexpvptools.net/tournament/1126306718/player/4458793 Sunday night PVP tools estimated it was almost 30k plat to get off the AH. As of this post it estimates it is 21k plat. On Primal it costs $160 before a discount code. That is a _huge_ amount of inflation on the AH. It is tough seeing non-game related stuff like this hurt Hex. Their game play is great, but t…

• This would likely cause people to start joining with awful decks full of random commons and uncommons they couldn't play on the ladder. This is an extremely frustrating experience for people trying to play enjoyable games of Hex. Stomping a pile of bad cards isn't fun for me or the person getting stepped on.

• Quote from SlayerStronghold: “No, it really doesn't. The problem is that there is no audience for this wholesale. either you have new players, which play standard and won't do anything with a large portion of your collection or you have old players that already have a large portion and don't want to double up. ” Past this - the Hex market is kind of at a bubble right now (always?) when the buylist / on demand sell back value of something is far less than the "retail" price on the AH / third part…